Culture Counts: Deion Sanders chaotic culture turns into locker room violence in Colorado

Can you say: Johnny Manziel
Manziel is a great example of a player that couldn't handle the outside distractions. Could definitely see Sanders going a similar route.

As I said before, I'm just glad the Vikings won't be tempted to bring him on board after drafting a QB as high as they did last year.

Will be shocked if he isn't a bust at the next level.

What an absolute 🤡🤡🤡 show.
Completely. The University of Colorado's Admin & Boosters have bought into Deion's 3 Ring Circus lock stock and barrel. So, if they want to go down this road and allow themselves to become a national laughing stock then have at it. Once Shedeur and Travis Hunter head off to the NFL, Deion will be lucky to win his 3 Non-Conf games next year. This will be an interesting ESPN 360 episode in about 5 yrs.

Fairness in savagery....Deion claims the band story is made up. But it is telling that most of us just assumed the story was true because it felt so on brand with the sh!tshow that Colorado has been under Coach Prime.

I’m curious if Colorado has earned much more than the contract assigned to neon Deion. Colorado really had nothing to lose, I’d have assume the exposure, ticket/concession sales, and much more have brought a hefty sum back.

Real interesting thing will be once Sanders leaves, how long will the rebound take to even get back to where they were before sanders

Shilo Sanders to Nebraska players at the coin toss prior to 28-10 loss: “We about to roll your asses.”

A few minutes later the Nebraska RB would CHOSE (he admits it was a decision to lay a hit on someone) to run straight into Shilo rather than avoid him ... and break his arm.

It's in the first play here:

The kid is talented so someone is going to spend a high draft pick on him. What happens when he gets to the league is anyone's guess. Could be a great QB or could be the next case of a highly touted player that flames out quickly due to off the field issues....if I had to bet I would go with option #2 as I think he will be a trainwreck at the NFL level for whatever team gets him.
So you would put this guy in charge of your offense and 10 other guys? And pay millions? Hmmm.

Manziel is a great example of a player that couldn't handle the outside distractions.
I wonder if he was just a little ahead of his time. When he got drafted, he was expected to transition over to NFL-style QB play, which wasn't going to work for him. But if someone customized an offense around his talents and abilities like the Ravens did for Jackson, I could see Manziel doing something on a rookie contract. Look what Hurts did in Philly on a rookie contract with those other players around him (solid o-line, good D, etc.).

I wonder if he was just a little ahead of his time. When he got drafted, he was expected to transition over to NFL-style QB play, which wasn't going to work for him. But if someone customized an offense around his talents and abilities like the Ravens did for Jackson, I could see Manziel doing something on a rookie contract. Look what Hurts did in Philly on a rookie contract with those other players around him (solid o-line, good D, etc.).
I think he was tqlented enough, but temptation and addiction would’ve destroyed him either way

I think he was tqlented enough, but temptation and addiction would’ve destroyed him either way
The story with him too is that he had no clue how to read defenses or study playbooks. He just lived off of talent but couldn't anymore in the NFL.

That wouldn’t surprise me nor that he wouldn’t have the desire to do the work to get better at it
It was Merril Hoge that was came out saying he wouldn't draft him anywhere close to the 1st round. And he ended up being spot on. I saw an interview of Hoge just a few years ago talking talking about that Manziel was once asked what he learned in his redshirt year at Texas A&M. His answer was "Nothing because I redshirted".

The story with him too is that he had no clue how to read defenses or study playbooks. He just lived off of talent but couldn't anymore in the NFL.
That makes a lot of sense. You can get by on talent to a large degree in high school and even college...the pro game is a whole different story though. Everyone at that level is an elite talent so the guys that make it are the ones that can do all the other things needed to succeed.

Gotta be the Prime effect!

A suspect in a hit-and-run crash was arrested Thursday night after driving his truck onto the playing field at Colorado's Folsom Field.

Police in Boulder, Colorado, said they received a call reporting multiple hit-and-run crashes involving the same blue pickup truck near Foothills Parkway and Arapahoe Avenue, about 1.5 miles away from the stadium. The truck struck several trees and a car as he fled, and nearly struck a witness at the scene.

Both Boulder police and university police tried to stop the driver before he rammed into a gate to Folsom Field, stopping the truck near the 40-yard line, along the visitors' sideline. After negotiating with police, the driver got out of his truck and surrendered.

Boulder police identified the suspect as Karl E. Haglund, 48, from Massachusetts. He will be booked in Boulder County Jail on several charges, including three counts of leaving a scene of a crash after damage, criminal attempt vehicular assault, reckless endangerment, driving without insurance and trespassing.

No one on campus was injured following the incident, a university spokesman told ESPN.

I love that this is the shitshow we knew it would be. It was obvious to everyone that actually paid attention and didn't just go all-sycophant. This will only get worse.

All we heard from the paid network spokespeople during the pre-show and (at least early in the ) game was "definite top 5 pick," "All-American talent," "best QB in the draft".

Todd Marinovich. Maybe worse. I can't see any way this guy goes until late in the draft.
As long as The Raiders exist there is a chance!

This is with any coaches today. They take players, the new coach will bring players and they will be fine. Ticket sales will plummet however.
The next coach there is going to be someone with little name power...probably a MAC level guy. Whatever players he brings aren't likely to be better than the players that leave. Obviously it could work (we have seen it first hand) but likely not.

So you would put this guy in charge of your offense and 10 other guys? And pay millions? Hmmm.
So you would read what he said and think it in any way said what you purported it to say? And went at him about it? Hmmm.

Top Bottom