FLECK HAS ACCEPTED THE GOPHERS JOB!! UPDATED: WE GOT FLECK!!!!

It's Fleck. Joe Schmit just said on KSTP TV they reached a tentative agreement with Fleck.

I saw that too. Schmidt really seems to have good info, so I tend to believe it.
(IIRC, though, we were in this same position with Randy Edsall and he backed out at the very last minute).

I saw that too. Schmidt really seems to have good info, so I tend to believe it.
(IIRC, though, we were in this same position with Randy Edsall and he backed out at the very last minute).

STROKE, STROKE, STROKE, I'm excited!

It done. Huge has been on point with this the whole time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw on twitter that KSTP is reporting 6 years, 21 million?

That is a huge raise for him. He was making 800k last year. Pretty hard to say no to that.

Chili just boiled over on the stove!

If Fleck is announced tomorrow, has anyone raised there profile more than....HUGE? If I am the station director at 1500 ESPN or KFAN, I am looking in to the details of Huge's contract in Michigan.

It done. Huge has been on point with this the whole time.

Hopefully Fleck has the good sense to keep the best recruiters from the previous staff on board. I'm very interested in keeping our Georgia connection and coach Brian Anderson around. Sawvell in what he coached against Washington State was genious. I hope he has a shot too.

Hopefully Fleck has the good sense to keep the best recruiters from the existing staff on board. I'm very interested in keeping our Georgia connection and coach Brian Anderson around.

Keep Sawvell. Keep Sawvell.

I'm hoping at least two dudes from the previous staff, Kills/Claeys staffs, best recruiters and talent evaluators have a chance.

Hopefully Fleck has the good sense to keep the best recruiters from the previous staff on board. I'm very interested in keeping our Georgia connection and coach Brian Anderson around. Sawvell in what he coached against Washington State was genious. I hope he has a shot too.
Remember, the house idiot Mark Coyle made it a point to insult the prior staff at his press conference.

I saw on twitter that KSTP is reporting 6 years, 21 million?

That is a huge raise for him. He was making 800k last year. Pretty hard to say no to that.

I'm surprised the BOR approved that more than anything

Mediocre program makes a mediocre hire to continue the string of mediocrity. I'm excited for 1-11 next year. News at 10. Yawn.

Honestly would have rather kept TC or floppin Kill.

How is a coach that goes 13-0 in the regular season and takes a MAC school to a major bowl mediocre? What am I missing?

How is a coach that goes 13-0 in the regular season and takes a MAC school to a major bowl mediocre? What am I missing?

You are missing that "Fire PJ Fleck" is just trying to get under people's skin. He obviously has no clue what he's talking about. He doesn't know how to move on and doesn't realize that Fleck would be a great hire.

Remember, the house idiot Mark Coyle made it a point to insult the prior staff at his press conference.

MC was just stating his expectations for the football program. His tone of voice was never intended to insult Kill & Co.

Well, I was angry for 3 days, but I think I'll get through it. I'm happy with the hire. I just hope people don't set their expectations too high. I think we'll regress on defense next year and it'll be hard to improve much on offense with our wide receivers and a new quarterback.

Mediocre program makes a mediocre hire to continue the string of mediocrity. News at 10. Yawn.

Im stoked for back to 1-11 and three years of "wait till he gets all of his recruits in..."

It takes a big man to mock someone with a disease.

did he bring his own coaches to wmu? he didn't even keep the recruits.

Yes.....he did. Read the Coaching Staff Bios on WMU. Has a former RBS coach from NDSU, the Simon kid who played at NIU under Kill (from Edina), guys from Rutgers (via Schiano connection), etc.

MC was just stating his expectations for the football program. His tone of voice was never intended to insult Kill & Co.

That's exactly what he did. He publicly slammed Claeys and his staff. It's not questionable.

Detroit Free Press: What to make of reports, rumors on Western Michigan's P.J. Fleck

Will he stay or will he go?

That is the question Western Michigan fans have been asking regarding the future of football head coach P.J. Fleck, and it's a question that has been asked well in advance of the Broncos' Cotton Bowl loss to Wisconsin on Jan. 2.

Western Michigan Athletic Director Kathy Beauregard could not be reached for comment on Thursday, as she was out of the office with an illness.

Fleck just finished his fourth season in Kalamazoo with a program-record 13 wins and a berth in the Cotton Bowl. Before this season, Western Michigan had never been so much as ranked in the Top 25, and it ended the year No. 15 in the final College Football Playoff poll. The Broncos also won the Mid-American Conference championship for the first time since 1988.

All of this makes it understandable why Minnesota would inquire about the services of the energetic 36-year-old head coach. And Fleck would be crazy not to listen to what Minnesota officials have to offer, which is not limited to better salary, better facilities, a larger fan base and a more prestigious conference.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/2017/01/05/western-michigan-pj-fleck-minnesota/96220478/

Go Gophers!!

You are missing that "Fire PJ Fleck" is just trying to get under people's skin. He obviously has no clue what he's talking about. He doesn't know how to move on and doesn't realize that Fleck would be a great hire.

Hopefully, it's the guy's 13th and last post here. The post irritated me only because it was so stupid.

Mediocre program makes a mediocre hire to continue the string of mediocrity. News at 10. Yawn.

Im stoked for back to 1-11 and three years of "wait till he gets all of his recruits in..."

Gonna quote you on that next season ;)

Am I missing something? Have any of the press covering WMU football confirmed through their sources?

Beacuse we are talking about the U here

I don't know why Gopherholers didn't believe me when I posted earlier.

You forget we're talking about the U here. When Fox 9 tweet came out about not all oars in the water, and then the reported money and negotiating, it is hard to believe that the board of regents approved the money. Once this comes out all of the bitching by the faculty on campus is really going to start. Legislators already pissing and moaning about money spent by the U on the coaching buyout money. They already don't trust the U, and with the legislatures new political bent you can bet they will be looking to reduce funding to the school.

Top Bottom