Culture Counts: Deion Sanders chaotic culture turns into locker room violence in Colorado

It’s being reported that the special teams coordinator is leaving right before the season.

It’s being reported that the special teams coordinator is leaving right before the season.
Before Colorado he was an NFL player, student assistant and graduate assistant.

Not the most qualified candidate.

Before Colorado he was an NFL player, student assistant and graduate assistant.

Not the most qualified candidate.
Deion must have thought he was since he brought him with from Jackson State and elevated him to coordinator. Either way, not a good look to begin the season.

What a difference a year makes. Last year it was all about Sanders and the excitement he was drumming up for the Colorado program.....then they face planted and played terrible and much of the shine went away.

New Big 12 is pretty weak without Texas and Oklahoma. Might translate to more wins for them but most of the publicity around the program is pretty negative these days. Shocking that coming in and blowing up everything while promoting your son didn't work.....shocking.

What a difference a year makes. Last year it was all about Sanders and the excitement he was drumming up for the Colorado program.....then they face planted and played terrible and much of the shine went away.

New Big 12 is pretty weak without Texas and Oklahoma. Might translate to more wins for them but most of the publicity around the program is pretty negative these days. Shocking that coming in and blowing up everything while promoting your son didn't work.....shocking.
Even if the conference is weaker, I think a lack of discipline through poor coaching is going rear it's ugly head and bite them in the ass, making games that are supposed to be easier on paper much, much harder to win. Basically the same as last year.

"You paid me $90,000 a year and let me handle special teams. I did all this work in your name and was told to pursue it. I burned through all my contacts in my Mormon community, which is worth about $3 trillion. Now, I can't get these people to answer my calls because I just found out today that none of my endeavors will happen.

"I even went to Saudi Arabia and got a meeting with the Saudis, who were interested in pursuing business. I have email receipts to prove it, and you guys let it fall flat on its face."
what the fuck….

I have like $30 million coming from a Saudi prince too. Got an email the other day. Only had to send them $2,000 to get the $30 million back. What a deal! He must really like me, probably sees how good of a poster I am on gopherhole.

"This guy is the real deal, I think I'll share some of my vast wealth with him".

I have like $30 million coming from a Saudi prince too. Got an email the other day. Only had to send them $2,000 to get the $30 million back. What a deal! He must really like me, probably sees how good of a poster I am on gopherhole.

"This guy is the real deal, I think I'll share some of my vast wealth with him".
I think we have a movie treatment with this. Gold!

If true, Sanders has not class and this is a race to the bottom. Imagine requesting money from this murderous' misogynistic Saudi regime. I cannot imagine the CU administration gave approval to this.

If true, Sanders has not class and this is a race to the bottom. Imagine requesting money from this murderous' misogynistic Saudi regime. I cannot imagine the CU administration gave approval to this.
The one thing Deion can win as a coach is a race to the bottom. Head clown of the Colorado clown show.

Bruce Lee of bullshit. That will be an all time classic. Maybe it already was and I just crawled out of a cave, but that's funny. Fitting.

Really don’t know how you could look at Colorado at this point and think you want your kid to go there to play football. The only guys with draft potential are all Deion’s kids (the real ones and Hunter) and he (and his staff) hasn’t shown that they can develop anyone with what they’re currently doing.
I would think it’d be a nightmare to play football there.

Never did I think I would cheer for NDSU after sitting close to those assholes when they beat us in Kill's first year; but next week I might watch with my face painted green and yellow.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people in College Admin & PR are clueless about the details they provide. By now highlighting these phrases to the media, which we now know infuriate Deion and the Colo Admin, they have now heightened the awareness. The use of these phrases in association with Deion will now blow up in Social Media as people know they get under his skin. Not that I'm worried about Prime's thin skin.

Last edited:

It never ceases to amaze me how some people are clueless (even those in the media like the Denver Post) about the use and effect of social media. By now highlighting these phrases, which we now know infuriate Deion and the Colo Admin, they have now heightened the awareness. The use of these phrases in association with Deion will now blow up as people know they get under his skin.
It would be hilarious if some coach either pregame or postgame called him one of those lines

It would be hilarious if some coach either pregame or postgame called him one of those lines
That's not impossible as last year Dan Lanning (Oregon) took several shots at Deion and some of the things Colo was doing in social media. However, Oregon proceeded to pummel them in the game and Deion was actually smart and pretty much took his lumps and didn't come back with much.

I disagree, don't give Sanders any ammo to play the victim. Just go out and beat the crap out of his team of mercenaries on the field. Colorado has become a very easy team to root against with all the BS surrounding their program under Coach Prime.

Never did I think I would cheer for NDSU after sitting close to those assholes when they beat us in Kill's first year; but next week I might watch with my face painted green and yellow.
Bold move with that game being on at the same time as the Gopher game.

Top Bottom