FLECK HAS ACCEPTED THE GOPHERS JOB!! UPDATED: WE GOT FLECK!!!!

It will leak out if he Fleck goes through with that supposedly scheduled meeting with the WMU players tonight.
One way or another I expect to know this evening if the Canoe has tipped or if Fleck is riding the Canoe to Minneapolis.

BCBronco Wrote:
If they are having a meeting at the Seelye center, it isn't now. Parking is basically empty

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's funny, because most (if not all) players are home on winter break... Idk what a "team meeting" would accomplish.

Same thing when Coyle broke the news to the players about Claeys. Text message was the only option since everyone is home.

Great- his defense got smoked the last 3 games of the year.

Grantham was DC at Georgia in the late Richt years. Decent recruiter but mixed results at UGA. He is one of more "well known" coordinators out there. If he came with Fleck that would be pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no kidding. i think Grantham has a few years left at $1M per year at Louisville

Are we all still rowing, or are we now bailing water out of the canoe? Damn, fake twitter accounts. I think it is bailing out the water, and Fleck is giving us the finger.

Are we all still rowing, or are we now bailing water out of the canoe? Damn, fake twitter accounts. I think it is bailing out the water, and Fleck is giving us the finger.

I'm feeling comfortably numb...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_FrOQC-zEog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

per the KSTP report:

A respected agent told KSTP landing Fleck would require the Gophers to give him a six-year contract in the range of $21 million.

That’s $3.5 million a year, which would slot close to the middle among Big Ten coaches.

http://kstp.com/sports/university-o...-pj-fleck-gophers-tracy-claeys/4363187/?cat=1

Go Gophers!!

Whether it is Miles or Fleck- this is no time to go cheap. They have 90 million into the facilities, they need another 80 million and they have lagging attendance and fundraising has dried up. The investment in a solid coach is minor at this point.

Can we just shorten the stuff in parentheses to... (not)?

per the KSTP report:

A respected agent told KSTP landing Fleck would require the Gophers to give him a six-year contract in the range of $21 million.

That’s $3.5 million a year, which would slot close to the middle among Big Ten coaches.

http://kstp.com/sports/university-o...-pj-fleck-gophers-tracy-claeys/4363187/?cat=1

Go Gophers!!
Seems like a reasonable request to me, Durkin received $2.5/yr from Maryland. With the TV rights $3.5 seems reasonable and worth it.

It's Fleck. Joe Schmit just said on KSTP TV they reached a tentative agreement with Fleck.

Joe Schmidt believes Fleck will be announced tomorrow.

We are still rowing. There was a lag in talks due to buyout money and assistant coaches salary. The boosters were also asked where they were on money. Shockingly, it seems Coyle underestimated the price even though Purdue just went down this road. It seems all is well and will finalize tonight

Top Bottom