Hey! Look at who is back in the transfer portal and who else just entered it

Drake's guard Joseph Yesufu entering portal. Averaged 12.8 ppg and 23.2 as a starter. Could go anywhere he wants. Would be a huge get for Minnesota.

Prior Lake's Robert Jones leaves Denver for Iowa State

A lot of names linked to the gophers now but I'm in agreement with a few others here. We shouldn't stack our team with guys who can only contribute one year. Save room for 3 or 4 in the 2022 class but recruiting a full team two years in a row will be a tough task.

.... huh?

Started for a national title contender, as a freshman, and averaged 25mins a game. From Peoria.

Someone explain this one.
Originally committed when they thought Ayo would stay in the draft. Wants to be point guard to increase his pro prospects, unlikely as Curbelo will be starting PG going forward. Still a surprise, not a great ball handler, would fair better at trying to by a 3 and D wing yet only 6'3".

Drake's guard Joseph Yesufu entering portal. Averaged 12.8 ppg and 23.2 as a starter. Could go anywhere he wants. Would be a huge get for Minnesota.

Prior Lake's Robert Jones leaves Denver for Iowa State
You know, speaking of players from Prior Lake, I haven't heard this guy's name mentioned but he wasn't bad at all for a freshman.

Tyree Ihenacho

There were only 2 freshman guards in the country last season who averaged more than 30 minutes a game, more than 8 points per game, more than 5 rebounds per game, and more than 4 assists per game. This guy was one of them and the other was from St. Joseph's in Philly. He also averaged 1.6 steals per game.

Last edited:

Yep, lots of people surprised by that info.
Seriously. I don’t understand it: he wanted to come here, he played at Hopkins, he averaged 16ppg for a Division 1 program and you’d think MN is a little higher profile than RI. We have how many guards on the roster for next year right now? 0?

Who is Ben Johnson waiting for?!

Seriously. I don’t understand it: he wanted to come here, he played at Hopkins, he averaged 16ppg for a Division 1 program and you’d think MN is a little higher profile than RI. We have how many guards on the roster for next year right now? 0?

Actually, 1, as Gach is still on the roster at this point.

I don't get it but maybe Johnson has another player with strong interest that he likes better (we have heard about the kid from Lafayette) and wants to make a show of good faith by not taking another point or combo guard right away. The Lafayette kid does have somewhat stronger numbers than Ish. I suspect the Lafayette kid is a smart kid. That's an elite school. I suspect even athletes who go there are pretty bright.

I wondered why Ish was never offered here coming out of HS; he was rated a 3 star. Maybe Johnson just doesn't want to recruit someone he passed over once.

There has to be a total fit for it to happen. Maybe El-Amin comes with some baggage? He has a pretty powerful dad, maybe that's an issue? Who knows, there are only 13 scholarships avail on a basketball team.

Ish is pretty small, could be Isaiah Washington 2.0. Look at the numbers Washington puts up at Long beach state.

Davion Buster now in the portal, another quality pg, undersized, but he can shoot.

This is gonna be a really difficult get but wow I'd be impressed.
The rare better 3P (41.8%) than 2P (39.3%) shooter last year. Shot the three pointer 32% his sophomore year, 45% his freshman year. Sign him up!

I just read on Kare11 that he wanted to come here but was never offered. I’m kind of surprised

If this is true, serious question. What kind of influence (if any) does his dad have on local AAU circuit. I'm wondering if this info could be felt as a negative within those circles.

Top Bottom