mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
Just saw this this morning. Wonder if it’s true

Attachments

• 5659F6AA-D144-42C9-B7D7-872A21C217CE.jpeg
    5659F6AA-D144-42C9-B7D7-872A21C217CE.jpeg
    567.2 KB · Views: 649

It’s true a poster on GI is claiming this.

we’ll see if it ends up happening. Not a mod like Burns making the claim just fyi.

If true, I wonder how the February transfer works? Classes have already started; I'm assuming for grad students too.

I won't lie, I haven't really been impressed with him. I think we have have many receivers much better than him.

Interesting. I'd be excited by this. Maybe some new maroon and gold scenery would be just what the doctor ordered. I'd obviously much rather see him here than go to some other B1G school and suddenly become a 1st round draft choice!

I won't lie, I haven't really been impressed with him. I think we have have many receivers much better than him.
We have one receiver better than him. He would easily be our #2 receiver and a fantastic addition. Who do we have that you are convinced is "much" better than him (other than Bateman)?

I'm skeptical as well. We're overly full already and I don't think he could even talk to Fleck before entering the portal...

It’s true a poster on GI is claiming this.

we’ll see if it ends up happening. Not a mod like Burns making the claim just fyi.

Just because someone has staff by there name on GI is a joke. Plenty of people are worthless over there like Zach Johnson and Dan Owen for example

We have one receiver better than him. He would easily be our #2 receiver and a fantastic addition. Who do we have that you are convinced is "much" better than him (other than Bateman)?
I don't think he'd easily be our #2. He may be #3, but only maybe. Christ Autman-bell is better than him, I'd bet some of our incoming freshman are too. And as far as punt returns how many did he muff against us this year? Am I the only one who watched that game and thought "huh speilman doesn't look like a B1G player". If he wants to come here and Fleck wants him here then I'm on board. I just laugh at all you guys who think he's some great talent. His numbers are average and no where near what we just had 2 receivers do this year.

I don't think he'd easily be our #2. He may be #3, but only maybe. Christ Autman-bell is better than him, I'd bet some of our incoming freshman are too. And as far as punt returns how many did he muff against us this year? Am I the only one who watched that game and thought "huh speilman doesn't look like a B1G player". If he wants to come here and Fleck wants him here then I'm on board. I just laugh at all you guys who think he's some great talent. His numbers are average and no where near what we just had 2 receivers do this year.
You said many better receivers. To me that implies more than 2. And on the topic of CAB, was it the 371 yards he put up this year that make you think he's much better than Spielman, or am I missing something. CAB has 820 yards in 2 years here - Spielman has at least 818 yards each season at Nebraska. Nobody is saying he's as good as TJ or RB but to act like he wouldn't be a nice upgrade and a big addition is foolish homerism.

Fleck recruited Jesus?

You said many better receivers. To me that implies more than 2. And on the topic of CAB, was it the 371 yards he put up this year that make you think he's much better than Spielman, or am I missing something. CAB has 820 yards in 2 years here - Spielman has at least 818 yards each season at Nebraska. Nobody is saying he's as good as TJ or RB but to act like he wouldn't be a nice upgrade and a big addition is foolish homerism.
As the #3 option ofcourse his totals will be lower. CAB has made some big catches for us, knows our system, etc he'll be the #2 guy even if spielman transfers here. I've watched spielman play many times, he doesn't seem to have the wow factor he had in highschool. Maybe he's just disengaged but I haven't been impressed. You can be impressed with mediocre numbers if you want. 800 yards for what should be a number 1 receiver doesn't impress me. You can call that homerism I guess. I also think we have some pretty good talent already coming in and we'll be just fine at WR. But like I said, if fleck wants him here then let's do it.

Hard to completely evaluate Spielman because the poor guy hasn't had a QB that could hit him in stride on a route. If JD had someone like Morgan that can give him a chance to make a play I think he will thrive at Minnesota. Seems like he was a total phenom as a freshman but hanse necessarily gotten better, not sure that's his fault. Would love to have him!

As the #3 option ofcourse his totals will be lower. CAB has made some big catches for us, knows our system, etc he'll be the #2 guy even if spielman transfers here. I've watched spielman play many times, he doesn't seem to have the wow factor he had in highschool. Maybe he's just disengaged but I haven't been impressed. You can be impressed with mediocre numbers if you want. 800 yards for what should be a number 1 receiver doesn't impress me. You can call that homerism I guess. I also think we have some pretty good talent already coming in and we'll be just fine at WR. But like I said, if fleck wants him here then let's do it.

I'll agree and disagree with you. I agree that people are sleeping on CAB. He's going to fill TJ's shoes nicely next season.

Spielman is better than you are giving him credit for. Nebraska's offense was not good last year and he was able to average 18.3 yds/catch, with teams focused on stopping him. TJ averaged 15.3, Bateman a ridiculous 20.3 yds/catch. Eric Decker averaged 13.7 for his career, and 15.2 his final season.

The classic if he doesn't do well in one game he doesn't belong in the Big Ten, sigh.

I thought that was only supposed to be said on the hoops board.

The classic if he doesn't do well in one game he doesn't belong in the Big Ten, sigh.

I thought that was only supposed to be said on the hoops board.
The classic didn't read the posts where I said I've seen him play multiple times.... sigh

I'll agree and disagree with you. I agree that people are sleeping on CAB. He's going to fill TJ's shoes nicely next season.

Spielman is better than you are giving him credit for. Nebraska's offense was not good last year and he was able to average 18.3 yds/catch, with teams focused on stopping him. TJ averaged 15.3, Bateman a ridiculous 20.3 yds/catch. Eric Decker averaged 13.7 for his career, and 15.2 his final season.
Yeah maybe i'm underestimating how pedestrian the huskers offense has been the last couple years. Still doesn't change my opinion that I'm not that impressed with him and had higher expectations for him coming out of high school.

JD has over 800 yards his soph and freshman years as the #2 receiver when Morgan was their #1 guy. He was 2 yards shy of a 900 yard season as the #1. If he declared for the draft, he’d likely bedrafted. Not the case with CAB.

I like CAB and all but I think JD would be playing for the #1 spot for sure and have a great chance to get it. Dude is that good.

As for the rumors, who knows about them, could be nothing to it, could be something, no idea.

Top Bottom