Gophers Football 2015 Spring Game Recap Thread

Do we know if there were any recruits in attendance?
Yes there were some there some have been mentioned in the 2016 recruiting thread already. Some that I can think of off the top of my head TE Albert Okwuegbunam, DB Nigel Warrior, QB Max Bortenschlager, and WR Bailey Edwards(Berkley's Brother),

Nice crowd yesterday, really fun and most came early and stayed until the end!
Didn't see much of a drop off between 1s and 2s on O and D in all of the spring practices.When could we say that?
We will miss Maxx and don't know who is even close at TE? Ideas? Need to work on passing as it is...we can't drop passes. But one interception? One fumble? and O is playing against a good D!
Nugget is amazing and to me doesn't look all that much smaller, beast mode.... got to stay healthy, but Smith will be fun to watch develop, better not miss him on a tackle, he gets up field quick.
Our D likes to hit, too many to mention
And we have a fun bunch of freshmen to watch this fall...Go Gophers!
Saw Cobb and Wilson, yesterday... supporting the team
faux1faux won't be missed and I hope abandonedinCA follows

The offensive line is very underwhelming athletically, edge rushers are going to give them fits. Rodrick is a west coast offense fullback. The Defense and special teams will have to play lights out or TCU will be a bliowout

Really? You are the dumbest Wisconsin scout ever! It is the spring game and Kill is not going to show anything in this game. Now go back and study statistics so you don't say any more dumb things here.:rolleyes:

Previous thread...
Leidner Shows Signs of Improvement.
5 of 11, 53 yds.
Uh huh.

There was a softball game 1:00 PM. Next year, if there is another home baseball or softball game on the same day as the Spring Game, perhaps the baseball or softball game could be moved back. That way they it could be part of the Spring Game festivities, take in a ball game and then wander over for the Spring Game...

Nugget was a horse. He hit the holes strong and was hard to tackle. The video of his touchdown didn't show how many people he carried on his back into the endzone. He was assume. Unfortunately, Mitch did not throw the ball well. Strevler (sp?) #5 got a lot of playing time and the threw the ball well. I had to laugh because in the pre- game passing drills he tucked the ball and ran...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nugget was a horse. He hit the holes strong and was hard to tackle. The video of his touchdown didn't show how many people he carried on his back into the endzone. He was assume. Unfortunately, Mitch did not throw the ball well. Strevler (sp?) #5 got a lot of playing time and the threw the ball well. I had to laugh because in the pre- game passing drills he tucked the ball and ran...lol.

Don't worry about how to spell his name - just go with CS5. [emoji1]

Finally we get a break and it sounds like a permanent one!:clap:

I always love totalitarian facists that would rather censor someone than read an opinion that annoys them. Welcome to the Gopher Reich.

I always love totalitarian facists that would rather censor someone than read an opinion that annoys them. Welcome to the Gopher Reich.

You can be honest with us. What was your user name before you got banned?

At the Spring game 2015 how well did Leidner throw the ball? How were his down field passes that were > 20 yds?

I think it was still Mitch when he hit Maye down the left side (going to the open end). Beautiful throw with really nice touch. Put it on the sideline where only his guy could get it. I think Mitch looked much better this spring than last year. There will always be a couple of bad throws, and there were some drops, so don't read too much into the stats that were posted.

There was a softball game 1:00 PM. Next year, if there is another home baseball or softball game on the same day as the Spring Game, perhaps the baseball or softball game could be moved back. That way they it could be part of the Spring Game festivities, take in a ball game and then wander over for the Spring Game...

That was possible on Saturday. Softball played at 1. Game was over at 3:20. Football started at 3:30.

If you're going to break out your word of the day calendar and make lame attempts at condescension, you could at least make an effort and spell the word correctly.

I think it was still Mitch when he hit Maye down the left side (going to the open end). Beautiful throw with really nice touch. Put it on the sideline where only his guy could get it. I think Mitch looked much better this spring than last year. There will always be a couple of bad throws, and there were some drops, so don't read too much into the stats that were posted.

Hey, thanks for the info. Mitch and Maye have a good relationship and it shows on game day. I am hard on Mitch and its nice to hear he hit some good ones.

If you're going to break out your word of the day calendar and make lame attempts at condescension, you could at least make an effort and spell the word correctly.
Sorry for the misspell. But I get so mad when I see this kind of arrogant, flippant censorship on bulletin boards. This is still a free country. You don't have to agree with someone's opinion. You don't even have to like it. But when you allow small minds to start controlling what opinions can be voiced, then you are, by definition, becoming totalitarian. And as a person who reveres the First Amendment and our Bill of Rights, I react very strongly to such activities.
Now you may lobby to have me kicked off...

Sorry for the misspell. But I get so mad when I see this kind of arrogant, flippant censorship on bulletin boards. This is still a free country. You don't have to agree with someone's opinion. You don't even have to like it. But when you allow small minds to start controlling what opinions can be voiced, then you are, by definition, becoming totalitarian. And as a person who reveres the First Amendment and our Bill of Rights, I react very strongly to such activities.

The first amendment prevents the government from restricting your speech, but it doesn't guarantee anyone a soapbox. Gopherhole is private, so the first amendment doesn't apply. If you're an ass, you'll be shown the door. You're free speech is still intact, nothing prevents you from starting your own blog, where you can have whatever rules you like. You're entitled to your own soap box, but not someone else's soap box.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

And as a person who reveres the First Amendment and our Bill of Rights, I react very strongly to such activities.

you may revere the First Amendment, but you clearly have no clue what said Amendment protects. i have never seen someone so passionate about something like this that they are so clueless about.

There's a difference between stating an opinion and being a troll.

you may revere the First Amendment, but you clearly have no clue what said Amendment protects. i have never seen someone so passionate about something like this that they are so clueless about.
Come on, be fair. Let's be honest...
You've seen other people on other sites who are just as passionate about something they know nothing about. This is the internet after all. :)

And thanks to RodentRampage who said what I wanted to say but in a much better way.

If you're an ass, you'll be shown the door. You're free speech is still intact

Thanks for making my point. I guess you're the arbiter of who an ass is huh? And you'll tell us what free speech is allowed and what is not. Go back to watching your approved Die Deutsch Wochenshau.

Thanks for making my point. I guess you're the arbiter of who an ass is huh? And you'll tell us what free speech is allowed and what is not. Go back to watching your approved Die Deutsch Wochenshau.

Uhm...Individual posters can't ban users. The moderators of this forum make that decision.

And I'm feeling that your recent actions might help them make a decision on you soon.

There is no freedom of speech here. You agreed to abide by certain conditions when you registered for an account. Can I stand on your lawn and insult you and every member of your family?

No, I am not. Gopherhole doesn't belong to me. Like you, I am a guest here. There are rules and I either follow them or go elsewhere. If I was in your living room shouting, you would be well within your rights to show me to the door. I, in turn, would be free to practice my freedom of speech elsewhere.

I don't have a column in the newspaper, nor do I have a program on a TV or radio station. Are they violating my free speech rights? Of course not. I don't own the station - just like I don't own Gopherhole.

Top Bottom