Exhibition Game Tonight: Cardinal Stritch

mplarson7

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the game will be on radio tonight? It isn't mentioned on the Gophers athletic site, so I'm thinking not. Figured I would at least check.

Anyone going? ??? Chances of getting a quality write-up on how things went ?

Anyone aware if this game will be replayed on BTN at all? Or if you get Gophers Access, are you able to watch a replay?

Anyone aware if this game will be replayed on BTN at all? Or if you get Gophers Access, are you able to watch a replay?

Good question, Wify's birthday tonight.... not gonna get to watch bball.

How many problems are we gonna have this year with the Gopher All Access website?

Cardinal Stritch won't be, but the Concordia replay will be on the BTN. Was scrolling my on-screen guide for the BTN and I think it's gonna' be replayed on Thursday the 7th. Can't remember the time.

Cardinal Stritch won't be, but the Concordia replay will be on the BTN. Was scrolling my on-screen guide for the BTN and I think it's gonna' be replayed on Thursday the 7th. Can't remember the time.

Sounds about right, I set my DVR to record it a few days ago. Since I don't have much planned for tonight I may buy the All-Access. I really want to see what our press looks like. If Tubby was still the coach or this was year 2 of Pitino I probably wouldn't pay to watch.

3 PM on Thursday. Just set my dvr, thanks.

How fast is it available for replay on All Access? 7pm games wreak havoc with my 6 month and 3 year old bed times.

Getting psyched for the Cardinal Stritch Classic!!

I know that for many of you the excitement is all around seeing the new coach and team in action. Our first real glimpse of what will be the standard for the year. Questions like, will Pitino stand or sit on the sideline (stool? chair?), will he leave the coaches box, how will he handle the transition to the raised floor (is a safety harness needed?), and how will he interact with the players.
And of course, a chance to see all our guys playing for the same team, hints about the speed & tempo, (will Mo run down the court every possession, or alternate to save legs & breath?), and general tone & chemistry.

But with all this intrigue it could be easy to miss the underlying tension of what is sure to be a new classic pairing. Two amazing educational institutions with unparalleled histories. If Old Spice could call their tourney 'classic' in its first year, why not name this the 'Cardinal Stritch Classic' and get on board early for what promises to be a fierce rivalry and, well, classic tradition that our children and grandchildren will be discussing in the years to come. And we will be able to say: WE WERE THERE when it all started.

I know that for many of you the excitement is all around seeing the new coach and team in action. Our first real glimpse of what will be the standard for the year. Questions like, will Pitino stand or sit on the sideline (stool? chair?), will he leave the coaches box, how will he handle the transition to the raised floor (is a safety harness needed?), and how will he interact with the players.
And of course, a chance to see all our guys playing for the same team, hints about the speed & tempo, (will Mo run down the court every possession, or alternate to save legs & breath?), and general tone & chemistry.

But with all this intrigue it could be easy to miss the underlying tension of what is sure to be a new classic pairing. Two amazing educational institutions with unparalleled histories. If Old Spice could call their tourney 'classic' in its first year, why not name this the 'Cardinal Stritch Classic' and get on board early for what promises to be a fierce rivalry and, well, classic tradition that our children and grandchildren will be discussing in the years to come. And we will be able to say: WE WERE THERE when it all started.

Haha - nice post, ML! I will not be to wear the t-shirt "We were there when it all started" as I'll be out of town this weekend :(. However, if you can still get the shirt if you go to the Lehigh game and every game after that, I'm IN!

ML, Cardinal Stritch. ...

You can't stop 'em, you can only hope to contain 'em.

For what it's worth the Cardinal Stritch team won the NAIA. They also have men's and women's bowling

Haha - nice post, ML! I will not be to wear the t-shirt "We were there when it all started" as I'll be out of town this weekend :(. However, if you can still get the shirt if you go to the Lehigh game and every game after that, I'm IN!
I think a case could be made for Lehigh being the real start of the season, but if you miss out on the beginning of this CS/MN rivalry, there's no going back...

I heard the promotion for the pre-season opener is 'Knee-Highs beat Lehigh', and all the players will be wearing their socks knee-high and fans will receive commemorative maroon and gold socks with Pitino stitched on one, and Goldy on the other. Sure to be a collectors item to go w/your Sid Hartman bobblehead.

Looking for tickets for tonights game

Hi,

The wife and I would like to take our four kids to the game tonight. Looking for tickets. If anyone is not using their tickets, please let me know. This is probably the only game that we can all afford to go to this year!

Thanks

Go Gophers!

Looks like the video is on BTN all access, it's only audio on gopher all access. Costs 14.95 for a month of BTN.

http://video.btn.com/allaccess/?media=409638

Like Bayfield says, I'm pretty sure Gopher All Access gets you video for all available Gopher content (otherwise it wouldn't be "all access"). BTN All Access gives you content for every school rather than just your home school.

Stritch preseason number one this year, lost by 14 last year at then ranked no. 22 Notre Dame. Could be a fairly competitive game

As per usual, I'll be there, and I'll probably a file a reasonably in-depth report here. I tend to file at least one breakdown per year until the novelty wears off. Which it usually does by the second game.

Okay dumb question... Does anyone know if you can sign up for BTN all access without a subscription to cable/satellite? Or will games be shown on Gopher All-Access? I'm not willing to get cable but I'd gladly pay 10-15 bucks a month to be able to watch all the games.

Okay dumb question... Does anyone know if you can sign up for BTN all access without a subscription to cable/satellite? Or will games be shown on Gopher All-Access? I'm not willing to get cable but I'd gladly pay 10-15 bucks a month to be able to watch all the games.

Only three games...two exhibitions and Montana....are available in Gopher All-Access or the BTN all access. The rest of the non conferences games outside of the road games are either on BTN, ESPN3 or ESPNU. If you have BTN, you can watch those games online with BTN2Go.

Hi,

The wife and I would like to take our four kids to the game tonight. Looking for tickets. If anyone is not using their tickets, please let me know. This is probably the only game that we can all afford to go to this year!

Thanks

Go Gophers!

I can help you out with some tickets and the price is right (free).

Top Bottom