JD Spielman. RTB?

As did the current HC benefit from Frost's recruiting.
Yes.

And hopefully Frost goes under .500 again at Nebraska his year.

I can’t kick the school out of the Big Ten, where they never deserved to be, but I can root for their pride and joy football team to turn into a red turd for the next couple decades.

Yes.

I can’t kick the school out of the Big Ten, where they never deserved to be, but I can root for their pride and joy football team to turn into a red turd for the next couple decades.
Your obsessive hatred for Nebraska is....hard to understand. Sure, I'd love Nebraska to suck as much as the next guy but I will save all my hatred for the red team to our east.

it doesn't surprise me that jd picked tcu. the spielman family knows full well that ol' jer' is a ball coach. they know it's who he is and it's in his blood. the spielman's know that jer' turns boys into men and that football is his vehicle. they want jd to be mentored by jer' on and off the field, and anything jd needs fixed, kill will help because he's a fix it guy.

NEVER gets old. :D

Your obsessive hatred for Nebraska is....hard to understand. Sure, I'd love Nebraska to suck as much as the next guy but I will save all my hatred for the red team to our east.
I have plenty enough to go around for Wisc, Iowa, and Nebraska.

My opposition to Nebraska is much more at the institutional level. They never deserved to be let into the Big Ten. It was a huge gamble, Delaney hoping to boost TV value for the BTN and Big Ten championship game, etc. Backfired hugely.

My opposition to Nebraska is much more at the institutional level. They never deserved to be let into the Big Ten. It was a huge gamble, Delaney hoping to boost TV value for the BTN and Big Ten championship game, etc. Backfired hugely.
bigly

Yes.

I would much rather have an climbing Gophs team regularly beat a competitive Nebby than a red turd of a team.

I would much rather have an climbing Gophs team regularly beat a competitive Nebby than a red turd of a team.
No. Plenty of comp in this division with Wisc, Iowa, NW, Illinois, and Purdue. Those are actual, good academic schools that deserve to be competitive.

How can you say or prove it backfired. Do you know what the big ten TV deal would be with and without them. Of course you don’t, you just guess and state your opinions as if they are fact

How can you say or prove it backfired. Do you know what the big ten TV deal would be with and without them. Of course you don’t, you just guess and state your opinions as if they are fact
I’ve stated many, many times on here that unless I back something up with a source, then it’s just my wild speculation or opinion.

If I forget to or don’t feel like appending that notice to every single post, too bad.

Nebraska should still be in the Big XII. That always was the best place for them, and still is.

If they don’t leave, then West Virginia doesn’t need to join the Big XII (another silly move) and can instead join the ACC when Maryland leaves. Beter overall add than Louisville.

Nebraska should still be in the Big XII. That always was the best place for them, and still is.

If they don’t leave, then West Virginia doesn’t need to join the Big XII (another silly move) and can instead join the ACC when Maryland leaves. Beter overall add than Louisville.
If the Big XII was a proper division I think they would be, but they've always had this wonky mixed TV deal with Texas going their own way and other conflicts.

Nebraska wanted to be in a division of adults, so they got that. It might not be the best fit otherwise ... but they got the better division.

What the hell! You could have saved at least a little bit of hatred for the black and yellow team to our south.
I love beating Iowa but all hatred saved for the red team to the east.

If the Big XII was a proper division I think they would be, but they've always had this wonky mixed TV deal with Texas going their own way and other conflicts.

Nebraska wanted to be in a division of adults, so they got that. It might not be the best fit otherwise ... but they got the better division.
I've never argued that the move to the Big Ten didn't massively benefit Nebraska. Of course it did, both financially and academic reputation wise. Instant boost.

I'm arguing that the deal Delaney put forth -- we give you those things, and in turn you give us TV ratings that we can use to sell the BTN for higher carraige fees, sell bowl games and CFP on taking more Big Ten teams with a higher national football reputation, and also occasionally compete for a national title and beat the SEC in bowl games -- has gone largely unfulfilled by the corn dicks.

Laughably so. Disgracefully so.

They're takers. Not providers, right now.

I love beating Iowa but all hatred saved for the red team to the east.

Yep. I dislike Iowa but I think of it more like a friendly rivalry. I can even cheer for Iowa in a bowl game. The team to the east. Nope. It's hatred.

I've never argued that the move to the Big Ten didn't massively benefit Nebraska. Of course it did, both financially and academic reputation wise. Instant boost.

I'm arguing that the deal Delaney put forth -- we give you those things, and in turn you give us TV ratings that we can use to sell the BTN for higher carraige fees, sell bowl games and CFP on taking more Big Ten teams with a higher national football reputation, and also occasionally compete for a national title and beat the SEC in bowl games -- has gone largely unfulfilled by the corn dicks.

Laughably so. Disgracefully so.

They're takers. Not providers, right now.

I guess, but most huskers I know are well aware that they're not competitive at a high level ... because they suck, not because of their conference.

I guess, but most huskers I know are well aware that they're not competitive at a high level ... because they suck, not because of their conference.
You and they are underselling the impact that doing a 180 from the Big XII to the Big Ten has had on their program, in my opinion.

Completely different styles of play. The ability to recruit Texas much more easily with games in Austin and College Station, and probably some factor of “psyching out” their old Big 8 colleagues (except for OU of course).

You and they are underselling the impact that doing a 180 from the Big XII to the Big Ten has had on their program, in my opinion.

Completely different styles of play. The ability to recruit Texas much more easily with games in Austin and College Station, and probably some factor of “psyching out” their old Big 8 colleagues (except for OU of course).
I don't really buy into the conference determining crooting ability thing that much.

It's maybe a factor to some extent ....

But we seem to recruit Georgia pretty well... for no reason.

Coaches, their connections, and brand name impact crooting. Neb isn't picking up 4* Texas kids in the B12 easier than if they are elsewhere, not on any scale that matters IMO.

I don't really buy into the conference determining crooting ability thing that much.

It's maybe a factor to some extent ....

But we seem to recruit Georgia pretty well... for no reason.

Coaches, their connections, and brand name impact crooting. Neb isn't picking up 4* Texas kids in the B12 easier than if they are elsewhere, not on any scale that matters IMO.
You’re right about us and Georgia, no doubt.

It may not appear to the human eye, but it definitely has a (small) statistical bias, to be able to tell a Texas kid that his family can more easily watch at those road games than having to travel to Lincoln (which may not be an option for poor families). That’s my opinion.

Yep. I dislike Iowa but I think of it more like a friendly rivalry. I can even cheer for Iowa in a bowl game. The team to the east. Nope. It's hatred.
Same for me. Most Iowa fans I know are cool. Wisconsin fans are the worst.

Same for me. Most Iowa fans I know are cool. Wisconsin fans are the worst.

Yeah, Neb and Iowa fans tend to be pretty cool.

I had at least two drunk'n Nebraska fans walk up to me in Florida and one gave me a hug when he saw I was a Gopher fan and proceeded to talk to my family for like 30 minutes over dinner ;) They're hard people to dislike ;)

I certainly run into more negative type Wisconsin fans, although most are ok, but certianly there is a contrast between that group and everyone else in the B1G.

Louisville is a giant up grade for the ACC in basketball by miles and at least equal in football to WVU.
Have had great experiences with Nebraska fans. As a whole, very smart about football, travel really well. Not so much on basketball.

Last edited:

We've had this come up before...my experience going back to college days at the U are that traveling Iowa fans are the absolute worst, by a long shot. Never been to a game down there, so that might be different.

Been to almost every game in the past 25+ years of MN/WI football, they can be annoying at times but my interactions have been tame compared to traveling Iowa fans. Most have been normal with the usual cutting banter with WI fans. Might come down to WI fans ability to handle their liquor intake...Iowa fans, not so much.

I can't remember if it was 2013 or 2014, but I watched the Gophers play Nebraska in a bar in the middle of nowhere Colorado. The only people in the bar during the game were me, my girlfriend and an older couple decked out in Husker red and white. Since I'm a nervous wreck during Gophers games, I probably put down a few pitchers of beer, multiple shots of brown liquor and a pound of two of wingys.

I didn't really talk to the couple that much, just the occasional comment here and there across the bar. When the Gophers snuck out a victory, I was ecstatic and it was clear I wasn't expecting that outcome. On their way out, the couple congratulated me on the victory and paid for my whole bar tab

Louisville is a giant up grade for the ACC in basketball by miles and at least equal in football.
ACC didn’t need any upgrades and WV was still a solid Big East program. Far more history in football. Louisville has a run in the 2000’s. Overall lower quality add than WV would’ve been. Especially rivalries with the Virginia’s and huge one with Pitt.

We've had this come up before...my experience going back to college days at the U are that traveling Iowa fans are the absolute worst, by a long shot. Never been to a game down there, so that might be different.

Been to almost every game in the past 25+ years of MN/WI football, they can be annoying at times but my interactions have been tame compared to traveling Iowa fans. Most have been normal with the usual cutting banter with WI fans. Might come down to WI fans ability to handle their liquor intake...Iowa fans, not so much.

It's odd because I have some friends with the exact same opinion as yours on this. My opinion has always been the exact opposite.

Yeah, Neb and Iowa fans tend to be pretty cool.

I had at least two drunk'n Nebraska fans walk up to me in Florida and one gave me a hug when he saw I was a Gopher fan and proceeded to talk to my family for like 30 minutes over dinner ;) They're hard people to dislike ;)

I certainly run into more negative type Wisconsin fans, although most are ok, but certianly there is a contrast between that group and everyone else in the B1G.
Agree on Nebby fans. We went to Oregon State game and stayed in Portland. Went to Deschutes taproom to grab some food and beers. Nebby was playing the Ducks that weekend. Lots of Gophs and Nebby fans. Gave up our bar seats to some Nebby fans when we got our table and they bought us a round. Nice.

Horrible experiences with traveling Iowa fans.

Top Bottom