FLECK HAS ACCEPTED THE GOPHERS JOB!! UPDATED: WE GOT FLECK!!!!

This is officially stressing me out now. I don't think Les Miles is the answer. If he was going 8-4 and 9-3 at LSU I can only imagine the 7-5's and 6-6's at Minnesota. Much easier to win at LSU.

He was 63-17 at LSU since 2010 - yeah, that is not good enough for us.

Has anyone confirmed for sure if the Canoe with Coyle and Kaler isn't bringing Fleck to Dinkytown. The buzz seems to have flatlined.

This is officially stressing me out now. I don't think Les Miles is the answer. If he was going 8-4 and 9-3 at LSU I can only imagine the 7-5's and 6-6's at Minnesota. Much easier to win at LSU.

This is the bed you wanted- sleep in it

5 of the last 7 seasons the NCAA national champion was on his DIVISION yet he still went 39-17 in his conference. The B1G West is not the SEC East.

Sid could sign a top 15 recruiting class at LSU. Les does less with more.

Sid could sign a top 15 recruiting class at LSU. Les does less with more.

How many people have coached 10+ seasons in the SEC and had a .689 conference winning percentage? I'm guessing the list is short.

How many people have coached 10+ seasons in the SEC and had a .689 conference winning percentage? I'm guessing the list is short.

Psssst. Last time Minnesota had a SEASON with a conference winning percentage above .689 was 1973

I like Miles, but he is probably burnt out. Tubby part two. We need a hungry, up and comer. He is used to bone in ribye, and we have ground chuck. We need a creative chef. He got canned because with NFL talent all around, his offenses sucked.
He is trending down, just like Tubby.

Your favorite moment of the Fleck era?
Having the Little Brown Jug, Paul Bunyan's Axe and Floyd of Rosedale in our trophy case for two straight years.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You can't just hire a head football coach and say fix everything like the U has always done. The U has always done a half arsed job of marketing the football program and selling tickets when competing against the Vikings. They are competing with the Vikings whether they like to or not. The Vikings are not even that successful a franchise have an ancient history of winning almost as ancient as the Gophers, and yet there reputation if winning is 10 times better than the Gophers. The Vikings market it to the paint your face, dress up in costumes crowd and get rip roaring drunk, puke your guts out, NASCAR lovers crowd. I have said for a long time the U's niche is Families with late grade school to middle school kids, and recent graduates that had tickets when they are students. They can win those ticket buyers if they value them, and have blocks of tickets that are marketed for that group. I don't think they can win the costume crowd of hard partying drinkers that the Vikings already have the brand for.

What is your niche and who is your main customers? The U just ticked off a bunch of them with whacking everyone over the head with huge scholarship seating fees. Terrible decision to announce the plan the way they did and a terrible decision to increase prices the way they did without testing it out in sections first. They should have instituted some form of scholarship seating from the beginning. I get promotional price points, but they never built anything sustainable or really a high level of Big 10 Football.

I get they need that type of money, but you have a tiered system to it more, and you have to do a better job of explaining what the money will be spent for. Not a lot of football fans were happy about having to foot the bill for the rest of the scholarships at the U. That pot should be split up evenly amongst sports. I would have accepted sitting in a higher seat fee area if I knew that money was being invested in the Football program, because that is what interest me, not paying for all of the scholarships in the program. You have to give people value, and you have to value what your ticket buyers think and perceptions are.

If the U want's to win at football, we have to have a better base of Salaries for assistants, strength and conditioning, they are already working on the facility's. The University and the President need to stop pretending that winning at football doesn't matter because it does. Look at where Wisconsin and Minnesota were in 1990, and look at where we both are now. They are recruiting at the OSU and Michigan levels, and we are still pining away for a championship since 1967. This firing the coach crapola has to stop. The administration and the AD have to play an active role in developing a winning culture.

You can't just hire a head football coach and say fix everything like the U has always done. The U has always done a half arsed job of marketing the football program and selling tickets when competing against the Vikings.

You are wrong, the U has done a piss poor job of marketing the program and a half arsed job of supporting the it.

I like Miles, but he is probably burnt out. Tubby part two. We need a hungry, up and comer. He is used to bone in ribye, and we have ground chuck. We need a creative chef. He got canned because with NFL talent all around, his offensives sucked.

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#coacheslivesmatter

You are wrong, the U has done a piss poor job of marketing the program and a half arsed job of supporting the it.

My point was the Gophers have tried to fire the head coach way to prosperity. They always look to the head coach to fix everything just like they did under coach Kill. The U has always tried to get by on a skin tight budget. They have Champagne taste with Ramen noodle, or White Castle burgers for football, and have so since the Wacker days. Hiring a new football coach will not be the Savior they always hope it to be.

I like Miles, but he is probably burnt out. Tubby part two. We need a hungry, up and comer. He is used to bone in ribye, and we have ground chuck. We need a creative chef. He got canned because with NFL talent all around, his offenses sucked.

Well said.

What does everyone make of the All quiet on the western front? Is Fleck out? Is Miles in? Are they negotiating with Miles right now? Is he the guy?

What does everyone make of the All quiet on the western front? Is Fleck out? Is Miles in? Are they negotiating with Miles right now? Is he the guy?

I'd expect Miles to be named tomorrow. I think the fact they are on to him means they are done with Fleck.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It will leak out

Bold statement from a reputable source? Hot damn!

It will leak out if he Fleck goes through with that supposedly scheduled meeting with the WMU players tonight.
One way or another I expect to know this evening if the Canoe has tipped or if Fleck is riding the Canoe to Minneapolis.

Whatever they do or hire it, will end up being the wrong decision. Of that I am certain.

It's Fleck, it always has been. There's a reason why Coyle fired Claeys when he did and why Fleck shut down contract extension talks with Western Michigan weeks ago.

Top Bottom