GAME #6: Gophers (5-0) v. Syracuse (4-0) [ESPN2, 4:30PM]

I thought the press was important for us to push the pace and make them play fast. I also think we play much better by instinct than playing a slow down half court game. Playing as fast as we can helps us more than an most other teams

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I thought the press was important for us to push the pace and make them play fast. I also think we play much better by instinct than playing a slow down half court game. Playing as fast as we can helps us more than an most other teams

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Agreed, I don't think we ever get into the game if it isn't for the fast pace at the start of the game. We got down double digits fast and needed to throw Syracuse out of rhythym to get back into it.

I am okay running with a tight bench, but running your players the entire game (All 7 of them) is going to make it hard to mount a comeback at the end. I really wish he would have used some of the other players to keep the guys rested.

Though it's always easier to say it after the fact. I loved the effort of the guys.

I bet we see Wally, Mav, Mo, and maybe even Buggs get playing time tomorrow. This is a tournament and only running 7 deep is going to really fatigue us with such a short turn around.

I bet we see Wally, Mav, Mo, and maybe even Buggs get playing time tomorrow. This is a tournament and only running 7 deep is going to really fatigue us with such a short turn around.

If the game tomorrow against Arkansas goes the way I think it will the Gophers should be able to control the game. Not necessarily run away with it, but they should be able to hold an 8-10 point lead and that will give them opportunities to get those guys in and rest the main rotation.

I am okay running with a tight bench, but running your players the entire game (All 7 of them) is going to make it hard to mount a comeback at the end. I really wish he would have used some of the other players to keep the guys rested.

Though it's always easier to say it after the fact. I loved the effort of the guys.
Our next guy off the bench would have had more T.O. In 2 minutes than we had the whole game.

Our next guy off the bench would have had more T.O. In 2 minutes than we had the whole game.

Simply not true. Wally Turn Over Average / Game is 0.3. And if you look at Wally's projected turn overs per 100 plays is less then the team average at 5.7.

Deandre Mathieu is 22.8 Turn Over per 100 plays

Dre Hollins is 7.3 Turn Overs per 100 Plays.

Simply not true. Wally Turn Over Average / Game is 0.3. And if you look at Wally's projected turn overs per 100 plays is less then the team average at 5.7.

While I do think Wally would have struggled when he got the ball against the Syracuse zone I am gonna guess Mav would have been the next guy off the bench and I think he would have really struggled with turnovers against the zone.

Here is an example of how "stats dont lie, we lie about stats"....

Wally's/Mav's possessions/game or types of possession for that matter are so drastically lower/different than those two that you referenced it's not even worth elaborating further.

And projecting Wally to 100 plays based on his 3 or 4 minute stretches hes had so far is ludicrous, especially when talking about how he would handle the Syracuse zone... That's like projecting Kendal Shell to an all american after playing 2 garbage minutes and scoring 4 points against St Scholastica.

Here is an example of how "stats dont lie, we lie about stats"....

Wally's/Mav's possessions/game or types of possession for that matter are so drastically lower/different than those two that you referenced it's not even worth elaborating further.

And projecting Wally to 100 plays based on his 3 or 4 minute stretches hes had so far is ludicrous, especially when talking about how he would handle the Syracuse zone... That's like projecting Kendal Shell to an all american after playing 2 garbage minutes and scoring 4 points against St Scholastica.

+1

Top Bottom