Deion Sanders Replaces Mike Sanford as Head Coach at Colorado | Tim Brewster Likely Lead Assistant

No sure things. Everyone thought Frost was going to kill it at Nebraska.
I agree. I think he has a very good chance at having things go like they did for Frost. Both of these guys won at a lower level while fielding a team of athletes that were athletically superior to the rest of the teams in their conference.

How much of an X's and O's coach is Coach Prime? Seems to me he coached his son in high school, which doesn't say a whole lot, then got the head gig at an HBCU where he just out-talented everyone. So does he have a strategy?

Safe to say he'll win more than the previous guy, but winning at a P5 school is different than Deion's previous gig. Plus, seems like there's a good chance he'll bolt from CU for a bigger name program within a few years.

Deion has some similarities to PJ and one major one is that they are going to do things their way and they're not for everyone. Minnesota is allowing PJ to do things his way, and Colorado is doing the same thing with Deion. I think that limits both from eventually taking higher profile jobs who want more control over the HC.

Deion will do a lot of good things, especially on the recruiting trail, but if they struggle on the field he will have his detractors who can't wait to tell him that he doesn't know what he's doing at this level. It will be fascinating to see how it plays out.

Deion has some similarities to PJ and one major one is that they are going to do things their way and they're not for everyone. Minnesota is allowing PJ to do things his way, and Colorado is doing the same thing with Deion. I think that limits both from eventually taking higher profile jobs who want more control over the HC.

Deion will do a lot of good things, especially on the recruiting trail, but if they struggle on the field he will have his detractors who can't wait to tell him that he doesn't know what he's doing at this level. It will be fascinating to see how it plays out.
I hope he succeeds. Don’t know much about him but am told there is real substance below the showman persona.

Not impressed with him coming in, meeting with the team and telling everyone to hit the portal and his son was going to be the QB. I would say he is off to a bad start - we will see how this goes...
His son was a 4 star recruit out of HS with offers from Bama, FL & FSU amongst others snd is considered a huge upgrade over the QBs on CO roster from this past season.
He’s thrown for over 3600 yards, 36 TDs and only 6 picks.

His son was a 4 star recruit out of HS with offers from Bama, FL & FSU amongst others snd is considered a huge upgrade over the QBs on CO roster from this past season.
He’s thrown for over 3600 yards, 36 TDs and only 6 picks.
I have to wonder how many of those offers were committable. Most came early before his junior year. He originally committed to Florida Atlantic before switching to Jackson St.

I have to wonder how many of those offers were committable. Most came early before his junior year. He originally committed to Florida Atlantic before switching to Jackson St.
Yeah there have been more than one of those anomalies. Schools can’t openly talk about recruits so a student can claim an offer is still there and nobody would know.

Some recruits have straight up lied…

Does anyone else think that Sanders in only there for four years, tops?
Continue a losing trend...he's fired.
Win...then Colorado is a stepping stone for someplace bigger.

Does anyone else think that Sanders in only there for four years, tops?
Continue a losing trend...he's fired.
Win...then Colorado is a stepping stone for someplace bigger.
It’s more of a gamble hire for sure. A program down in the dumps seems like the only P5 who would take that chance.

Why wouldn’t they have been? I got the info from his 24/7 profile bro. How do u know when he was offered btw?

The numbers he’s put up are impressive no matter what level you play at.

Here’s his recruiting profile. Won 2 state championships and was ranked 26 QB by 24/7.

Why wouldn’t they have been? I got the info from his 24/7 profile bro. Lot of haters up in here.

Here’s his recruiting profile. Won 2 state championships and was ranked 26 QB by 24/7.
It happens all the time. Schools offer someone when they're young, then pull the offer.

You don't think that's at least possible with him originally committing to Florida Atlantic? All the big offers came very early. Just stating a possibility isn't being a hater. I pulled up his info after your post as I was interested and that's what I noticed.

I think he'll do pretty well by year 3 but then bolt for a bigger job. I just don't see a school like Colorado being his end goal.

I will add that they both add pressure and seek athletes that can perform under pressure. "Wanna play in the NFL? Okay. Show me what ya got".

The AD acknowledging that they don't currently have the money to pay him was one of the more bizarre things i've heard in a while....

My prediction is Shadeur the QB will struggle at first. I've seen a few of his games and highlights and he's not going to have WR's wide-open like at Jackson State.

I understand what you're saying. But Deion Sanders?...sticking around Colorado? Do the lights shine bright enough for him in that high altitude.
Only he knows. Money and support if he does well might be enough to keep him in Boulder. I think he knows that Colorado is a rare opportunity. Perhaps it's enough for him to be loyal.

Not impressed with him coming in, meeting with the team and telling everyone to hit the portal and his son was going to be the QB. I would say he is off to a bad start - we will see how this goes...
I know it's his kid and the NCAA doesn't enforce anything anymore, but how is that not a recruiting violation? He's still on the Jackson State roster.

I agree. I think he has a very good chance at having things go like they did for Frost. Both of these guys won at a lower level while fielding a team of athletes that were athletically superior to the rest of the teams in their conference.

How much of an X's and O's coach is Coach Prime? Seems to me he coached his son in high school, which doesn't say a whole lot, then got the head gig at an HBCU where he just out-talented everyone. So does he have a strategy?
When you're in a talent acquisition business out talenting people is the name of the game. Saban doesn't win because he's some X's O's guru. He's got the best players year in and year out.

If Sanders can keep convincing talent to come that is a great strategy.

When you're in a talent acquisition business out talenting people is the name of the game. Saban doesn't win because he's some X's O's guru. He's got the best players year in and year out.

If Sanders can keep convincing talent to come that is a great strategy.
He's also allowed to hire quality assistant coaches, if I understand the rules.

Colorado players running to the portal after introduction speech by Sanders
Kill was an anomaly by honouring all of the incoming freshman's scholarships and playing with the hand he was dealt rosterwise. Without a 25 man cap anymore it's in Sanders's best interest to gut the roster and take a boat load of transfers.

Kill was an anomaly by honouring all of the incoming freshman's scholarships and playing with the hand he was dealt rosterwise. Without a 25 man cap anymore it's in Sanders's best interest to gut the roster and take a boat load of transfers.
Are there any rules that prohibit Sanders from cutting scholarships out from under existing players?

Are there any rules that prohibit Sanders from cutting scholarships out from under existing players?
I knew Big Ten guarantees scholarships if you get them as a freshman -- apparently Pac-12 does too

I knew Big Ten guarantees scholarships if you get them as a freshman -- apparently Pac-12 does too

He mentioned in his video he will be running people out. (on there own I assume) I wonder if this also makes CO more valuable when the next round of realignment occurs.

Why wouldn’t they have been? I got the info from his 24/7 profile bro. How do u know when he was offered btw?

Timeline would suggest his best offers came early on in the recruitment. It's a fickle business, Ajanny Lee on St. Thomas had offers from Minnesota and Kansas, Minny moved on with Pharrell Payne and Kansas took their guys and ultimately St. Thomas was Lee's best option. Doesn't mean he never had the initial offers.

Timeline would suggest his best offers came early on in the recruitment. It's a fickle business, Ajanny Lee on St. Thomas had offers from Minnesota and Kansas, Minny moved on with Pharrell Payne and Kansas took their guys and ultimately St. Thomas was Lee's best option. Doesn't mean he never had the initial offers.

So your premise, is that he went to FLA Atlantic because all of his high D1 offers got pulled (if no, then clearly state your supposition in one sentence).

It happens all the time. Schools offer someone when they're young, then pull the offer.

You don't think that's at least possible with him originally committing to Florida Atlantic? All the big offers came very early. Just stating a possibility isn't being a hater. I pulled up his info after your post as I was interested and that's what I noticed.
So your premise, is that he went to FLA Atlantic because all of his high D1 offers got pulled (if no, then clearly state your supposition in one sentence).

Top Bottom