Hey! Look at who is back in the transfer portal and who else just entered it

I’m super glad coach Johnson mentioned the need to recruit better shooters. In my view, that was Pitino’s greatest downfall. This year we had one of the greatest collections of shooting guards and wings who can’t shoot I have ever seen. It is like playing football with a team of receivers who can’t catch. Or pitchers who can’t throw strikes. Or hockey players who can’t skate. Funny thing with basketball: someone actually has to put the round thing into the peach basket. We couldn’t. I’m really tired of all the talk about athletes and incredible leapers and on-ball defenders and bla bla bla. Can they shoot the stinking basketball?? If not, don’t recruit them anymore. I’ll take a bunch of slow fat guys with sweet jump shots. We would still lose, but wouldn’t it be amazing to see the nets “swoosh” once in a while?

Well, if you countered that with some argument, I might be persuaded but since all you said is "Horrible Take," I'll reciprocate in kind:

Inarticulate dumb shit!
You can't back up anything you said. Gabe is great locker room guy who will put the team before himself 10 times out of 10. He has great effort on defense and is one of the best guard defenders in the BIG. Your talking shit about a college kids character and you don't even know him, your a bum

They do - the Beavers! My wife went there for grad school and I talked to the coach about taking some classes and suiting up for them...didn't happen. But they were baaaad. I'm talking 310 game losing streak in their conference bad.
Wow. That is.... wow. And people think it can’t get worse. Some great lines in that article:
Caltech posted its first conference victory in more than 26 years Tuesday
Caltech ends the season at 5-20 overall, its best season since 1994-95
“Tonight's win is a testament to the hard work each member of this team, the alumni and the supporters have put into this program. I hope that everyone who has participated in Caltech men's basketball is able to celebrate a little bit tonight," said Coach Oliver Eslinger on the school's website. "We still have goals and aspirations that we want to accomplish as a program and this win is another step toward meeting these objectives."
And that picture... you’d think they just won the conference championship! It actually looks like some of the fans are about to storm the court! Amazing.
1616731995328.png

Maybe I'm just showing my mid-30s age but I just despise the amount of transfers there are each year.

Its good for the players, or at least it appears so. But it isn't good for the game. Remember this site is full of diehards. People that will follow the Gopher regardless of how the dynamics of college sports change. But the same cannot be said of the average fan. People love to follow the players through their careers. They grow attached to them. Even the bench guys who fight through their careers. It's a big part of the reason why many choose college athletics over pro sports as their recreation of choice.

The diehards will respond angrily that any attempt to stop this momentum is restricting player rights, but the truth is attendance on all college sports is waning. This is not the only reason, but it is one of them. Everyone of these changes weighs the interests of the schools and the players, but what is good for the fans has been all but ignored. Unfortunately, the one group that is essential to the system as we know it is the fans. And they are leaving.

Wow. That is.... wow. And people think it can’t get worse. Some great lines in that article:

And that picture... you’d think they just won the conference championship! It actually looks like some of the fans are about to storm the court! Amazing.
View attachment 12244
Another fun anecdote that helps explain their misery: they used to brag they had more players who were HS valedictorians than varsity HS basketball players. Incredible stat!

Gabe is great locker room guy...Your talking shit about a college kids character and you don't even know him, your a bum

Can you back that statement up about him being a great locker room guy? He seems fairly quiet and aloof to me on the court and on the bench. Yeah, I don't know him and I'm guessing you don't either. If you feel you need to love every player who puts on a Gopher uniform, knock yourself out. I'm not the sentimental type.

Can you back that statement up about him being a great locker room guy? He seems fairly quiet and aloof to me on the court and on the bench. Yeah, I don't know him and I'm guessing you don't either. If you feel you need to love every player who puts on a Gopher uniform, knock yourself out. I'm not the sentimental type.
Pitino or players (or both) this season were making comments about his leadership once Gabe got hurt. He may not be very vocal, but word is that he's a tireless worker. Lead by example kind of guy I'm thinking.

Pitino or players (or both) this season were making comments about his leadership once Gabe got hurt. He may not be very vocal, but word is that he's a tireless worker. Lead by example kind of guy I'm thinking.

OK, I can believe that and, of course, his defensive prowess is well documented. I contrasted him with Austin Hollins, who I observed as a natural team leader. He was often pulling the guys together in a huddle and talking to his teammates. Of course, he also led by example. When Pitino was asked after his first season who was the hardest worker on the team, he replied: "Austin Hollins. Easy pick!"

OK, I can believe that and, of course, his defensive prowess is well documented. I contrasted him with Austin Hollins, who I observed as a natural team leader. He was often pulling the guys together in a huddle and talking to his teammates. Of course, he also led by example. When Pitino was asked after his first season who was the hardest worker on the team, he replied: "Austin Hollins. Easy pick!"
Carr was supposed be the vocal leader on the team this year, oops.

Maybe something to do with why Madsen brothers are in portal
Did Gabe get hurt last year? Saw Mason played quite a bit and he only played 2 games. Mason actually had a pretty solid looking stat line, would love for us to get on these 2

EDIT: Also we really need ball handlers so not sure I should really say love to get these two

Did Gabe get hurt last year? Saw Mason played quite a bit and he only played 2 games. Mason actually had a pretty solid looking stat line, would love for us to get on these 2

EDIT: Also we really need ball handlers so not sure I should really say love to get these two
Yeah I believe Gabe was limited by injury. Pitino has contacted Mason in regard to transferring to NM.

Gabe got hurt then opted out

Gotta admit, the massive turnover and transfers makes me lose a little interest in CBB. I guess it is great for the players to be able to move around as they please, but doesn't mean that it is good for the game or fans.
They don't move around (or if they do they're done) once the season starts. If the transferring really bothers you, then ignore CBB in the off-season, let the chips fall where they may, and then pick it back up right before the season starts.

i have connections to him so i can 100% back up this statement

Top Bottom