Exhibition Game Tonight: Cardinal Stritch

Joey King looks good, at the high post, good passes, cuts to the basket and can make layups. Mo made nice moves that he didn't make last year, made a couple baskets. Dre Hollins looks smooth. Same with Austin. Dre Mathieu is super quick and looks taller than 5'9 or 5'10. OO still can't make shots including FT's. Speaking of FT's, nobody is making their FT's. Not good.

Buggs in now. Had a nice feed down to Walker and was fouled but missed both free throws. Really, really bad freethrow shooting tonight.

Madman do you see combos you like? Who works best with Mo? Any guys you see who stand out as improved?

Mathieu is definitely a good passer. Haven't seen him take many jumpers tonight, but he seems to be the total package at PG. No way he isn't our starter as long as he's healthy.

Austin Hollins may have topped his other dunk. He is doing some Rodney-like things tonight.

Madman do you see combos you like? Who works best with Mo? Any guys you see who stand out as improved?

Mathieu, Hollins, Hollins, King, and EE would be a good starting line up. The Hollins bros. can shoot. Mathieu can drive and dish. King does a little bit of everything. EE is just a solid center, especially defensively.

2nd team will be Walker (looks really good), Oto (by default?), Wally (looks ok), Mav (looks ok), Malik (still not sure about him).

When we can't score we can't do our press and when we can't do our press we struggle to score. That could be a problem when we start playing better teams.

Sounds like Buggsie needs a lot more playing time/experience. Gophers are VERY fortunate King got his transfer waiver.

Mo looking so much more mobile. Excited to see him put it together this year.

Sounds like Buggsie needs a lot more playing time/experience. Gophers are VERY fortunate King got his transfer waiver.

Buggs is hard to judge. He is very timid so he doesn't do a lot on offense. I think when he finally gets some confidence, which will come with more experience, he'll start to blossom a bit more. I just hope he doesn't get frustrated if he doesn't get minutes. He could be really good in our press. If we get Reid, I'd like to see Buggs play more of the 3 and have Martin and Reid handle the 4 with King next year.

Announcers are now talking about how Tyus took us off his list. Haha

I think Wally could improve in a hurry during the non-conference, he is another guy that just looks like he needs some minutes to develop.

Joey king needs to hit the weights hard this year.

Our power forwards are afraid to dunk. Definitely going to be the weak spot of this team.

If we had to go big for stretches I think Mo and EE could play together.

They definitely lost focus in the second half, got out scored. Lots of bright spots though. We have three high quality guards in H2D2.

Joey seems like a nice passer and avid scorer for us as the starting PF. Thats good news! But from the stat line, it appears he really has to do better rebounding to give us a respectable frontcourt. You can't have 4 guards out-rebounding you. A 6-9 PF should never end a game (especially against a D2 team) with only 1 rebound.

Yes it's way early, but if you can't make FT's - you can't win in the Big Ten. Poor Oto was throwing bricks at the FT line...wtf? Can't say the rest of the team was any better. Coach looks and acts like his dad. Arms crossed walking up and down the court. No stool. A folding chair. Didn't see him sitting once. He's in the players face during timeouts. Just like his dad. This should get interesting.

I'm really excited about the possibility of Mathieu being our starting PG. Sounds like a great distributor who will have 2 awesome wing options to dish to. His quickness and ball-handling certainly help his chances to become a legit starting PG. Someone who saw to the game tonight: How is Mathieu's defense?

When we are on, Matheiu, Dre, and Austin are going to really cause fits for our opponent. I'm also completely fine with EE and Mo at center, they will be one of the better Center duos in the conference.

Don't know what to think of 7 turnovers. Would be good if it was against a Big Ten team, but probably an improvement from last year anyway.

Top Bottom