Gophers among favorites to land 4-star 2023 center Dennis Evans

A front court of him and Payne would be absolutely phenomenal.
It does sound fun but a lot people were picking the Broncos to be Super Bowl contenders.
I'd love the opportunity to see how it turns out! I agree the potential would be absolutely phenomenal to consider.
Keep Battle and Garcia, add a healthy Fox and Ihnen...."choose" the best point guard transfer.
Oh, oh baby!

giphy.gif

On3 RPM: machine learning to predict college choices, has tcu at 51% and MN at 46%

i'll wait for an actual announcement
Yeah I'm pretty sure On3 predictions aren't humans with inside knowledge, it's a computer algorithm thing. I don't think there's a way to check history on it, but I thought I remembered it having Kansas at like 70% before Kansas was more officially eliminated recently. I don't know why some people are assuming we're already down and out on this one. He literally just took an official visit here.

Yeah I'm pretty sure On3 predictions aren't humans with inside knowledge, it's a computer algorithm thing. I don't think there's a way to check history on it, but I thought I remembered it having Kansas at like 70% before Kansas was more officially eliminated recently. I don't know why some people are assuming we're already down and out on this one. He literally just took an official visit here.
adding that hillcrest coach wood routinely retweets from marcus and ryan james when they mention Evans. Then again, no one covering tcu appears to tweet anything about evans

Minnesota pessimism

From the Strib just now:

One of the nation's top high school centers enjoyed his Gophers visit last weekend, but Dennis Evans hasn't decided when he'll announce where he'll play college basketball.

The 7-1, 230-pound Hillcrest (Calif.) High School senior finished up his final official visit last Sunday, and he's now ready to choose between programs in the Big Ten and Big 12.

"TCU and Minnesota," said Evans' AAU coach Kool-Aid Perry, who accompanied him on his visit to the U last week. "There's nobody else."

Gophers coach Ben Johnson and assistant Marcus Jenkins made sure no coaching staff put in more time with Evans during the recruiting process. They followed him all summer and flew to see him last month in Riverside, Calif.

"We talked about what I can continue to get better at and some of the things they do within their program," Evans said. "So far they've communicated I would be a great fit for the program. Someone who is really good at switching [defensively] 1 through 5. Someone who isn't limited on offensive end of the court."

Evans, who would be the highest-rated Gophers recruit since Kris Humphries in 2003, ranks 13th nationally in the 2023 class by Rivals.com, 27th by 247Sports.com and 28th by PrepHoops.com. He played on Team USA's U17 World Cup team that won a gold medal this summer in Spain.

I was just posting what I saw on on3... I have no idea how their stuff works... Just saw on3 had tcu with a higher percentage of landing the kid

He played on Team USA's U17 World Cup team that won a gold medal this summer in Spain.
Dennis played about 32 minutes total across the 7 games (all wins) with the majority of minutes coming in early blow outs

not intending to be critical of Dennis, just noting that he's still developing. Great that he got selected to the team and means he got to practice against some quality players

if he comes to MN, i think he'll be a better version of Randy Breuer - a bit faster and better vertical

from Marcus' strib article "TCU and Minnesota," said Evans' AAU coach Kool-Aid Perry, who accompanied him on his visit to the U last week. "There's nobody else."
first i've heard that Evans' AAU coach joined in on the official visit. I believe coach Perry also had Henley on his AAU team.

Last edited:

If I am not mistaken, any human being that just turned 17, is still developing in EVERY aspect of his Adolescence. :)

Dennis played about 32 minutes total across the 7 games (all wins) with the majority of minutes coming in early blow outs

not intending to be critical of Dennis, just noting that he's still developing. Great that he got selected to the team and means he got to practice against some quality players

if he comes to MN, i think he'll be a better version of Randy Breuer - a bit faster and better vertical
Randy is my all time favorite Gopher.

from Marcus' strib article "TCU and Minnesota," said Evans' AAU coach Kool-Aid Perry, who accompanied him on his visit to the U last week. "There's nobody else."
first i've heard that Evans' AAU coach joined in on the official visit. I believe coach Perry also had Henley on his AAU team.
I sure as hell hope so!!!!

I say yes, and everyone needs to drink it!

A better version of Breuer would be at least a first round pick and a Big Ten Championship so I’ll take that.

Top Bottom