Gophers among favorites to land 4-star 2023 center Dennis Evans

In true MN fashion, now that the football team embarrassed themselves and lost, should we assume everything else will go wrong and Evans doesn't commit here?
No, because that is not true MN fashion. It is seeing patterns where they don’t exist.

I assume he's a TCU commit and I'll get pleasantly surprised to be wrong.

Half of this board is trolls.
This is true. But honestly, Kansas FB has been a joke for basically it’s entire existence except for a few years in the Mangino era in the early 2000s, gotta give them a little shout out.

I saw a tweet that Evans also met Coyle and President Gabel. I'm sure Coyle won Evans over with his bubbly personality and public speaking prowess.

Seriously - I also saw a tweet from a guy who covers the Gophers and he said he heard from a trusted source that Evans' visit went very well.
No matter how uninteresting Coyle and Gabel were...probably still pretty impressive to the family, I would think? Can't happen very often, I wouldn't think? Between all the sports that's a lot of meets and greets. Hopefully, it sealed the deal!

No matter how uninteresting Coyle and Gabel were...probably still pretty impressive to the family, I would think? Can't happen very often, I wouldn't think? Between all the sports that's a lot of meets and greets. Hopefully, it sealed the deal!

Good post.

Ultimately, it’s either a sign of respect, desperation or maybe a smidge of both.

Last edited:

I saw a tweet that Evans also met Coyle and President Gabel. I'm sure Coyle won Evans over with his bubbly personality and public speaking prowess.

Seriously - I also saw a tweet from a guy who covers the Gophers and he said he heard from a trusted source that Evans' visit went very well.

Literally every official visit goes well.

Let’s hope he commits.

Go Gophers!!

Coyle try’s to meet with most official visitors in most sports I believe. Can’t speak for Gabel.

Is his KU visit next week and is that his last scheduled visit?

Shama chimes in:

Gophers’ basketball coach Ben Johnson and his staff are facing high expectations to gain a commitment from highly recruited 7-1 center Dennis Evans from Riverside, California. The Gophers are considered a favorite to land Evans. He visited Minnesota over the weekend and the skilled shot blocker is not only a top 40 recruit but shows NBA potential. Before Saturday’s football game Evans, accompanied by assistant coach Dave Thorson, walked on the stadium field and heard cheers from the student section.

Go Gophers!!

It doesn't sound like good news was publicly delivered. It's definitely good that Kansas appears to be out.

Any steam for the Gophers?

Top Bottom