Deion Sanders Replaces Mike Sanford as Head Coach at Colorado | Tim Brewster Likely Lead Assistant

What if the entire team banded together and entered the portal because of what Prime said to them? Could he pull in an entire new team?
And the transfers begin...

Colorado QB Owen McCown enters portal following Sanders hire​

I think we should wait for an actual recruiting class before crowning him the recruiting king. His style is going to be a massive turn off for plenty of players.

I coach youth football in south metro Denver and have one of my boys a walk on QB at CU. Hope he gets to stay

"In college football, you either get elevated or terminated". Would be surprised if he stays in Colorado for five years plus. With USC, UCLA, and possibly others leaving, his chances look good in Pac12. I think he will jump to the SEC or B10 before the end of the decade. Love coach prime, more power to him.
I agree -- he will be gone in 3 years but don't count out Florida St. -- that is the job he really wants and if there is an opening he will want it bad.

I agree -- he will be gone in 3 years but don't count out Florida St. -- that is the job he really wants and if there is an opening he will want it bad.
Deion’s buyout is 15, 10, 8, then it goes to 5 million. I think he will have success but he’ll need a school with a big booster to move.

Michigan State ponied up for Tucker so it may not even be a factor but it will require big money and Colorado being good, I’d say.

Sanders is simply Coaching while his kid is playing. Most of us have done this…except not at his level. Middle school soccer rt here.

Not sure how that makes him look any better. If he's going to push out a bunch of players, there's a better way of doing it than in a video promoting himself.
But God sent him, so he has license to do whatever he wants.

God sure has changed up his delivery. 2,000+ years ago He sent arguably the most important person in human history as a baby born in a barn who didn't make a peep, was surrounded by cattle and was on a mission to save humanity. In 2022 he sends in a redeemer with base thumping music, snazzy clothes, relentless self-promotion and telling everyone they basically suck to save a single football program.

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

🙃

Like the gopher basketball team did to Ben? Well, it would not be good
The way I see this whole thing going is kind of a mirror to when Lou Holtz came here. They win 4 games next year, 6 the next and then he moves on to somewhere flashier like a USC or Florida St. and then leaves them just when things are looking promising. It looks great now -- but you know it isn't going to end well. He probably sticks around just long enough for his kid to be the starting QB.

Deion’s buyout is 15, 10, 8, then it goes to 5 million. I think he will have success but he’ll need a school with a big booster to move.

Michigan State ponied up for Tucker so it may not even be a factor but it will require big money and Colorado being good, I’d say.
I think they will improve the team with an initial burst of quality recruiting - but it takes time, too. He will stick around long enough to get his kid through as the starting QB, after that he has no loyalty to Colorado. This is all about him - I think it will be similar to when Lou Holtz came here -- he wins 4 games the first year, 6 the next and then jumps to a flashier program if his kid goes to the NFL.

And the transfers begin...

Colorado QB Owen McCown enters portal following Sanders hire​

Of COURSE!! Sanders has already given the starting QB job to his son. McCown has zero chance.

But God sent him, so he has license to do whatever he wants.

God sure has changed up his delivery. 2,000+ years ago He sent arguably the most important person in human history as a baby born in a barn who didn't make a peep, was surrounded by cattle and was on a mission to save humanity. In 2022 he sends in a redeemer with base thumping music, snazzy clothes, relentless self-promotion and telling everyone they basically suck to save a single football program.

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

🙃

I feel like if God was on twitter he'd be sending a lot of these:

Bro shut up. Don't drag me into your shit!

Mike Zimmer announced in several places as the new DC at Colorado.

What an asshat:

Good for Coach Prime. I think he'll do pretty well in Boulder, they'll be infinitely more in the spotlight and national discussion than they have been in 25+ years.

People want honesty, people want politically correct. Those don't always align, tough cookies. Sure he was abrupt about it but people want honesty from their leadership (go figure). Why would you lie to these kids who don't have a chance to play with an influx of new talent coming in?

People cry nonstop about wanting honesty, then when they hear it, they bitch about that. I heard a wise man one time once say (albeit this was 100% in jest), if someone tells you something that you want to hear, they're probably lying to you

I didn't read the last 6 pages but I'm still wondering where Mike Sanford is going to fail upward to.

Good for Coach Prime. I think he'll do pretty well in Boulder, they'll be infinitely more in the spotlight and national discussion than they have been in 25+ years.

People want honesty, people want politically correct. Those don't always align, tough cookies. Sure he was abrupt about it but people want honesty from their leadership (go figure). Why would you lie to these kids who don't have a chance to play with an influx of new talent coming in?

People cry nonstop about wanting honesty, then when they hear it, they bitch about that. I heard a wise man one time once say (albeit this was 100% in jest), if someone tells you something that you want to hear, they're probably lying to you
I don't think there's a problem with honesty. I'm just not sure that would be how I'd do my first meeting. While he thinks he's going to bring in a bunch of better players, he's still going to need a bunch of those guys as well. He can't bring in 85 new scholarship players in one year.

I don't think there's a problem with honesty. I'm just not sure that would be how I'd do my first meeting. While he thinks he's going to bring in a bunch of better players, he's still going to need a bunch of those guys as well. He can't bring in 85 new scholarship players in one year.
I'm not a patient man. I'm impulsive and outspoken and frequently put my foot in my mouth. But in my 42 years I've learned that sometimes you need to pace yourself and realize that change in big organizations that depend on other people going along with your plans doesn't happen at the snap of your fingers. That's true if you want to change government policy, your team's roster, or the menu at your local breakfast place.

Top Bottom