JD Spielman. RTB?

Your obsessive hatred for Nebraska is....hard to understand. Sure, I'd love Nebraska to suck as much as the next guy but I will save all my hatred for the red team to our east.

Yea...its super weird.

Nebraska was an awesome addition to the Big Ten.

I can't remember if it was 2013 or 2014, but I watched the Gophers play Nebraska in a bar in the middle of nowhere Colorado. The only people in the bar during the game were me, my girlfriend and an older couple decked out in Husker red and white. Since I'm a nervous wreck during Gophers games, I probably put down a few pitchers of beer, multiple shots of brown liquor and a pound of two of wingys.

I didn't really talk to the couple that much, just the occasional comment here and there across the bar. When the Gophers snuck out a victory, I was ecstatic and it was clear I wasn't expecting that outcome. On their way out, the couple congratulated me on the victory and paid for my whole bar tab

Nice story, and not even that shocking!

Husker fans LOVE buying beers for people. I went to the Gopher games in Lincoln in 2012, 2016, and 2018...nicest fan base, hands down.

Nice story, and not even that shocking!

Husker fans LOVE buying beers for people. I went to the Gopher games in Lincoln in 2012, 2016, and 2018...nicest fan base, hands down.

They are shocked/thrilled to have visitors. Who goes to Nebraska except for family reunions?

I have a buddy whose son just graduated from TCU. He says Spielman will be, at best, their third receiver who operates from the slot. He says there are at least two other receivers who are faster and better athletes than Spielman.

Yea...its super weird.

Nebraska was an awesome addition to the Big Ten.
They have a great women's volleyball team, no doubt.

But they haven't contributed jack s__t in bball ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nebraska_Cornhuskers_men's_basketball_seasons ) and only contributed "pretty good" 2011-2014 seasons in football ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nebraska_Cornhuskers_football_seasons ). The last 4 out of 5 seasons in football have been pathetic.

We looked past their academic warts, because we were promised an Ohio State level football program. That was a lie. And it was Delaney's biggest mistake, and a red mark on his legacy.

I have a buddy whose son just graduated from TCU. He says Spielman will be, at best, their third receiver who operates from the slot. He says there are at least two other receivers who are faster and better athletes than Spielman.
Faster and better athlete doesn't say anything about catching the ball, getting open, and having football smarts about what the defense is doing and/or what your defender is doing/his weaknesses.

They have a great women's volleyball team, no doubt.

But they haven't contributed jack s__t in bball ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nebraska_Cornhuskers_men's_basketball_seasons ) and only contributed "pretty good" 2011-2014 seasons in football ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nebraska_Cornhuskers_football_seasons ). The last 4 out of 5 seasons in football have been pathetic.

We looked past their academic warts, because we were promised an Ohio State level football program. That was a lie. And it was Delaney's biggest mistake, and a red mark on his legacy.
I’m curious what university you attended and what degrees you have obtained? Always curious of those who bring up academics in regards to sports.

Faster and better athlete doesn't say anything about catching the ball, getting open, and having football smarts about what the defense is doing and/or what your defender is doing/his weaknesses.
Just sharing the observation of a person who has watched the last four years of Horn Frog football.

Nebraska finds its replacement for JDS in a Michigan/Iowa castoff. That should be equivalent, right?

https://247sports.com/college/iowa/...igan-Wolverines-Big-Ten-Conference-150527645/

After entering the NCAA Transfer Portal earlier this month, former Michigan and Iowa wide receiver Oliver Martin has found his new home. 247Sports can confirm that Martin will be headed to Lincoln to be a Nebraska Cornhusker. Nebraska doesn't have any open scholarships, so Martin will be a walk-on and have two seasons of eligibility remaining. On Thursday night, Martin was listed in the official Nebraska student directory.

Martin initially signed with Michigan. Martin redshirted his first year in Ann Arbor, and then played his second season totaling 12 receptions for 125 yards and a touchdown. Martin finished his only season as a Hawkeye with five receptions for 28 yards and a touchdown. All five receptions came in the first four games of the season. Martin appeared in eight games in the Black and Gold, but saw limited snaps.

Love it. Nebraska will soon get to experience the same locker room cancer that Mch. and Iowa experienced.

It's very interesting - Oliver Martin was a highly touted receiver from right there in Iowa City. Hawkeye fans were crushed when he went to Ann Arbor, where it seemed like he was on track to make an impact.

They were understandably elated when he transferred to Iowa and inexplicably got a waiver to play immediately. Then they were bewildered when he sank lower and lower on the depth chart. There were rumors he just didn't jive with the team and didn't work particularly hard.

Now his departure seems to have been met with a collective yawn.

Top Bottom