Expect a 40% empty Floyd Stadium @ Middle Tennessee State

Wow this thread has turned into petty bickering over statistical analysis regarding temperatures? Thank God the offseason is only a couple more weeks long...

got to admit....

Wow this thread has turned into petty bickering over statistical analysis regarding temperatures? Thank God the offseason is only a couple more weeks long...

it is helping pass the time. Who knows what Sept. 2nd will bring. For all anybody knows it could be raining.

FAU did beat us in 2007, but it was because we dug ourselves too deep a hole to come back from. It wasn't us that faded in the second half, but FAU. We roared back in the second half, but it wasn't quite enough. The weather isn't going to be nearly such a major factor as the MTSU fans think.

Yeah, weather is not why they lost to FAU, I think that was the, what, SEVEN turnovers the Gophers committed that day?

Also, looking ahead, I see in 10 days, they are forecasting a high of 92° on August 25th. I don't think it's farfetched at all to think that on Sept. 2nd we could see a high in the 80s somewhere. Either way, the Gophers have plenty of guys from states like Florida and Texas, they know what the deal is.

We'll just leave it at you guys thinking it will be 86. That's fine. Maybe the players will think that too. By the way, the only reason for the "cool down" to the low 90's this week is due to rain everyday in the forecast. But I guess Minnesota knows all about Tennessee weather. They must live with it every day or something. Geez. That's crazy. But I'll just say "OK. Minnesota is right." and leave it at that.

We'll just leave it at you guys thinking it will be 86. That's fine. Maybe the players will think that too. By the way, the only reason for the "cool down" to the low 90's this week is due to rain everyday in the forecast. But I guess Minnesota knows all about Tennessee weather. They must live with it every day or something. Geez. That's crazy. But I'll just say "OK. Minnesota is right." and leave it at that.

Seriously. What do you not understand about averages? I don't know anything about Tennessee weather from personal experience, but I know how to read, and also understand what the word "average" means.

And, further, this is all academic anyway. Given that the game starts at 7:30, the high that day is irrelevant. What matters is what the temperature is from 7:30 to 11 or so is what is relevant. And, given that the record high for that day in Murfreesboro is 99, the odds are astronomical that the temperature even approaches 86 during the game.

Also, please enlighten us as to what the high temperature in the middle of August has to do with the high on Sept. 2. Thanks in advance.

I think what she is trying to say is cold fronts don't like to pass through TN, just like the rest of society.

I can guarantee you one thing. You have not lived with the weather of September 2nd, 2010, as it hasn't happened yet. Why should it matter that cooling was due to rain? Can't it rain in September?

We've already had over 16 days over 90 degrees and most of them had dewpoints in the high 60's and low 70's. This is NOT the year to expect anybody up here to be terrified of the temperture's they may find in TN the night of September 2nd.

Now if we had just experienced 16 days of -20 weather then yes, we'd all be concerned. :)

This might be something for MTSU fans to be more concerned about then the weather.

http://www.dnj.com/article/20100815/BLUERAIDERS01/8150324/MTSU-O-line-broken-by-circumstances

We've already had over 16 days over 90 degrees and most of them had dewpoints in the high 60's and low 70's. This is NOT the year to expect anybody up here to be terrified of the temperture's they may find in TN the night of September 2nd.

Now if we had just experienced 16 days of -20 weather then yes, we'd all be concerned. :)

This might be something for MTSU fans to be more concerned about then the weather.

http://www.dnj.com/article/20100815/BLUERAIDERS01/8150324/MTSU-O-line-broken-by-circumstances

That article has been talked about a lot lately in middle TN. To be honest, I'm not worried about it. We still have over 2 weeks. Like I said in an earlier post, Minnesota may be a little concerned at the fact that MTSU now has a defensive coordinator from Wisconsin. He was there 4 years, has played Minnesota, somewhat knows what to expect, and is preparing our guys.

Hey dance4raiders, you were a dancer at MTSU for 4 year? Pics please! Thanks in advance.

That article has been talked about a lot lately in middle TN. To be honest, I'm not worried about it. We still have over 2 weeks. Like I said in an earlier post, Minnesota may be a little concerned at the fact that MTSU now has a defensive coordinator from Wisconsin. He was there 4 years, has played Minnesota, somewhat knows what to expect, and is preparing our guys.

Is that John Palermo the D-Line Coach? He was here under that weasel Holtz and was at Wisconsin for quite a few years. That could help, though the Gophers under Brewster have changed their offense three times in the last three years.

I'm not posting pics. Keep dreaming.

I altogether think this is going to be an interesting match-up. Even though it's not that big of a deal, I do think that new defensive coordinator is plus. Especially if he's watched the Gophers play. Also, Minnesota has size, but I know they lack some in speed. MTSU is the total opposite. We lack in size, but we have speed. We're also known to throw a few trick plays, so I'm looking forward to that. I'm just anxious to see how the size vs. speed issue pans out for both teams.

Is that John Palermo the D-Line Coach? He was here under that weasel Holtz and was at Wisconsin for quite a few years. That could help, though the Gophers under Brewster have changed their offense three times in the last three years.

No it's Randall McCray. He spent the last 4 years at Wisconsin as an assistant coach.

then i'm sure you were a dancer there for 4 years

Dude, if it weren't 2 years ago and I was still on the website then I would tell you to go look it up. It's on my Facebook, but there's no way I'm posting that on here. Too personal. Sorry I don't want any weird stalkers searching through my pics. Guess I'm crazy for that. And funny how I still know every girl on the team and I judge tryouts every year. Oh and I know the last 3 coaches we've had. I've been to Daytona to place 5th at Nationals 2 years in a row and I've traveled to numerous stadiums to perform with the team, including Alabama, Memphis, South Carolina, Western Kentucky, Ford Field in Detroit, and LP Field in Nashville. I've also danced at 2 Titan's games at halftime, when MTSU performed. Guess I would just make ALL of that up too. BTW, who in their right mind would lie about dancing for MTSU?!? Sorry, but that's not something you just pull out of your butt to post on a forum.

oh i believe you. i just wanted to see pics that is all. I'm sure you're hot. Hot ex-college dancers getting into arguments on the Gopherhole don't happen every day, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Jeez, dude...

oh i believe you. i just wanted to see pics that is all. I'm sure you're hot. Hot ex-college dancers getting into arguments on the Gopherhole don't happen every day, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Give it a rest. She is who she is, and none of that matters. She's got it in her head that Physics and Hydrodynamics don't work in her part of Tennessee. I lived nine years in the south deeper than Tennessee and have seen that they do. I think we should just let this silly argument drop and work on enjoying Sept 2nd.

So, we should believe that you can know the weather in advance, and we should accept that there is no possible way we could prepare for it, and if that isn't enough, we should accept that injuries and lack of time practicing with each other mean nothing?

I would love the opportunity to combine camping in the Smokey Mountains with a gopher game.

It's a 3.5 hr drive from Gatlinburg to Murfreesboro, but I guess if you drove down from MN, you might as well do it.

Based on where this thread has gone I suggest a guess the temperature at kickoff contest. The winner gets to have dinner with dance4raiders followed by a a visit to the Tennessee state weather museum. I will guess 77.

It's a 3.5 hr drive from Gatlinburg to Murfreesboro, but I guess if you drove down from MN, you might as well do it.

Its a good thing I listen to Jason Aldeen, or I would have no idea what Gatlinburg was.

Dance girl, you must be pretty familiar with our dance team. I believe they win nationals every other year.

Its a good thing I listen to Jason Aldeen, or I would have no idea what Gatlinburg was.

Dance girl, you must be pretty familiar with our dance team. I believe they win nationals every other year.

I'm very familiar with Minnesota dance. It's always a toss-up between them and Tennessee. Minnesota is an amazing dance team. Great technique, etc. but I lean towards Tennessee being my favorite. Not because I'm from there, I just like their style more and they seem to be more unique when it comes to movements and music choices. My favorite dance ever performed by a team is from University of Tennessee in 2009. Minnesota was a close 2nd that year though.

And to the post about me having dinner with someone...umm...nope. I'm getting married. Sorry.

From Intellicast.com
For Mufreesboro, TN
Sep 2
Average Low 62°
Average High 86°
Record Low 45° (1987)
Record High 99° (1953)

Now, are we guessing the high temp for the day, or the temp at kickoff?
I'm going to guess 84 at kickoff, with a high of 88. Since it NEVER gets above 80 in Minnesota I think our players will curl up in the fetal position and give up. Plus, it's not like half our team is from Florida.

of course it could rain that day and then the high might only be 70.

Linky no worky. At least for me.

From Intellicast.com
For Mufreesboro, TN
Sep 2
Average Low 62°
Average High 86°
Record Low 45° (1987)
Record High 99° (1953)

Now, are we guessing the high temp for the day, or the temp at kickoff?
I'm going to guess 84 at kickoff, with a high of 88. Since it NEVER gets above 80 in Minnesota I think our players will curl up in the fetal position and give up. Plus, it's not like half our team is from Florida.

of course it could rain that day and then the high might only be 70.

You idiot! Haven't you even read this thread? Someone from Tennessee guarantees it will be hotter than 86 at kickoff. Do you currently live in Tennessee? I didn't think so. If you did, you would know that it's ALWAYS hotter than what the averages are. I will guess 103, with the temps on the field somewhere in the 145 to 155 range due to the artificial turf effect.

Just FYI, since I'm apparently wrong about TN weather, I decided to do a little research on the month of August so far. The average for Nashville on weather.com in August is 88. The average in August, this year, so far is 95.1. Just saying...That's a 7.1 degree difference. So 86 on Sept. 2...umm... I'm gonna go with at least 92. Don't believe me, research it yourselves.

Top Bottom