Gophers Football 2015 Spring Game Recap Thread

Wow, first time seeing Rodney Smith... I like.

Kaler was about to call our practice facility "pretty ****ty" before pulling back and saying that they need work. lol.

I didn't turn it on to listen to an almni speach. WTF

I like some of the quick passes - gives the O a little more rhythm in the hurry-up - have to clean up the execution.

Definitely a fan of Rodney Smith. He's quick laterally and finishes well for a guy his size.

What a bunch of BS. Mostly a bunch of meaningless interviews with actual scrimmage in PIP. Everyone on the team is named MINNESOTA. Ridiculous.

Oh cute, clips of Leidner from 2011 on his laptop. Just what I tuned in for.

Steve Richardson against the 2nd team O isn't fair.

Do we know if there were any recruits in attendance?

Steve Richardson is going to be a buzz saw through the B1G schedule. We have DL again. For real.

A year of the system, weight training, diet, and a year more mature.

Anybody have any info on the injury to Pirsig? I saw him limp off the field and left before the scrimmage ended so I didn't see him come back on.

I like that Rodney Smith fellow. Is it me or has Streveler improved his throwing motion? He threw some pretty good balls today. Gant had a tough time catching the ball though.

Not really going out on a limb here, but our defense will be very good.

Anybody have any info on the injury to Pirsig? I saw him limp off the field and left before the scrimmage ended so I didn't see him come back on.

I saw him after the game and he didn't appear to be too concerned. He was talking and joking around with a few fans or family members down on the field.

Boys, I wouldn't put to much thought in the Spring game. It is really a controlled scrimmage. No tackling of the QB etc. There will probably be no kickoffs or punt returns. The only way we will be able to gage #7 performance is when he straps it on against TCU. I think the key today is how much the wide receivers get in separation against the best pass defense in the B1G. Another area to watch is the LB play. Will Pooch be an adequate replacement for Wilson? I'm excited to see what JJ brings and the running of RS and BE. Also want to see how Streveler performs even in a controlled scrimmage.
Let's not be throwing Mitch under the bus under these conditions.

Top notch post Ruppert.

Are the temporary bleachers coming back before the season or are they gone this year?

As for the game, really impressed with the defense. Backup QBs looked decent; albeit, didn't see as much time against the first team defense. I'm not sure if the defense is that good or whether we are going to miss Williams and Cobb more than we thought. I was happy to see our reserve QBs look rather productive. Nice field goal by Santoso too.

I came late at the last minute.

Who've impressed me today: Rodney Smith, Streveler, Noah Scarver, Santoso with the 66-67 yarder, JJ, Richardson, Tyler Moore (I don't think they'll red shirt him), Stelter, KJ May, one of the Huff brothers sure can hit.

There are others I am sure. Streveler has wheels, had a 64 yard scamper into the end zone. You can't sleep on him.

The wide receivers for the most part don't look as polished at this juncture.

BTN basically acting like its a foregone conclusion that Jeff Jones will play WR.

Might be. When Kill was asked about replacing Cobb he mentioned Williams, Smith, and Berkeley - but not JJ. He looks good at WR as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Our defense will be really good. Hard to judge the offense due to them going up against our defense. Lots of drops by WRs. Leidner had some spurts of looking good. Steven Richardson has a chance to be all big 10, he's absolutely dominant. Craig James or Myrick could both play in nickel and do really well.

I'm excited for the season to start. Wish we had a game before the TCU game, it will be tough for the younger guys to come out and play well against a top 5 team.

BTN is the the biggest group of incompetent thumb-suckers television has ever seen.

to be fair, no one gave Anthony a program. So how was he supposed to say who made the tackle. And the sideline conversations with the Alumni Director were more important than a stupid 56 yard fg that would have been 70 if it had started out farther back. So, get your priorities straight. BTN did a great job. Oh, and the camera work on the pass to Smith was stellar.

Williams TD on the first drive:

Nugget was probably game MVP imo. We didn't see that much of him as he sat early, but what I saw was pretty dominant. Right down their throats and then this bruising TD as an exclamation mark.

to be fair, no one gave Anthony a program. So how was he supposed to say who made the tackle. And the sideline conversations with the Alumni Director were more important than a stupid 56 yard fg that would have been 70 if it had started out farther back. So, get your priorities straight. BTN did a great job. Oh, and the camera work on the pass to Smith was stellar.

Loved the replay of that catch by Smith.

Top Bottom