Former Gopher A.J. Barker arrested UPDATED 5/9: Sid says AJ wants back on team

I would welcome the kid back with open arms if Kill signs off on it. I trust Jerry to handle the situation the right way.

This kid really messed up. Not only did he write his letter but he also took it to all the local radio stations, so he will need to own up to that.

Barker had a great season but in no way is he the superstar type of player that can say the things he said and be welcomed back onto this team.

This team needs all the talent it can get. Barker should be welcomed back.

Barker had a great season but in no way is he the superstar type of player that can say the things he said and be welcomed back onto this team.

We can't welcome back AJ Barker but we CAN welcome back and also celebrate a three-time loser on the BB team who pleaded no contest to felony assault, guilty to violating a harassment restraining order, and guilty to a DUI?

We can't welcome back AJ Barker but we can welcome back and also celebrate a three-time loser on the BB team who pleaded no contest to felony assault, guilty to violating a harassment restraining order, and guilty to a DUI?

Someone who makes bad decisions or a sociopath?

Incredible stupid when you consider it was more severe than an ankle sprain....they misdiagnosed his injury.

No disrespect intended here 24, but are you talking about AJ or your son?

Not in on the med team, and given it is the U and their med school, one would hope they have at least competent training staff and miscommunication does happen. Along with that coaches are there to provoke the students to play harder and give it their all. Some students take the initiative on that simply because they know the game is on now and they are wanting to prove themselves and want to win.

Have no clue what is going on with AJ. Given the scenario provided in this forum. If he humbled himself and reconciled with everyone appropriately, all for giving kids another chance. Let him get back on his feet.

If Coach Kill made some mistakes, I do believe he is man enough to make the necessary corrections himself and this would provide him a golden (no pun intended) opportunity to do it.

Maybe the Houston incident woke AJ up and showed him who he has become and where he was headed and wants to right himself.

BTW- my only caveat with this is that no one has to feels like they are walking on thin ice...:)

Not sure if you are understanding me but I'm saying he plead no contest not guilty, there's a difference. Also, anyone who has ever talked to Trevor for 5 minutes knows that he's a really nice and good guy. He's obviously made some mistakes in his life but he is by no means a bad person.

Not sure if you are understanding me but I'm saying he plead no contest not guilty, there's a difference. Also, anyone who has ever talked to Trevor for 5 minutes knows that he's a really nice and good guy. He's obviously made some mistakes in his life but he is by no means a bad person.

I understood you completely. But pleading No Contest is not the same as pleading Not Guilty. And it is not in the same universe as being Innocent of the charges. Trevor maybe the nicest guy in the world but with his extremely checkered past he was welcomed back on the BB team with open arms by Gopher fans everywhere. Whether or not AJ Barker plays for the football team again there are a lot of GopherHole posters who are complete hypocrites on this issue.

No disrespect intended here 24, but are you talking about AJ or your son?

Not in on the med team, and given it is the U and their med school, one would hope they have at least competent training staff and miscommunication does happen. Along with that coaches are there to provoke the students to play harder and give it their all. Some students take the initiative on that simply because they know the game is on now and they are wanting to prove themselves and want to win.

Have no clue what is going on with AJ. Given the scenario provided in this forum. If he humbled himself and reconciled with everyone appropriately, all for giving kids another chance. Let him get back on his feet.

If Coach Kill made some mistakes, I do believe he is man enough to make the necessary corrections himself and this would provide him a golden (no pun intended) opportunity to do it.

Maybe the Houston incident woke AJ up and showed him who he has become and where he was headed and wants to right himself.

BTW- my only caveat with this is that no one has to feels like they are walking on thin ice...:)

Huh? First off I don't have any kids who play or played for the U.:confused:

2nd; AJ in no shape form or way owe the medical folks an appology...they owe him one. AJ and Kill owe one another an appology. AJ does owe his teammates an appology.

It would be a magnanimous gesture if Coach Kill were to give AJ another chance.

Also; I certainly hope folks are voicing their true opinions because I can only see one reason why such a meeting would be leaked.

If the team votes him back AND all the team members get a swat at his behind with one of those oak paddles with Greek letters on it. Some of you old-timers might know of what I speak.

If the team votes him back AND all the team members get a swat at his behind with one of those oak paddles with Greek letters on it. Some of you old-timers might know of what I speak.

YEAH...and lather him realllll nice like with some baby oil!

2nd; AJ in no shape form or way owe the medical folks an appology...they owe him one. AJ and Kill owe one another an appology. AJ does owe his teammates an appology.

Also; I certainly hope folks are voicing their true opinions because I can only see one reason why such a meeting would be leaked.

First, excuse me, but I was under the impression you were Kim's dad and felt they did not handle his injuries correctly so in that regard you basically sided with AJ.

As for the med staff, and I admit to not knowing what fully happened since I am not following this story 24/7, who diagnosed his injury as more severe then what they were treating? AJ himself? Did he go to a legitimate Dr.? AJ rejected the diagnosis and treatment, so someone other then his feelings must have let him know. Where their Xrays?

And like I mentioned "appropriate" apologies and maybe even overboard a little. Not saying who has to apologize to who or how deeply since other then the boards and articles, I have no inside info.

First, excuse me, but I was under the impression you were Kim's dad and felt they did not handle his injuries correctly so in that regard you basically sided with AJ.

As for the med staff, and I admit to not knowing what fully happened since I am not following this story 24/7, who diagnosed his injury as more severe then what they were treating? AJ himself? Did he go to a legitimate Dr.? AJ rejected the diagnosis and treatment, so someone other then his feelings must have let him know. Where their Xrays?

And like I mentioned "appropriate" apologies and maybe even overboard a little. Not saying who has to apologize to who or how deeply since other then the boards and articles, I have no inside info.

In fairness to you...you need to read the boards more to know where I'm coming from.

I forget who it was who said "Don't judge a man by his mistakes, judge him by what he does to AMEND those mistakes."

That's the creed I live my life by. Mainly because I'm always screwing up!

In fairness to you...you need to read the boards more to know where I'm coming from.

I forget who it was who said "Don't judge a man by his mistakes, judge him by what he does to AMEND those mistakes."

That's the creed I live my life by. Mainly because I'm always screwing up!

Fair enough, but I am a fan, not a fanatic so I do not spend that much time on the boards to know where posters are fully coming from. Actually I spend more time than I should, like right now for instance when I should be working. :p

Anyway, not against Barker getting it together...just not comfortable with some of the extreme blame in either direction on this issue, though I cannot say how Barker has behaved himself including his original rant has overly impressed me.

If everyone is making amends, all is good in the world as far as I am concerned. Just don't want anyone feeling like they are walking on thin ice if and when it is done.

Good point btw...:)

I will welcome him back only if he makes a 4 000 word post on why he is coming back.

Calminnfan;

Let me catch you up. When you get a chance take a look at "Answer to my man Gopher Gold" thread. Post number 20 specificly.

And if you really want to catch up; find the thread titled "Since Brewster is gone, I have a question"

Find post #34 and use the following sipher/code

2-9-21-23-30-31-40-52-62-63-64-65-66-67-71

Don't post what it says let folks do their own work;)

Calminnfan;

Let me catch you up. When you get a chance take a look at "Answer to my man Gopher Gold" thread. Post number 20 specificly.

And if you really want to catch up; find the thread titled "Since Brewster is gone, I have a question"

Find post #34 and use the following sipher/code

2-9-21-23-30-31-40-52-62-63-64-65-66-67-71

Don't post what it says let folks do their own work;)

wait, you're Kim's dad?!?!?!?

What does AJ's mom think of all this??? I'm still waiting for a 4000 word apology from AJ

:)

Just out of curiosity, do the initials CB mean anything (besides cornerback that is)?

I understood you completely. But pleading No Contest is not the same as pleading Not Guilty. And it is not in the same universe as being Innocent of the charges. Trevor maybe the nicest guy in the world but with his extremely checkered past he was welcomed back on the BB team with open arms by Gopher fans everywhere. Whether or not AJ Barker plays for the football team again there are a lot of GopherHole posters who are complete hypocrites on this issue.
Where's the hypocrisy? The situations aren't exactly mirror images of one another. You've got one guy who's gotten himself in more than one pickle, but still wanted to be a part of the program. On the other hand, you've got a player who essentially stormed out of the room with his middle fingers in the air and tried to harm the program on his way out. Not exactly apples to apples.

Top Bottom