Gophers Football 2015 Spring Game Recap Thread

The offensive line is very underwhelming athletically, edge rushers are going to give them fits. Rodrick is a west coast offense fullback. The Defense and special teams will have to play lights out or TCU will be a bliowout

Do we know if there were any recruits in attendance?

A friend who I went to the game with who has a paid rivals subscription said there was one, but I'm not sure how much I can share, very highly rated though, top 50 nationally.

The offensive line is very underwhelming athletically, edge rushers are going to give them fits. Rodrick is a west coast offense fullback. The Defense and special teams will have to play lights out or TCU will be a bliowout

Not happy with what you saw, huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol

If only they were like the BADgers OL? LOL! Blowout? You mean like 59-0? LOL! How's the weather in Milwaukee?

Gophers Sping Game on BTN now?

We did the autograph session after the game for the first time today (this is our 4th spring game) and my kids loved it. The players were very accessible and very friendly, polite, and well spoken. What a cool event. We even got to meet Sid Hartman (what could be better?).

to be fair, no one gave Anthony a program. So how was he supposed to say who made the tackle. And the sideline conversations with the Alumni Director were more important than a stupid 56 yard fg that would have been 70 if it had started out farther back. So, get your priorities straight. BTN did a great job. Oh, and the camera work on the pass to Smith was stellar.

It's Stevelar..:rolleyes:

Alex Keith and Jacob Hirsch also made some nice plays today...

Alex Keith and Jacob Hirsch also made some nice plays today...

I thought AK9 looked very good. I'm so excited about our defense. I'm not worried about DL or LB anymore.

Alex Keith looks like he could play DT if needed.
Kill said they were trying new things and apologized to the TE's for not getting many snaps due to not wanting to show anything in their "12" package.
WR's when open dropped balls and Jeff Jones looked like the best WR.
Defense is going to be really good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How did our resident fire hydrant look?

Best player on the field today imo. Had back to back plays where he beat his man with what looked like a flick of the wrist. Consistently in the backfield.

At 6'5" Michael Conway makes for a nice target at WR. Connor Rhoda looks like a serviceable back up QB. Neither probably takes the field this season but worth noting.

Do you ever take a break?

Offensive line will be fine, and you are a drunken sconnie wife-beating ******.

Comments unrelated to douchy Wisconsin troll:

My buddy that played at N Iowa thought the o-line looked great. He is not from MN and usually likes to take shots at the gophs but he left today and said "I gotta admit, they look legit". And he has always hated their online play, he thought they looked fabulous (for spring when D knows everything they're doing).

How many people were there? That video of nuggets touchdown made it look like a huge crowd for spring game. How did Rodney Smith look? In the practices he reminded me so much of Cobb, I'm really excited for him.

EDIT: Sorry just saw the post stating 10,100 people estimated to be there! AWESOME!

I love Jon Christenson. Hope he makes an impact.

That Kirsch kid has spunk. Hope there are some garbage TDs for him this year.

Secondary is fantastic. If the starters were McGhee, Rogers, James and Myrick, they'd be in fine shape.

I love Jon Christenson. Hope he makes an impact.

That Kirsch kid has spunk. Hope there are some garbage TDs for him this year.

Secondary is fantastic. If the starters were McGhee, Rogers, James and Myrick, they'd be in fine shape.

Underrated point. Myrick-James-Rogers-McGhee played pretty much the entire game. Great to get them so many snaps against the 1st and 2nd teams.

Really excited to see this defense in action. Celestin looks like he is going to be fricken AWESOME.

Top Bottom