JD Spielman. RTB?

And these were mental health issues not induced by playing for Scott Frost?
Health issues are not to be taken lightly. Who knows what it is in JD's case if any at all. People can be cruel in starting up false news that are totally untrue about people. I'd put this subject to rest.

Health issues are not to be taken lightly. Who knows what it is in JD's case if any at all. People can be cruel in starting up false news that are totally untrue about people. I'd put this subject to rest.
I was trying to find out if Spielman had announced it or if it was speculation. I guess I am not allowed to ask.

While not knowing where the winds of change will blow JD's sailboat and nor the circumstances that caused him to seek refuge elsewhere, PJ's Viking Ship is not waiting.

So we need to take stock on what the current roster will look like without JD.

Junior Rashod Bateman is the undisputed #1 WR, followed by by RS Junior CAB at #2.

R Senior Seth Green is a special designated multi-purpose player that will remain so in the coming season.

After that, logically R Junior Demetrious Douglas falls in place for a shot at #3. That is not a guarantee. There are three incoming Freshmen who will get a tryout: 4-Star Freshman Daniel Jackson is most prominent followed by Freshmen Douglas Emilien and Jonathan Mann.

If one of these three go gang buster in Fall ball, they will most likely get a nod. PJ Fleck wants to put the best players on the field. He will be in the lineup.

Then, there is the rest of the WR corps. Eight more roster players. Brown-Stephens is someone that I can think of taking a shot to climb up the ladder.

Anyone care to speculate how the WR Corps will shape up?

While not knowing where the winds of change will blow JD's sailboat and nor the circumstances that caused him to seek refuge elsewhere, PJ's Viking Ship is not waiting.

Junior Rashod Bateman is the undisputed #1 WR, followed by by RS Junior CAB at #2.

R Senior Seth Green is a special designated multi-purpose player that will remain so in the coming season.

After that, logically R Junior Demetrious Douglas falls in place for a shot at #3. That is not a guarantee. There are three incoming Freshmen who will get a tryout: 4-Star Freshman Daniel Jackson is most prominent followed by Freshmen Douglas Emilien and Jonathan Mann.

If one of these three go gang buster in Fall ball, they will most likely get a nod. PJ Fleck wants to put the best players on the field. He will be in the lineup.

Then, there is the rest of the WR corps. Eight more roster players. Brown-Stephens is someone that I can think of taking a shot to climb up the ladder.

Based on what has been proven on the field, we actually lack depth at WR. A transfer might not be a bad idea, at this point.

Based on what has been proven on the field, we actually lack depth at WR. A transfer might not be a bad idea, at this point.

Tyler Johnson's experience and stats are a big loss. He made it difficult to zero in on Rashod Bateman. PJ had confidence in Bateman as a true Freshman. There will be another heir apparent who will emerge.

I can see where JD's experience in the slot will be welcomed.

Last edited:

I feel good about where we're at at Wideout. Like you said Bateman and CAB. I see Demetrius being that #3 and being effective. I like Jackson in that 4th spot and playing in some 3 wide-sets. I wouldn't be surprised to see somebody else win that 4th spot and challenge DD (Brown-Stephens most likely). That spot should be a competitive one going into the year.

I'd think we'll see some greater usage from Paulson and Spann-Ford catching passes. Maybe see Potts used as a RB/WR. We've got options and I like 'em.

I could be totally wrong. Whoevers on the field is good with me as long as we put points on the board.

I think it’ll be
1) Bateman
2) CAB
3) Emilien/Douglas
4/Jackson/Brown-Stephens

and then a rotation of the other guys for some games, maybe some special teams involvement. Kick return and punt return.

I think what’ll be most interesting is if Emilien or Jackson crack the top 3. From what I’ve heard about Emilien, he’s solid. For some reason I’m just not confident Douglas takes 3rd spot, and if he does I feel it’s only because he has more experience

I think it’ll be
1) Bateman
2) CAB
3) Emilien/Douglas
4/Jackson/Brown-Stephens

and then a rotation of the other guys for some games, maybe some special teams involvement. Kick return and punt return.

I think what’ll be most interesting is if Emilien or Jackson crack the top 3. From what I’ve heard about Emilien, he’s solid. For some reason I’m just not confident Douglas takes 3rd spot, and if he does I feel it’s only because he has more experience
Lotta hype on Emilien. I hope it's true and he can step right in there

I won’t claim to know how it will shake out, but I’m curious why there’s so much hype on Emilian over Jackson? Maybe I’m missing something. That’s not even a knock on Emilian. Jackson is a human highlight reel. I know Burns is higher on Emilian. Is that where it’s coming from?

I think it’ll be
1) Bateman
2) CAB
3) Emilien/Douglas
4/Jackson/Brown-Stephens

If Emilien or Jackson overtake Douglas, it just mean we have a much more competitive WR Room.

Sunday scrimmages are real important for the development and conditioning of the next guys in line. They will be locked and loaded when the next man up is called upon.

As noted earlier, TEs are going to be more involved in pass catching under Sanford. It will be an interesting wrinkle into the air offense.

Speaking of Emilian, I think this is him running a route against Jalen Glaze.

Speaking of Emilian, I think this is him running a route against Jalen Glaze.

Honestly not a horrible route, a little head fake to the outside before he cut in could have sealed the deal but just really good coverage. Love to see the competition starting!

What did we decide about Seth Green RE: 2017?

Honestly not a horrible route, a little head fake to the outside before he cut in could have sealed the deal but just really good coverage. Love to see the competition starting!

As soon as Glaze committed to the outside, Emilian should have gone inside, but he’ll learn! Good coverage though. I like what I see from Glaze in his highlights, and he has a chip on his shoulder.

#2Gopher is very fragile
No not at all. You're one of those white supremacists whom I don't respect. Base on the number of ridiculous posts you have made you're clearly an angry person who attempts to take it out on others. We just look at you in disbelief that people like you do actually exist.

And these were mental health issues not induced by playing for Scott Frost?
Who knows? I am too lazy to go looking for it, but I'm pretty certain some kind of announcement was made that he left Nebraska to return home for mental health reasons. And did not complete coursework this spring semester towards his degree progress. Maybe it was only a Tweet/hearsay type of thing, but I thought it was more formal than that.

Who knows? I am too lazy to go looking for it, but I'm pretty certain some kind of announcement was made that he left Nebraska to return home for mental health reasons. And did not complete coursework this spring semester towards his degree progress. Maybe it was only a Tweet/hearsay type of thing, but I thought it was more formal than that.
If I remember right Spielman and the team put out a joint statement stating he was leaving "temporarily" to work on mental health issues. But yes, it was publicly announced, not just speculation.

Report: JD hasn't been at Potbelly for a few days now ... he should go get a malt.

No not at all. You're one of those white supremacists whom I don't respect. Base on the number of ridiculous posts you have made you're clearly an angry person who attempts to take it out on others. We just look at you in disbelief that people like you do actually exist.
I’m not a white supremacist at all actually. Keep trying

If I remember right Spielman and the team put out a joint statement stating he was leaving "temporarily" to work on mental health issues. But yes, it was publicly announced, not just speculation.

That is because they don't want him to say he was suffering from Frost Bite. Did the way that they were utilizing him made him feel run down and hurt quite a bit?

Looking like a real possible landing spot for JD is at TCU. They have been in contact with Nebraska about him.

Is it entirely possible JD does not want to play against his former team Nebraska if he becomes a Gopher?

Top Bottom