Deion Sanders Replaces Mike Sanford as Head Coach at Colorado | Tim Brewster Likely Lead Assistant

really can’t make them ineligible if State law approves.
You ABSOLUTELY can. You don't think people who drive trucks or operate forklifts, etc in Colorado aren't tested for weed just because it's legal there? If you screw up your forklift and drop a load and hurt someone, or just wreck the load, guess what? You're getting tested, and if they find weed, you're getting canned.

Or do you believe that the players in Washington, Colorado, etc have been getting high with no reprecussions while other athletes aren't?

You're confusing Nick Saban and Urban Meyer. Meyer went to Jacksonville last year and did terrible. The post you're replying to was talking about Saban.
This is a thread about Coach Prince and the post I was replying to was about him, slick.
Stop juggling your Bally and pay attention.

He had a well respected draft at Jacksonville - sure many will follow
Can you clarify who you are referring to now? Jacksonville is a city in Florida with an NFL team that was coached by Meyer last year. Jackson State is an HBCU in Jackson MS with a SWAC team formerly coached by Coach Prime.

This is a thread about Coach Prince and the post I was replying to was about him, slick.
Stop juggling your Bally and pay attention.
Plus when you make typos like Coach "Prince" you have to have a little leeway when people ask for clarification. You've messed up the city (and technically the state) that the team is from and now you misspelled the coach's name.

Sounds like you should be the one paying attention, slick.

Plus when you make typos like Coach "Prince" you have to have a little leeway when people ask for clarification. You've messed up the city (and technically the state) that the team is from and now you misspelled the coach's name.

Sounds like you should be the one paying attention, slick.
okay Karen!

autocorrect Einstein
I could have guessed that for Coach "Prince" but when you autocorrect to another city, especially with that city being associated with another head coach, it's not unreasonable to think you might be mistaken.

Guess I certainly got under your skin pretty easily. I honestly thought you mistook Meyer for Saban and you got bothered by it. Yeesh.

Well, you both appear to be extremely negligent in your analysis. Allow me to elucidate -

These are facts in evidence -
  • 26 rated QB in the country per 24/7 which everyone on here accepts as a legit recruiting source.
  • On his recruiting profile, it lists him with having a pro grade of 4-7 round and compares him to Jacob Brisset and not surprisingly Ajanny Lee😀.
  • He had offers from the following on his 24/7 profile: Alabama, Baylor, FL, FSU, GA LSU, Michigan, Oregon, South Carolina, Tenn, UCLA all magically disappeared (what's the reason?) Scandal? Google "Sheudeur Sanders scandal" or "arrest" and no results show.
  • Listed as 61st overall recruit out of ESPN's Top 300 - http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/235812/shedeur-sanders
  • He won two state championships in Texas as mentioned previously and threw for
  • Shedeur Sanders was the 12th-rated high school quarterback in the nation last season on ESPN’s 300 board. He threw for 3,702 yards and 43 touchdowns as a senior for Trinity Christian School in Cedar Hills, Texas. Over his prep career he amassed 12,498 yards and 166 touchdowns and led his team to 47 wins.

He had a well respected draft at Jacksonville - sure many will follow
Non committable offers happens all the time. Doesn't have to be because of a scandal. Tennessee Michigan & Florida, for example, already had a QB commitment for that class that was rated higher. There might be more, those are just a few I looked at.

Timeline would suggest his best offers came early on in the recruitment. It's a fickle business, Ajanny Lee on St. Thomas had offers from Minnesota and Kansas, Minny moved on with Pharrell Payne and Kansas took their guys and ultimately St. Thomas was Lee's best option. Doesn't mean he never had the initial offers.

These are facts (some previously mentioned and some new ones via third parties, not opinions) -
  • 26 rated QB in the country per 24/7 which everyone on here accepts as a legit recruiting source.
  • On his recruiting profile, it lists him with having a pro grade of 4-7 round and compares him to Jacob Brisset and not surprisingly to Ajanny Lee😀.
  • He had offers from the following on his 24/7 profile: Alabama, Baylor, FL, FSU, GA LSU, Michigan, Oregon, South Carolina, Tenn, UCLA all magically disappeared (what's the reason?) Scandal? Google "Sheudeur Sanders scandal" or "arrest" and no results show.
  • Listed as 61st overall recruit out of ESPN's Top 300 - http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/235812/shedeur-sanders
  • Shedeur Sanders was the 12th-rated high school quarterback in the nation last season on ESPN’s 300 board. He threw for 3,702 yards and 43 touchdowns as a senior for Trinity Christian School in Cedar Hills, Texas. Over his prep career he amassed 12,498 yards and 166 touchdowns and led his team to 47 wins.
  • https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/article253897578.html
He received more than 25 scholarship offers from Power 5 schools, including Alabama, Florida, Baylor, Louisiana State, Michigan and FSU. He turned them all down and initially committed to Florida Atlantic University to play for former FSU coach Willie Taggart. When his father took the JSU job, he decided to join him.

So, if it isn't an issue with production or a character issue, what could it be then -

Shedeur committed to the Owls in the middle of July 2020, choosing FAU over Power 5 programs, and said he was drawn to the university because he wanted to play for an African American coach in Willie Taggart.

“With everything that is going on in our country, there is so much important to me,” Sanders said in July.

Pretty impressive if you ask me for an 18 yea old.

Non committable offers happens all the time. Doesn't have to be because of a scandal. Tennessee Michigan & Florida, for example, already had a QB commitment for that class that was rated higher. There might be more, those are just a few I looked at.

Shedeur committed to the Owls in the middle of July 2020, choosing FAU over Power 5 programs, and said he was drawn to the university because he wanted to play for an African American coach in Willie Taggart.

“With everything that is going on in our country, there is so much important to me,” Sanders said in July.

I don't care too much about this part of the thread, but if the above is true, then I agree that it's impressive he turned down Alabama and others to follow his convictions.

Read the whole thing bro, before you make more unfounded suppositions. I realize you may be one of those males who won't admit they're wrong on an anonymous chat board, since you do plenty of that in the domicile. If you seriously think that his best offer was Atlantic based on the FACTS below, I pray that you don't have to use your noggin to make a living - it's called Occam's Razor -the most likely reason is usually the correct one, i.e. logic.

These are facts (some previously mentioned and some new ones via third parties, not opinions) -
  • On his recruiting profile, it lists him with having a pro grade of 4-7 round and compares him to Jacob Brisset and not surprisingly to Ajanny Lee😀.
He received more than 25 scholarship offers from Power 5 schools, including Alabama, Florida, Baylor, Louisiana State, Michigan and FSU. He turned them all down and initially committed to Florida Atlantic University to play for former FSU coach Willie Taggart. When his father took the JSU job, he decided to join him.

So, if it isn't an issue with production or a character issue, what could it be then -

You'd think that there'd be some excitement surrounding the team. Nope. The look on the players faces says it all. Sanders comes in and tells the players that they don't matter and they should consider leaving. Real dickhead move.
I agree that the there's a new sheriff in town approach isn't exactly the approach a conventional coach would/ should use, but there may be a method to his madness. He might be looking for guys that crave pressure. Pressure either makes a pipe burst, or diamonds...

Maybe I misinterpreted his message, but it appeared to me to be the old: "If you don't like the way this program is run, leave now. No condemnation, just leave now. Tomorrow won't be any easier..." (or some variation).

Like some, I am very interested to see if his 'strategy' works.

Read the whole thing bro, before you make more unfounded suppositions. I realize you may be one of those males who won't admit they're wrong on an anonymous chat board, since you do plenty of that in the domicile. If you seriously think that his best offer was Atlantic based on the FACTS below, I pray that you don't have to use your noggin to make a living - it's called Occam's Razor -the most likely reason is usually the correct one, i.e. logic.

No you're right. It's absolutely a fact that he could have committed to every single one of those programs and it is common for programs to take 2 or even 3 QBs in one recruiting class.

I have little doubt some of those offers were still committable but I also have little doubt some were not.

I don't care too much about this part of the thread, but if the above is true, then I agree that it's impressive he turned down Alabama and others to follow his convictions.
Just give him his due!
Based on all the data supplied, why wouldn't he have better offers - when anyone presents that data, it's incumbent upon the person disputing it to say more than well lots of offers aren't committable or get pulled. H was ESPN's 12 ranked QB and threw for 12K yards!

I think some on here have Prime (got it right this time!!) bias: I don't think it's cool to throw unnecessary shade on his son, because you don't like his old man.

I hope he lights it up next year!!

Does anyone else think that Sanders in only there for four years, tops?
Continue a losing trend...he's fired.
Win...then Colorado is a stepping stone for someplace bigger.
Maybe he takes an nfl coaching job wherever his kid gets drafted?

You make a solid case. Going back to Colorado's Bill McCartney days they have had a few QB's with great arms that could pull it down and run. Not sure how he'll do, but he doesn't appear to be the worst fit. With a dynamic TE and a solid run game, he might do very well.

Sound familiar?

I think the opposite actually. If Sanders' recruiting was just marginally better than the other SWAC teams, that would imply his coaching is what lead them to a great, undefeated season. But when he gets the recruits you mentioned, like Hunter last year, wouldn't that blur the lines between whether it's talent or coaching?

This is my logic:

IF you're roster is on par with the rest of conference, and you go undefeated, it's probably coaching.

IF you're roster is noticeably better than the rest of the conference, then it could be coaching, OR it could just be out-talenting the other team.

You see a flaw in that?
🤷 Agree to disagree, getting the number one recruit in the nation to Jackson State tells me he can recruit well at Boulder.

Top Bottom