GAME #6: Gophers (5-0) v. Syracuse (4-0) [ESPN2, 4:30PM]

Are you guys seeing Oto sneaking around on the baseline. If we can get him the ball more he can do a lot of damage being ignored behind everyone in their zone D

That's not Oto, that's King. Different white guys.

I love what I see so far. Syracuse is obviously a superior physical team but we are attacking the zone as if....well as if we have been coached on how to attack it. Good stuff.

Agree. Amazing the difference in the athletes, but Gophs are playing and attacking well

I wish I could have the front end of that 1 and 1 back.

The unforced TOs is difference. I think we played a VERY good first half!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well now we'll find out of Pitinio can make halftime adjustments.

If he had kept his hands up he would have been ok. Had position but lowered his arms into the ball and player.

This has been fun. Yeah we've been sloppy at times and the refs haven't helped us on a couple calls, but we are going toe to toe with one of the best programs in the country.

Listening to these ESPN guys gushing over Coach is just awesome!

Half time guys need to stop using the "Jr is taking plays out of seniors playbook." That's going to get old quick.

Good publicity for the team and especially for a guard/wing that would like to shoot the ball off the feed. Rashad are you watching. We also need some more beef on Joey King. He is a skinny white boy. Oto looks thicker but Syracuse has some size and beef.

Gee , can we get another 20 replays of Fair? getting bloodied on his dunk? Get over it ESPN!!!!! little Dre got shoved into the score table and got blood too!!!!!!

We need the halftime scene from Porky's 3. Pitino getting a phone call reinstating Walker for the 2nd half......

Half time guys need to stop using the "Jr is taking plays out of seniors playbook." That's going to get old quick.

No kidding. I don't see Richard holding a notebook called "Dad's plays" and I don't see him on his cell phone texting Dad what to do.

Pretty impressive half minus a few glaring weaknesses. If we shore some things up and keep shooting well we'll have a good shot to steal this game.

I thought they said EE only had 2 fouls when did he get the third? We are in trouble if he goes out with fouls.

I hate how the refs at all levels make calls against good blocking and vertical D.. Stand your ground and hold your hands straight up like you are coached and the call still goes against the D 99% of the time. The defender has a right to defend his vertical space and if an offensive player takes that space it should be an offensive foul. The refs don't have the balls to make the call even though its in the rules.

Maybe all refs should be required to coach defense so they understand how the game is being coached.

Too many turnovers and too many offensive rebounds. Need to box out on defense so we can get going on the break. Nothing you can complain too much about though...

play by play shows EE fouled at 7:25...5:46,,,and :02,,,,

Malik Smith is already over his season average. (8 pts 1st --- 6.3 pts SAVG) I'm glad he showed up today. Now if only we could get some depth elsewhere too.

Maybe a stupid question. Syracuse won the tip and gets the ball to start the half? Is that how it always works?

Top Bottom