Gary Anderson is leaving Wisconsin for Oregon State...

This is all done to fully awaken the sleeping giant named the Minnesota Golden Gophers. This is what the B1G wanted and has been in the works for years.

1. It started in 2009 when Ferentz signed a lifetime contract with an impossible buyout, dooming Iowa to mediocrity.
2. Nebraska joins the B1G. This was the original way the B1G was going to look stronger, but quickly realized recruits don't want to live in Lincoln, NE anymore.
3. Next Minnesota hired what was perceived to be their 5th choice for head coach: Jerry Kill. The B1G knew Maturi would botch another coaching search, and hand selected Kill for Minnesota. The B1G also knew Jerry's resemblance to Goldy Gopher would make him a perfect fit.
4. Brett Bulimia feels left out and leaves Wisconsin to coach Arkansas, the mascot he most closely resembles.
5. B1G forces Alvarez to hire Gary Andersen, who wants to completely change the offense that has been Wisconsin's identity for the last 20 years.
6. The B1G adds Maryland and Rutgers not for monetary purposes, but to have an excuse to swap a rising Michigan St. team with a falling Wisconsin team, and move the two worst B1G teams Illinois and Purdue to the west.
7. B1G forces Nebraska to fire a 9 win coach and hire a 60 year old coach who went 5-7 this year to further cement their fall to mediocrity.
8. Gary Anderson grows tired of running coaching strategies through a Barry Alvarez statue in the corner of his office, and the B1G urges him to take the only decent job opening available: Oregon State.

This all leads us back to Minnesota being setup to win the B1G west for the next 4-6 years, cementing the Gophers as the new powerhouse in the west. Norwood Teague knew this all along, and knew that three years from now, after 3 consecutive west titles, the season ticket increase would be justified.

This all makes sense! Now about the 1962-2009 part of this plan....

Tim%20Brewster.jpg

I know the perfect guy for the job.

Best post of your life:clap::clap:

Please stop the Tim Brewster to Wisconsin nonsense. You act like Barry Alvarez doesn't know football. He picked a coach who kicked our ass two straight years, you really think he's going to hire a sh!tty coach??? Let's just hope for a coach not as good as Andersen!

Great sense of humor

Please stop the Tim Brewster to Wisconsin nonsense. You act like Barry Alvarez doesn't know football. He picked a coach who kicked our ass two straight years, you really think he's going to hire a sh!tty coach??? Let's just hope for a coach not as good as Andersen!

#Mase4Madison

additionally there is the short term possibility that their recruiting class falls apart.

Kill and staff will have to put in a lot of time into the bowl game - and not spending 100% of their time recruiting. If BA manages the team through the bowl game the new coach gets to spend 100% of his time recruiting. Didn't we see this when Urban took over at OSU?
That's if BA gets a new coach quickly

We are going into a 30 day quiet period so there is no recruiting advantage, in fact, at the end of the quiet period the new coach will have 17 days to put together a class.

Are you saying Wisconsin kicked our ass this year? If so, I must have missed that.

Wish Andersen was staying, but since he's decided to leave...I bet Glen Mason is still hoping for that phone to ring!

In all seriousness, if Alvarez hires Bevell he's probably upgraded from Andersen.

Glen Mason has been hanging around the shores or Lake Minnetonka for years, happily.

The only name Wisconsin will consider is Mike Grant. Barry is probably hanging out as we write at the Redstone Grill, dodging the gold diggers and trophy wives to close the deal.

The only second option for UW is the Bears coach after he gets fired in couple of weeks.

Mark my words, Mike Grant is headed to Madison!.

You seem like you'd be really fun to hang out with.

Reusse (yes, I know most people here hate him, but he's fairly tuned into things) mentioned on his radio show today that he'd heard much of it was related to increasing academic standards at Wisconsin and an inablilty to get borderline guys into school. That seems a little suspect. While it's fun to hate on Becky, every school in the Big Ten is a great school - if they weren't, they wouldn't be in the Big Ten. I have to believe it's the shadow of Alvarez that drove Blart and now Andersen away and if that's true, it may be very difficult for them to get a decent coach in there.

Or it really could be as simple as Andersen liked living out west, and he and his family missed that part of the country. Once again, it's fun to hate on Madison, but it's not a bad place to live (compare it to Lincoln or Iowa City or a lot of awful places), but if you've ever been to Corvallis, it's an incredibly beautiful part of the country. I could easily see wanting to move out there.

There's a state full of High School coaches in Minnesota who'd love to see Mr Grant move along and take a new job

There's a state full of High School coaches in Minnesota who'd love to see Mr Grant move along and take a new job

I think most would actually prefer EP split into two schools. There's not a lot of innovative thinking taking place from a coaching standpoint at EP.

I think most would actually prefer EP split into two schools. There's not a lot of innovative thinking taking place from a coaching standpoint at EP.

This is total thread hijack, but EP splitting doesn't make sense. The district is mostly built out at this point, with a predicted decline in enrollment over the next 15 years or so. They don't want to end up like Hopkins, Roseville, Edina, White Bear Lake, Bloomington etc. where they have a second (or third) high school at peak enrollment only to have to close it and re-consolidate in a few years when enrollment declines. It costs a lot to maintain two high schools. The school that should split is Wayzata.

And I'm not a fan of Mike Grant, as I played for the guy before he went to EP.

Now let's get back to Brew for Bucky or whatever we were talking about….

Reusse (yes, I know most people here hate him, but he's fairly tuned into things) mentioned on his radio show today that he'd heard much of it was related to increasing academic standards at Wisconsin and an inablilty to get borderline guys into school. That seems a little suspect. While it's fun to hate on Becky, every school in the Big Ten is a great school - if they weren't, they wouldn't be in the Big Ten. I have to believe it's the shadow of Alvarez that drove Blart and now Andersen away and if that's true, it may be very difficult for them to get a decent coach in there.

Or it really could be as simple as Andersen liked living out west, and he and his family missed that part of the country. Once again, it's fun to hate on Madison, but it's not a bad place to live (compare it to Lincoln or Iowa City or a lot of awful places), but if you've ever been to Corvallis, it's an incredibly beautiful part of the country. I could easily see wanting to move out there.

I've heard that it had to do with another parrot in a microwave incident.

This is total thread hijack, but EP splitting doesn't make sense. The district is mostly built out at this point, with a predicted decline in enrollment over the next 15 years or so. They don't want to end up like Hopkins, Roseville, Edina, White Bear Lake, Bloomington etc. where they have a second (or third) high school at peak enrollment only to have to close it and re-consolidate in a few years when enrollment declines. It costs a lot to maintain two high schools. The school that should split is Wayzata.

And I'm not a fan of Mike Grant, as I played for the guy before he went to EP.

Now let's get back to Brew for Bucky or whatever we were talking about….

Not to even attempt a hijack, but I've worked around school finance for a long time and you've very accurately summed up Eden Prairie's situation. When enrollment started to mushroom in the 1980s (or so), there was a great temptation to over-build, but they saw what was going on around them in the districts you mention in terms of closing buildings and they proceeded cautiously. The school administrations and boards in Eden Prairie have done a good job figuring out the right route for the district in terms of facilities. You clearly know your stuff, so kudos to you.

Now, back to the Andersen saga.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I figured it out...Gary Andersen was a Jerry Kill spy sent to destroy Wisconsin by leaving suddenly and having a year worth of recruits that he promised he'd be there to picked off. Had to play well for a couple years first in order to cover his tracks.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom