Deion Sanders Replaces Mike Sanford as Head Coach at Colorado | Tim Brewster Likely Lead Assistant

Glad the series is over. Playing Coach Kill again was enough "former Gophers coaches" drama for me.

Prime Time and Brew will bring some talent to Boulder. Perhaps quickly. Transfer portal will be very active for them, I expect. This year and next, the NCAA's 25 player cap on new entrants is waived, so long as you keep the 85 player scholarship count. A lot of transfers out at Colorado could allow Deion and Brew to bring on a class (HS + Transfers) of beyond 30 players. Like Nebraska did last year with 32 new players. Wait ... never mind.

Primetime going to Colorado is already a success because people are at least talking about Colorado football in a positive light. Deion will get talent there. it may take another coach to actually start winning there, but I think it is a smart choice for where the program was at.

Primetime going to Colorado is already a success because people are at least talking about Colorado football in a positive light. Deion will get talent there. it may take another coach to actually start winning there, but I think it is a smart choice for where the program was at.
I do agree with that.

I wonder about Deion's interest in the daily grind that is required of Division 1 coaches. He might be more splash than substance.

I wonder about Deion's interest in the daily grind that is required of Division 1 coaches. He might be more splash than substance.
I think it will be interesting to see how he handles the more intense spotlight that will come with a power 5 job. He got a lot of attention at Jackson State but it isn't the same kind of scrutiny he will get in the Big 12.

Some people believe Colorado has the least talent of any Power 5 schools on their roster.
Will Deion make them Bowl eligible in year 1?

Somehow? Prior to Deion becoming the coach, the Colorado team is at #41 in team recruiting on 247. Minnesota is at #43 for perspective Will Deion flip a bunch of guys and move up in the next few days?

Pretty sure they do well in the portal.

Some people believe Colorado has the least talent of any Power 5 schools on their roster.
Will Deion make them Bowl eligible in year 1?

Somehow? Prior to Deion becoming the coach, the Colorado team is at #41 in team recruiting on 247. Minnesota is at #43 for perspective Will Deion flip a bunch of guys and move up in the next few days?

Pretty sure they do well in the portal.
I feel like it should be easy to recruit to Colorado. Beautiful campus, near Denver, good school.

Has to be a sad day at Jackson though. It was pretty tough when Jerry Kill left Northern Illinois as well.

I think it will be interesting to see how he handles the more intense spotlight that will come with a power 5 job. He got a lot of attention at Jackson State but it isn't the same kind of scrutiny he will get in the Big 12.

Pac 12....at least for now.

And I wish this would have happened one year earlier. Would have been fun to have Deion coach at the Bank.

Rumor on twitter is 200 portal players and recruits have reached out including many 4 and 5 star players and the NIL dollars are flowing. Saw it on Reddit FWIW

Wonder if Sanford will get the boot!?

Watching Coach Prime’s conference not only brought me smile but man am I pumped up for Colorado! Good for them!

Good hire, hope he does well there, nowhere to go but up. REally enjoyed his 60 minutes interview a month ago.

They play a few games against the Big 12 in the coming years (TCU, Houston), but outside of those I don't think he'll get much scrutiny from the Big 12.

Not impressed with him coming in, meeting with the team and telling everyone to hit the portal and his son was going to be the QB. I would say he is off to a bad start - we will see how this goes...

Not impressed with him coming in, meeting with the team and telling everyone to hit the portal and his son was going to be the QB. I would say he is off to a bad start - we will see how this goes...
Nah…he’s just being him…

He’s not your usuall football coach

He likes glamor, fame, attention, money, but he also show results. He’s Deion man! PRIME TIME!

He’s already got several 4⭐️ and 5⭐️ recruits in 24 hours because he said in his conference that these star players comes with demands and he will give them that and that the entire Colorado nation need to give these star players that.

The entire time Prime has a camera crew around his football program like a reality TV show. Telling you, he ain’t your normal coach but he’ll get results.

The type of money Colorado is dumping on Prime is nuts and they trust him and betting on him big time! It’ll be interesting to watch for sure.

Prime coaching style is like Trump taking over Washington back in 2016! Buckle up y’all, it’s Prime Time!

Safe to say he'll win more than the previous guy, but winning at a P5 school is different than Deion's previous gig. Plus, seems like there's a good chance he'll bolt from CU for a bigger name program within a few years.

Sanders will kill it at Colorado. Glad Nebraska didnt get him.
Heard his staff fielded over 200 Transfer Portal calls over the weekend. I agree, he will get some great talent to Boulder. However.....

Coaching an FCS with 8 or so great talented individuals is a lot different from coaching a Power 5 school. You can build a powerhouse with those individuals in FCS. But, being the CEO (that's what a Power 5 coach is) is completely different. There is a balancing act of school politics, depth, prima donna personalities, and academics. A completely different job.

I wish him the best. He's hit the ground running, but if things go south in Boulder, there will be little patience for Prime Time. Looking at it practically, I think 3 tumultuous years and then he's gone.

Nah…he’s just being him…

He’s not your usuall football coach

He likes glamor, fame, attention, money, but he also show results. He’s Deion man! PRIME TIME!

He’s already got several 4⭐️ and 5⭐️ recruits in 24 hours because he said in his conference that these star players comes with demands and he will give them that and that the entire Colorado nation need to give these star players that.

The entire time Prime has a camera crew around his football program like a reality TV show. Telling you, he ain’t your normal coach but he’ll get results.

The type of money Colorado is dumping on Prime is nuts and they trust him and betting on him big time! It’ll be interesting to watch for sure.

Prime coaching style is like Trump taking over Washington back in 2016! Buckle up y’all, it’s Prime Time!
Comes in hot with a lot of swag and no class.

Sanders goes TCU, Nebraska, Colorado State to open for non-conference.

Top Bottom