GAME #19: Gophers (14-4, 3-2) @ #14/16 Iowa (14-3, 3-1) [BTN, 1/19, Noon]

At least Iowa is hands down the goofiest looking team in the B1G. Possibly the world.

Iowa has too many weapons for us to handle today.... Best team in the conference at home, no doubt in my mind... Just so complete and versatile....

Nobody even attempted to grab a rebound there.

whatever, this game shows me we can play with them, I like our chances at home against them

I just like the fact that Pitino found a way to keep this from being an embarrassment when we had lil Dre and EE AND Mo in foul trouble the entire game... EE had 1 foul 25 sec into the game for Christ sake, he was in a coaching scramble the entire game...

Add in Malik being non existent and Joe King being worse than normal on the boards, we had a recipe for disaster there in a hurry...

Edit:
And now it might get embarrassing....

Good effort today but tough game. Iowa is better than us. We could beat them at home though.

Honestly the refs got way too involved in this one,just let them play, both teams shouldn't be in the double bonus half way through the half

Iowa is very good. Would not be surprised if they won the conference and went deep in the tourney. Lots of ways to beat you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you can't have a 30 win season, may as well have a 30 foul game.

I hate the emphasis on trying to call touch fouls so much. When teams score a quarter of their points from the free throw line it takes away from the players.

Not just saying this because of this one game either.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

I think we've figured out the key to getting favorable officiating...flip out like a moody teenager. Sure worked for Fran.

why not put in the rest of our guys with 4 fouls and see how many foul out, just to point out the absudity of this game. That said, Iowa is clearly a very good team and shot the lights out today. Not blaming the officials, because I think Iowa would still win this one without them, but anytime you are approaching 30 fouls for one team without fouling to get the ball back it is ridiculous

The inconsistency not only from game to game from B1G officials, but minute to minute during games should be alarming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A meltdown led by Austin.

played a lot better than smith, and I'd argue the play where smith was called for travel in the backcourt trying to get Dre the ball was where the game ended for us, we were on somewhat of a run, which was ended there

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Safe to say I hate Iowa and they have the ugliest basketball team</p>— Frank Ragnow (@KNARFWONGAR) <a href="https://twitter.com/KNARFWONGAR/statuses/424995525125890048">January 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You could sense it slipping a bit with about 4 minutes left, but I was hoping they'd be able to keep the score a bit more respectable. Oh well, onto the next one, let's go get this Badger game, split our rival games.

Top Bottom