Gophers among favorites to land 4-star 2023 center Dennis Evans

I see Rivals has changed Kansas interest to cool
Hillcrest coach Wood tweets about Dennis often. His last tweet with a kansas reference was Aug 16. Since then its all MN and TCU

Board information says between the good guys and TCU. We need some good news soon. Dixon probably thinks he owes a payback from Ihnen choosing us over them.
Yeah but they got Emanuel Miller last year...

He took his TCU visit Sept 10. I guess there are two ways to look at it, ours got extended and soon after cut off KU. GOOD. OR He got here, didnt immediately know it was the spot and he was just making sure. BAD

Again sorry Ben for being "woeful" ha but my MN sports history tells me we will again be on the wrong end of this 50-50

He took his TCU visit Sept 10. I guess there are two ways to look at it, ours got extended and soon after cut off KU. GOOD. OR He got here, didnt immediately know it was the spot and he was just making sure. BAD

Again sorry Ben for being "woeful" ha but my MN sports history tells me we will again be on the wrong end of this 50-50
I thought he was coming. Now I think he's gone.

Just relax a bit, they have barely been home 48 hours. I'm guessing if they feel Minnesota is the best fit for Dennis, we will know by weeks end. It appears that this kid (just turned 17) is rather humble and not interested holding an "announcement party" on twitter or ESPN like so many other players. If we start reading about how excited he is to visit to Kansas for "Late Night in the Phog" with Shaquille O’Neal - hosting as DJ... plus raising the banner and receiving their rings... at that point I believe we may have a problem. My gut and it's decent size - tells me welcome to Minnesota kid!

Last edited:

evans doesnt appear to be into social media. if he's old school and called johnson and dixson with his decision, how would we know?

reading material while we wait:
Generally his high school coach would know and the coach is seemingly in touch with a lot of the recruiting guys who would be informed. When he makes a decision we'll know.

I'd say the fact that his visit is over and no news isn't a great sign...
Settle down everyone... Did TCU fans freak out when he didn't commit on his visit? Basketball players don't usually commit on their visits like football players. Chatman didn't commit to OSU for about a week after his visit there. There are no hidden indicators to get worried about. This young man is not going to make an emotional decision.

He isn't visiting Kansas.
Ben and staff will speak to him again in the next couple days.
Any commitment - to us or TCU - is very unlikely to take place this week.

Settle down everyone... Did TCU fans freak out when he didn't commit on his visit? Basketball players don't usually commit on their visits like football players. Chatman didn't commit to OSU for about a week after his visit there. There are no hidden indicators to get worried about. This young man is not going to make an emotional decision.
Also, he seems like a different kind of kid (good thing). Doesn't have social media, I remember hearing a quote that he wasn't necessarily looking for early playing time/bright lights...I'm not at all concerned that he's taking a while to weigh his options and make an unemotional decision.

Where would you get that from? He took them to the tourney last year. Plus TCU is his alma mater.
I’m more saying he’s not viewed as highly. Did great last year and I think he is good. Just isn’t having the same success he had at Pitt and he’s gotten better support from TCU. There was a time when he was considered a future blueblood candidate.

How dare you bring relevant facts into this!!!

But the facts are pretty clear:

It's been days since he left a Gopher visit without committing to them - that means he's not interested in us

Its been weeks since he left a TCU visit without committing to them - that means he's very interested in them

But I need the dark cloud crowd to confirm my facts

It's been days since he left a Gopher visit without committing to them - that means he's not interested in us

Its been weeks since he left a TCU visit without committing to them - that means he's very interested in them

I hope he didn't like them both. If so, you take the money that goes with it.

Facts meet history in this fan base with almost zero history of highly rated recruits choosing Minnesota after lengthy time between visits and decisions. Call us paranoid if you want, but that is also a fact in our history.

He’s clearly a different kind of recruit that highly rated which is in our favor, but history suggests we should worry until the deal is done. Especially since there’s little evidence of a back up plan if he chooses elsewhere.

doug-maclean-mac.gif

Top Bottom