JD Spielman. RTB?

He’s not a grad transfer. Just saying that the rules should apply to everyone equally.
Right, and I believe he has to get a waiver, just like everyone else right? Just because you don't think there's cause for him to get a waiver at TCU doesn't mean he shouldn't.

Right, and I believe he has to get a waiver, just like everyone else right? Just because you don't think there's cause for him to get a waiver at TCU doesn't mean he shouldn't.
Of course.

I’m only ever expressing my opinion, when I post on GH. Not sure I understand your complaint then?

JD Spielman started following a former TCU DE and current TCU QB Max Duggan, paired with the Student Email register showing his name I'm pretty certain he is transferring the TCU. Unless this is all part of some elaborate ploy to throw folks off the scent.

JD Spielman started following a former TCU DE and current TCU QB Max Duggan, paired with the Student Email register showing his name I'm pretty certain he is transferring the TCU. Unless this is all part of some elaborate ploy to throw folks off the scent.
JD Spielman

Wasn't Duggan a former QB commit?

You do know that JD can transfer anywhere he wants, right? May have to sit out a year, may not, but the old NCAA transfer rules don't apply anymore.

JD has to get a waiver to ever play college football again. If he doesn't get the waiver, he will burn his final year of eligibility sitting out the 2020 season at TCU. He will have no eligibility left for 2021.

He won't play for Kill in MPLS but he'll play for him in Fort Worth.. 🤔
Daddy Spelman must really hate the Gophers..
We didn't pursue him, from the article linked in the tweet:
A native of Minnesota and the son of Minnesota Vikings general manager Rick Spielman, many were predicting that Spielman would return home and be part of the PJ Fleck’s program at Minnesota. However, Minnesota did not pursue Spielman and TCU, behind the recruitment of Jerry Kill, was able to land the talented receiver.

could he transfer to TCU but then after a month and maybe another health episode transfer easier back home to his home state?????

From the article:
A native of Minnesota and the son of Minnesota Vikings general manager Rick Spielman, many were predicting that Spielman would return home and be part of the PJ Fleck’s program at Minnesota. However, Minnesota did not pursue Spielman and TCU, behind the recruitment of Jerry Kill, was able to land the talented receiver.

Figures. Typical. The internet gets excited, over what would've been an obvious and great thing, and of course f__ing of course, it was never a thing to begin with.

Damn.

I truly hope he is denied eligibility to play there in 2020, if we have a season. I'm a bitter, spiteful person.

He would have been a nice fit at Minnesota, at least he's out of Nebraska.
Absolutely the silver lining. Hope Frost face plants as hard as humanly possible.

He had one amazing year at Central Florida, where they simply had more talent than every team they played in the regular season (including at Maryland). They played their asses off to not lose the championship game to Memphis, after handedly beating them earlier in the season. Then they beat a dejected Auburn team in the Peach bowl.

Frost hadn't done jack as a head coach before that, literally.

And dumb Corn fans actually thought, because ... what, he had that one year at Central Florida, and because he was born in Nebraska and played for Nebraska, that he would return Lincoln to being Alabama in football????

Such a joke.

Absolutely the silver lining. Hope Frost face plants as hard as humanly possible.

He had one amazing year at Central Florida, where they simply had more talent than every team they played in the regular season (including at Maryland). They played their asses off to not lose the championship game to Memphis, after handedly beating them earlier in the season. Then they beat a dejected Auburn team in the Peach bowl.

And dumb Corn fans actually thought, because ... what, he had that one year at Central Florida, and because he was born in Nebraska and played for Nebraska, that he would return Lincoln to being Alabama in football????

Such a joke.
Frost was a top notch assistant coach. His run at Oregon as OC was elite by any standard. Took an 0-12 team to 13 wins in two years at UCF and they continued to win at a high level after he left.

Such a joke.
It is not hard to understand at all why they took a flyer on Frost. He was viewed as an up and comer and being a Nebraska alum was icing on the cake. They took a chance on a head coach coming off a very successful year as opposed to a coordinator from a successful program as others may have done. Mistakes happen - Tim Brewster ring a bell. What is hard to understand is that he is not already gone or isn't seriously on the hot seat for the garbage football teams he has fielded with all of the talent that they have.

Frost was a top notch assistant coach. His run at Oregon as OC was elite by any standard. Took an 0-12 team to 13 wins in two years at UCF and they continued to win at a high level after he left.
He was OC/QB coach over the 2013-2015 seasons. In 2013 and 14 they had Marcus Mariota. And were arguably the most talented team in the conference. I for one doubt that Frost himself did anything special that any other comparably qualified coach couldn't have done just as well.

2015 Marcus left early, they didn't replace him with someone as good, and they fell.

2016 at UCF he went 6-7. He didn't recruit most of the players.

I already gave him full credit for 2017, though I have no idea how much of the talent there was recruited by him.

Ryan Burns is tweeting that the Gophers did pursue Spielman, but - in his words -

I will say though, Minnesota absolutely (without a doubt) pursued Spielman, but it clear early on it wasn't going to happen.

It is not hard to understand at all why they took a flyer on Frost. He was viewed as an up and comer and being a Nebraska alum was icing on the cake. They took a chance on a head coach coming off a very successful year as opposed to a coordinator from a successful program as others may have done. Mistakes happen - Tim Brewster ring a bell. What is hard to understand is that he is not already gone or isn't seriously on the hot seat for the garbage football teams he has fielded with all of the talent that they have.
Certainly fair points .... but Nebraska has been on a bad roll of poor coaching decisions.

They're desparate to get back to the late 90's/early 2000's .... and they'll never get back there. Which is good.

Ryan Burns is tweeting that the Gophers did pursue Spielman, but - in his words -

I will say though, Minnesota absolutely (without a doubt) pursued Spielman, but it clear early on it wasn't going to happen.
Probably had to have at least an informal agreement not to transfer to another Big Ten school (let alone one in the division), in order for Nebraska not to black ball the waiver request.

and just found this from an article by Horned Frog Blitz - which I'm sure is a reputable source.

sources also told HFB that Spielman's waiver request to play immediately in 2020 has been granted.

and just found this from an article by Horned Frog Blitz - which I'm sure is a reputable source.

sources also told HFB that Spielman's waiver request to play immediately in 2020 has been granted.
Yeah that's the same article. Who knows, but probably.

I would've rejected his ass, if I was on the committee. Moving ... farther away... from home, helps your mental health? When you said you had to leave Lincoln to come home to the Twin Cities to get better ... so now you're all good and can go to DFW? Crock of s___.

He wasn’t going to get a waiver to play in the Big Ten.
Probably had to have at least an informal agreement not to transfer to another Big Ten school (let alone one in the division), in order for Nebraska not to black ball the waiver request.

You nailed it! That’s what it is. No need to read anything more into it.

Yeah that's the same article. Who knows, but probably.

I would've rejected his ass, if I was on the committee. Moving ... farther away... from home, helps your mental health? When you said you had to leave Lincoln to come home to the Twin Cities to get better ... so now you're all good and can go to DFW? Crock of s___.
How could this be, you said there was zero chance of him getting an immediate eligibility waiver at a school farther from home.

How could this be, you said there was zero chance of him getting an immediate eligibility waiver at a school farther from home.
If I did say it, phrased as you have, then clearly I was wrong. Won't be the last time I am wrong, either.

I'm pretty sure I was more careful in my phrasing, as I often do. But anyway..

Can't wait for
If I did say it, phrased as you have, then clearly I was wrong. Won't be the last time I am wrong, either.

I'm pretty sure I was more careful in my phrasing, as I often do. But anyway..

Good grief. Don't break you arm.

Top Bottom