Gophers among favorites to land 4-star 2023 center Dennis Evans

Facts meet history in this fan base with almost zero history of highly rated recruits choosing Minnesota after lengthy time between visits and decisions. Call us paranoid if you want, but that is also a fact in our history.

He’s clearly a different kind of recruit that highly rated which is in our favor, but history suggests we should worry until the deal is done. Especially since there’s little evidence of a back up plan if he chooses elsewhere.

Or...and I know this is controversial but...maybe just wait it out and see what happens? I know that totally goes against the "Minnesota is Where Fun Goes to Die" mentality of the local fanbases but it actually can be quite enjoyable.

Eh who am I kidding HE OBVIOUSLY HATES US!!!

1664992930786.png

Randy Quiad in Major League 2 is every Minnesota Fan ever!

He said he was uncertain when he would committ. Don’t like the sound of that. Could it be the he may wait for other offers to come his way?

Facts meet history in this fan base with almost zero history of highly rated recruits choosing Minnesota after lengthy time between visits and decisions. Call us paranoid if you want, but that is also a fact in our history.

He’s clearly a different kind of recruit that highly rated which is in our favor, but history suggests we should worry until the deal is done. Especially since there’s little evidence of a back up plan if he chooses elsewhere.
I believe we beat out TCU for Ihnen as well : )

He said he was uncertain when he would committ. Don’t like the sound of that. Could it be the he may wait for other offers to come his way?
A player like that will be able to go anywhere he wants in the spring. Will be super high demand. The upside is there is no publicly available data that suggests he is a guy chasing the limelight or the highest bidder.

Or...and I know this is controversial but...maybe just wait it out and see what happens? I know that totally goes against the "Minnesota is Where Fun Goes to Die" mentality of the local fanbases but it actually can be quite enjoyable.

Eh who am I kidding HE OBVIOUSLY HATES US!!!

View attachment 20980

Randy Quiad in Major League 2 is every Minnesota Fan ever!
I’m impatient and I lack confidence. I’m born to follow Minnesota sports.

Him and his coach both said he would decide between TCU and Minnesota. How is anyone creating conspiracies from that? The kid literally shooed away other schools a while back.

Him and his coach both said he would decide between TCU and Minnesota. How is anyone creating conspiracies from that? The kid literally shooed away other schools a while back.
Conspiracy? Hardly. Who knows what his current thoughts are Kids do change their minds.

I’m more saying he’s not viewed as highly. Did great last year and I think he is good. Just isn’t having the same success he had at Pitt and he’s gotten better support from TCU. There was a time when he was considered a future blueblood candidate.

With all due respect, it's not exactly fair to compare Pitt and TCU. Pitt had established basketball history in the Big East and has gone to the NCAA tournament 26 times. TCU was a lower-mid tier basketball program in the CUSA and MW and then moved to the Big 12 only because of football. Before Dixon got to TCU, they had been to three NCAA tournaments since 1971. Dixon made a bad program instantly competitive. Not the same success as Pitt, but a much harder school to bring to relevance.

Conspiracy? Hardly. Who knows what his current thoughts are Kids do change their minds.

You can read the article on Gopher Illustrated for free with his current thoughts are. Never once has another school but the final two been mentioned. I said "conspiracy" cause it appears you're making up a third option that has never been mentioned once by Dennis or his coach.

Wow! I literally live less than a mile from his school in Riverside, Ca.
I just randomly googled 'Minnesota Gophers Football' and saw the article of him choosing between Minnesota and TCU. Ima go to his games this year wearing all Gopher gear and help recruit him lol.

BTW, i am a 32 year old life long Gopher sports fan (my dad is from Minnesota and lives only 2-3 miles from me so we will both wear Minnesota gear to his games) one of my early core memories in my life was the little baby Gophs making the Final Four when I was 7, Also i was exactly 1 month old when we lost that close Elite 8 game that my dad still talks about.

Im going to to see the Gophs play in San Juan Capistrano in November. About 45 mins away from me.

Last edited:

I think Isaiah Whitehead was seriously considering us when Pitino first got hired. Also Jelly was ranked like 52 in his class which is close to 29 where Evans is.
Of course IWash “Jelly” was very over rated by the ratings services. His schtick was all about social media branding, not basketball. Evans seems like the opposite.

The sources in my own head have told me that we will know by the end of Friday; the word is, we are heavily favored, and unless something drastic happens between now and then, the young man si a Gopher. Heard it here first!

You can read the article on Gopher Illustrated for free with his current thoughts are. Never once has another school but the final two been mentioned. I said "conspiracy" cause it appears you're making up a third option that has never been mentioned once by Dennis or his coach.
The article wasn’t free when I looked recently.

Of course IWash “Jelly” was very over rated by the ratings services. His schtick was all about social media branding, not basketball. Evans seems like the opposite.
The guy was Mr. Basketball in NY so i don't think he was "over rated" at the time of recruitment. He obviously didn't pan out though.

a 17-year-old kid is pondering a life-changing decision.

how dare he not decide it according to our timetable!!!!!
And remember, just because he commits to the Gophers this week or next, doesn't mean he can't de-commit later on next spring. Let's face it, he's 17 after all. #FunToCreateMoreParanoiaAmongstTheParanoid #RuinedYourDayYet?

And remember, just because he commits to the Gophers this week or next, doesn't mean he can't de-commit later on next spring. Let's face it, he's 17 after all. #FunToCreateMoreParanoiaAmongstTheParanoid #RuinedYourDayYet?
If he commits, he will be signing in November and the deal is done.

Top Bottom