GAME #19: Gophers (14-4, 3-2) @ #14/16 Iowa (14-3, 3-1) [BTN, 1/19, Noon]

In English?

Gophers leading because they shot the ball better than Iowa.
- Gophers getting beat on the boards. Not getting o-boards and giving them up. Not a good combo.
- Iowa getting to the line more than Minnesota.
- Turnovers even
- Most important is that Iowa was awful shooting from the field except for Oglesby. The problem is that it's not likely to last (37% eFG). Gophers will need to play efficient offense and do better on the boards or they'll be in trouble.

Here's the biggest difference b/w this year and last year (Pitino & Tubby)... Last year I knew we would lose this game at this point in the game... This year I'm not so sure.

- Gophers getting beat on the boards. Not getting o-boards and giving them up. Not a good combo.
- Turnovers even
- Most importantly is that Iowa was awful shooting from the field except for Oglesby. The problem is that it's not likely to last (37% eFG). Gophers will need to play efficient offense and do better on the boards or they'll be in trouble.
Thank you, I did care despite what others said.

Stop fouling. Jesus. You're playing yourself out of the game if you all have 4 fouls with 5 minutes to go.

It's hard to stop fouling when you're constantly getting beat. It's one of the advantages they have.

Austin is not a good enough shooter to take long, contested 3's with 20 seconds left on the shot clock. He does it FAR too much and it really bugs me.

It's hard to stop fouling when you're constantly getting beat. It's one of the advantages they have.

Or when Malik goes over the back off a missed free throw against three Iowa players.

This is starting to feel like the Arkansas game. Up at half then fall apart in the 2nd.

Austin is not a good enough shooter to take long, contested 3's with 20 seconds left on the shot clock. He does it FAR too much and it really bugs me.

And about of his shots are bricks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Lazy passes, not good. They're losing focus. They're still in it, but they gotta keep this thing from getting into double digits.

When you get a good team down by 10 on the road (which we've done twice in a row, impressively) you have to keep your foot on their throat. Maybe next time.

- Turnovers even
- Most important is that Iowa was awful shooting from the field except for Oglesby. The problem is that it's not likely to last (37% eFG). Gophers will need to play efficient offense and do better on the boards or they'll be in trouble.

Stats rarely lie, Iowa wasn't going to continue playing like dogsh1t for long...

We gotta respond and put them back there.

Iowa plays really good D when they're engaged, all five guys hound like crazy.

Well if they don't miss a shot, then this game is over. This is unbelievable.

28 points in 8 minutes for Iowa... Bad defense and good shooting

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

we're battling, but we're just being outclassed by a better team on their home court, they're hot on offense we're scrapping for buckets

Why do they keep showing that backed up crowd shot? You can't hardly see anything cause it's so dark up there haha

One thing about this half - the Gophers have really had to have been hammered to get foul calls. That's helping Iowa's momentum. Still, Iowa has been unconscious since Oglesby ended the half. Note that Malik Smith is NOT the guy you want guarding their shooter.

Top Bottom