Gophers among favorites to land 4-star 2023 center Dennis Evans

I saw a tweet that Evans also met Coyle and President Gabel. I'm sure Coyle won Evans over with his bubbly personality and public speaking prowess.

Seriously - I also saw a tweet from a guy who covers the Gophers and he said he heard from a trusted source that Evans' visit went very well.

Do visits ever go poorly? I mean....excluding the (alleged) 2015 football sexual assault recruiting visit....

My thoughts on this are that the visit has been going so well that they decided to extend it.

so RJ says visit was moved to tonight, but others say he was at the game with coaches on Saturday? Doesn’t seem both could be true ha.

I saw pictures of a tall guy wearing glasses at the FB game. Unless Ben Johnson was going around with some random 7'1" dude who wears glasses.

anyone subscribe to RJ's 247 site to see what update he was promoting?

Do visits ever go poorly? I mean....excluding the (alleged) 2015 football sexual assault recruiting visit....

My thoughts on this are that the visit has been going so well that they decided to extend it.
Official visits have a restricted time limit. If they stayed late it had to be on their own dime and there would be limitations on what they could do. Reads to me that it was suppose to be Th-sat but switched to Fri-Sun

I saw pictures of a tall guy wearing glasses at the FB game. Unless Ben Johnson was going around with some random 7'1" dude who wears glasses.

anyone subscribe to RJ's 247 site to see what update he was promoting?
He was here on Friday night through today. The change was he was going to be here on Thursday, but it didn't happen until Friday.

He was at the football game.

A lil' bit outside of the scope of the forum... In 2003, highly rated in-state football prospect Lydon Murtha, who was very religious, was taken to a strip club by some player hosts on an official visit to the U. of MN. He ended up at Nebraska.

There was the Alan Anderson jersey screw up under Monson. Don't remember the exact details but I think it revolved around Anderson being annoyed that they couldn't even get his jersey number right.

Getting nervous every second he doesn’t commit.

Getting nervous every second he doesn’t commit.
Kansas is supposedly out of the picture, so I’m no longer worried as much about getting a commitment soon.

Winter’s situation was different because after his visit was over he went back home to Madison, I mean Lakeville, and probably felt geographic pressure everyday. Evans is going home to California and won’t be surrounded by fans of TCU or Minnesota.

so if Kansas went another direction and Winter decided to commit to WI about the same time, is it possible Evans let both Kansas and MN know where he was leaning?

Kansas is supposedly out of the picture, so I’m no longer worried as much about getting a commitment soon.

Winter’s situation was different because after his visit was over he went back home to Madison, I mean Lakeville, and probably felt geographic pressure everyday. Evans is going home to California and won’t be surrounded by fans of TCU or Minnesota.
I'm pretty sure he could go to Dallas and not be surrounded by TCU fans. But there are $till rea$on$ he might choo$e TCU.

I'm pretty sure he could go to Dallas and not be surrounded by TCU fans. But there are $till rea$on$ he might choo$e TCU.
What if he likes tcu bettee? Is it automatically money related?

No. Are you claiming that there's no way he might get more $$ in NIL etc from TCU?
No. But you didn’t list reasons. Just dollar signs. Short sighted and will continuously be used as why guys don’t come here. No other options being considered allows the coaching staff excuses to not recruit or land guys.

Sure—some guys will chase the $$$ but not every single recruit is getting money elsewhere.

No. But you didn’t list reasons. Just dollar signs. Short sighted and will continuously be used as why guys don’t come here. No other options being considered allows the coaching staff excuses to not recruit or land guys.

Sure—some guys will chase the $$$ but not every single recruit is getting money elsewhere.
You're reading a bit too much into it.

What if he likes tcu bettee? Is it automatically money related?
He has the best relationship with MN coaches. We were on him first and been strong staying with him. TCU wins out it’ll be because of something other than that. In most cases the only positives TCU has is NIL, Climate, and maybe an argument for conference. Dixon is a good coach but has fallen from Grace.

He has the best relationship with MN coaches. We were on him first and been strong staying with him. TCU wins out it’ll be because of something other than that. In most cases the only positives TCU has is NIL, Climate, and maybe an argument for conference. Dixon is a good coach but has fallen from Grace.
hopefully MN has the advantage of asymmetric information thanks to henley. Dixson visited Evans 4 times in SoCal prior to Evans; tcu visit, so plenty of opportunity to develop a relationship.

Haven't heard the coaches making excuses for why they can't recruit or land guys. I think they're doing pretty well a year into this.

Haven't heard the coaches making excuses for why they can't recruit or land guys. I think they're doing pretty well a year into this.
I meant fans. Easy to say “well of course he didn’t come here—NIL was more at _____” then saying “man, maybe there are other factors as to why a kid didn’t choose Minnesota”

I meant fans. Easy to say “well of course he didn’t come here—NIL was more at _____” then saying “man, maybe there are other factors as to why a kid didn’t choose Minnesota”
We fans often allow ourselves to care too much about recruiting. Probably more than the coaches do. If I was making $10M...I really wouldn't care about the details.

Thanks for the clarification.

Top Bottom