Culture Counts: Deion Sanders chaotic culture turns into locker room violence in Colorado

Jerry did his job but as far as political and administration stuff…. I think Jerry has proven that’s not his skill….
The stress of wearing two hats may have led to the seizure that forced him to step down. He helped bring the Athletic Village to the finish line.

The stress of wearing two hats may have led to the seizure that forced him to step down. He helped bring the Athletic Village to the finish line.
Jerry wasn't wearing any AD administrative hats.

They put a football AD between Jerry and the AD because he didn't get along with them, and his history has shown, that's not his thing.

It has worked well for him, he has made millions, while highlighting his kid who started his career at a HBU team. He did this to give his kid the opportunity at the Pros. He will move on to his next business project after his kid graduates.

Last edited:

It has worked well for him, he has made millions, while highlighting his kid who started his carrier at a HBU team. He did this to give his kid the opportunity at the Pros. He will move on to his next business project after his kid graduates.
Acting like the HBU was his only option is facetious. He had offers from the likes of Bama, FSU, etc and could’ve played wherever he wanted and was reviewed as a future NFLer on his 247 profile. They instead acted like they were doing it for the black community and left them high and dry.

Acting like the HBU was his only option is facetious. He had offers from the likes of Bama, FSU, etc and could’ve played wherever he wanted and was reviewed as a future NFLer on his 247 profile. They instead acted like they were doing it for the black community and left them high and dry.
I don't think his recruiting profile has anything to do with this, TB is talking about Deion the coach, not the player if I understand the post correctly

Last edited:

I don't think his recruiting profile has anything to do with this, TB is taking about Deion the coach, not the player if I understand the post correctly
He said he highlighted his kid who started his career at an hbu. Shedeur had offers to literally play everywhere and did just fine highlighting himself (for better or worse). He would’ve played everywhere (and maybe gotten better tutelage to move onto the next level starting earlier). The one who is a safety also will get drafted irrespective of having his dad as his head coach. Just like the dozens and dozens of kids of former nfl kids have when they have the talent. Deion did this all for Deion and his brand.

He said he highlighted his kid who started his career at an hbu. Shedeur had offers to literally play everywhere and did just fine highlighting himself (for better or worse). He would’ve played everywhere (and maybe gotten better tutelage to move onto the next level starting earlier). The one who is a safety also will get drafted irrespective of having his dad as his head coach. Just like the dozens and dozens of kids of former nfl kids have when they have the talent. Deion did this all for Deion and his brand.
I misread your previous post, I thought you were referencing Deion when was a player, not Shedeur.

Jerry Kill to CU??? I can see it. ‘They called me. I was enjoying my current role.’

He started at the HBU because that was his best option at the time. His dad gave him the keys to the car and it has worked out for them.

Jerry Kill to CU??? I can see it. ‘They called me. I was enjoying my current role.’
I get the feeling Jerry would have to pull a Sanders in the sense that he'd have to kick most of the team ... off the team if only because of the type of folks Sanders wants / people who are ok with how he does things are not the type of people Jerry would want...

Spot on.

He started at the HBU because that was his best option at the time. His dad gave him the keys to the car and it has worked out for them.
Give it a rest. It wasn't his "best" option - it was the only option where his dad could be the head coach. Not only was it for Deion, but then Deion can pretty much control any QB competition. Do you think he'd recruit someone that might take his son's spot? Nope. But the P5 schools would have continued to recruit QBs.

God told him to kick the HBU to the side of the road.

I'm not a fan of Deion and was very skeptical of the Colorado move, but I'm not sure it's fair to say that he left Jackson State "high and dry". Brought them a ton of attention and took them to two of their best seasons in the history of the program. I'd guess that they're in a better place now than before he took over.

I get the feeling Jerry would have to pull a Sanders in the sense that he'd have to kick most of the team ... off the team if only because of the type of folks Sanders wants / people who are ok with how he does things are not the type of people Jerry would want...
Never happen in a million years but holy crap that would be a contrast in styles. :)

I'm not a fan of Deion and was very skeptical of the Colorado move, but I'm not sure it's fair to say that he left Jackson State "high and dry". Brought them a ton of attention and took them to two of their best seasons in the history of the program. I'd guess that they're in a better place now than before he took over.
It’s all over the athletic. They were very unhappy when he left, as was the whole of the HBCU community.

Give it a rest. It wasn't his "best" option - it was the only option where his dad could be the head coach. Not only was it for Deion, but then Deion can pretty much control any QB competition. Do you think he'd recruit someone that might take his son's spot? Nope. But the P5 schools would have continued to recruit QBs.
Like I said, it was his best option.

It’s all over the athletic. They were very unhappy when he left, as was the whole of the HBCU community.

Well yeah I can imagine. They got a ton of publicity while he was there. But they could not have expected someone like Sanders to sit still at an HBCU for very long. That's not who the guy is. He wants attention.....and could get more of it at a P5 program.

Last year they went 7-4, which is better than how the team was doing in the 6 years prior to Deion taking over, but it's hard to say if that will hold or continue to trend down.

Historically for Jackson State, that 6 year stretch was really bad and they cycled through 3 different HCs. From 2006-2013 Rick Comegy had them at a .611 win percentage. That was proceeded by a .258 from 2003-2005 by James Bell, however from 1971 to 2002 the 4 HCs that coached there all ended their time there with > .68 winning percentages.

At the very least, Deion seemed to get them out of a slump of bad coaches, but it's only been 1 year so that could change. It's possible that once the recruits Deion brought in that stayed at Jackson State leave/graduate that Jackson State will find themselves back in that slump.

It’s still a little surreal Colorado hired this person as their face/player role model. He’s been described as a “father figure” by some. Interesting family.

He is definitely getting those social media engagement numbers up. Buff fans are circling the wagons for 2024. Hope springs eternal as the jury is still out on the Prime leadership model. Let’s see what happens.

Top Bottom