Chanhassen OT Frank Ragnow is going to Arkansas

What school do you think Frank Ragnow announces on Friday?

• Minnesota

Votes: 87 56.9%
  • Arkansas

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Florida State

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meh...repeating what I have said twice before...would have loved to have him but not a huge loss. He isn't a top 100 type recruit at a position of need. Still more excited about the two recent WR commits, JJ & the potential commits left on our board.

If Arkansas is promising early playing time at center and that is his path to the NFL, best of luck, I won't be watching regardless unless he gets drafted by the Vikes in a few years.

I think he would have helped quite a bit. I only say that because we only brought in 1 OL scholarship player last season and I don't know anything about Weyler or Rasmussen. Connor Mayes helps a lot but it's nice to have big/strong and talented guys in the pipeline. We'll be fine, but he would have been one of our better recruits.

I think he's one of the few sensible people to post so far.

He hasn't said a single sensible thing. His entire point is that we shouldn't have opinions on people who don't care about those opinions.

For instance, if you typed "Leidner should have passed the ball to Jones on that play". By his logic today, he would have to respond "Do you really think Leidner cares who maroonedinCA thinks he should pass the ball to?" See, it's idiotic. It's why he's simply trolling and not attempting to discuss anything.

I think he's one of the few sensible people to post so far.

Oh good, our resident badger fan chimes in.
What say you oh great and intelligent badger? Mad frank didn't choose to spend 5 years getting wasted in Madison?

Is it really that hard for these families just to announce where they are going without all the drama? Especially after the Travis deal. Maybe they belong in Arkansas. JP Macura sent out a tweet on a Monday night that he made his decision for basketball. Called 3 head coaches ...let them know and sent a tweet out at about 10:30 on a Monday night. Wouldn't that be a better way to let the people of your home state you've made a decision you aren't going with the home town team? Guess not.

Be nice to Frank, he's a nice Minnesota boy and we all need to wish him well.

Eff that. I am glad people are upset he went elsewhere and the manner in which he chose to do it. If there's one thing this fanbase needs, it's more people with passion that give a damn.

Frank holds a press conference, in an auditorium, where he invites everybody to come, publically decides to go to Arkansas, the SEC, to play for bulemia, which goes against every fiber of my Gopher loyalty and love. So I say eff him. I guess that makes me a bad guy to some of you.

All that time you guys spent together and he has the gall to betray you like this!?!?! Speechless.

In addition I thought a solid education was important to him. That was part of my thinking that he would choose MN over Arkansas. That's why he is not the guy who I thought he was.

Anyone find it interesting that his stated goal is the NFL, but there is only one NFL center starter his height and none taller? I'm not sure I'd be excited to get pegged into a huge area of need instead of grow into a position that fits my body and skill set, but to each there own.

Anyone find it interesting that his stated goal is the NFL, but there is only one NFL center starter his height and none taller? I'm not sure I'd be excited to get pegged into a huge area of need instead of grow into a position that fits my body and skill set, but to each there own.

I'd never have pegged him a center. However, Pittman has forgotten more about offensive line play than I'll ever know. I'm sure he'll put him in the best position to be successful, but yes, I'm surprised they talked about him being a center.

If I had to guess, it was probably easier to sell PT as a center. They have some upperclassmen at C and the other OL positions are pretty deep with younger guys. I'm not saying they won't try him out there, but I think he ends up at T.

What's the over/under on # of years until he transfers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd never have pegged him a center. However, Pittman has forgotten more about offensive line play than I'll ever know. I'm sure he'll put him in the best position to be successful, but yes, I'm surprised they talked about him being a center.

If I had to guess, it was probably easier to sell PT as a center. They have some upperclassmen at C and the other OL positions are pretty deep with younger guys. I'm not saying they won't try him out there, but I think he ends up at T.

I think Pittman is gone after next year...the guy is a nomad and bulemia is a dumpster fire.

Yep, but he had the brains to eliminate the Gophers prior to the conference. The truth is that a Frank Ragnow press conference would have had zero interest if he was choosing between Arkansas and Ole Miss. I'm not saying he used the Gophers and I'm not ripping on him as a player (he's a heck of a player). Tyus Jones had a press conference and he was choosing between Baylor, Duke and Kansas.

Got it.

Maybe he wanted to go someplace where he could write "I like chikin" on all of his term papers and get a 4.0. Not everyone goes to college to be academically challenged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is pretty funny. First, for all those who couldn't fathom how he could pick Arkansas of all places over us, it isn't that hard to understand. He seems to have always wanted to go to the South (for whatever reason), their program is a middle-of-the-pack SEC team with lots of money for facilities, etc., there seems to be the prospect of early playing time, and their head & position coach have coached players who went on to the NFL and he seems to have developed good relationships with them. Different strokes for different folks and for various reasons he connected with Arkansas.

Secondly, for all those, including the normally level-headed Bob Loblaw, who are getting all upset because he called a press conference and invited everyone, I have one question for you: "Were you never a teenager?" I was, and I remember it a bit, and I remember basically thinking of me, myself, and I way too much. Entire classes and groups (anyone over 20 for the most part) didn't really even ever into my thoughts, except tangentially. Whether your talking about a teenager like Reid or Frank, it doesn't surprise me that they think the whole world is all about them, and think that everybody would naturally just want to come on down and listen to their oh-so-important choice of college and celebrate whatever they decide to do. And do you really blame them when you've got multiple news reports on it, and even here in the Hole a post with over 200 responses? Give the guy a break. Is he immature and does he lack self-awareness to do this? Yep and yep. But so was I as a teen and I bet just about all the posters here were too. Hopefully he'll grow out of it and realize the world isn't all about him. I wish him good luck.

why would you post something thought out and rational? Don't you know this is a message board!!

I think most people don't like the decision because of the coach, not the school. had he picked OU, S Car, etc.. I don't think the hate would be there, I dis like Bert as much as the next gopher fan, but Kill will work with the guys he's got and keep improving the squad

This thread is pretty funny. First, for all those who couldn't fathom how he could pick Arkansas of all places over us, it isn't that hard to understand. He seems to have always wanted to go to the South (for whatever reason), their program is a middle-of-the-pack SEC team with lots of money for facilities, etc., there seems to be the prospect of early playing time, and their head & position coach have coached players who went on to the NFL and he seems to have developed good relationships with them. Different strokes for different folks and for various reasons he connected with Arkansas.

Secondly, for all those, including the normally level-headed Bob Loblaw, who are getting all upset because he called a press conference and invited everyone, I have one question for you: "Were you never a teenager?" I was, and I remember it a bit, and I remember basically thinking of me, myself, and I way too much. Entire classes and groups (anyone over 20 for the most part) didn't really even ever into my thoughts, except tangentially. Whether your talking about a teenager like Reid or Frank, it doesn't surprise me that they think the whole world is all about them, and think that everybody would naturally just want to come on down and listen to their oh-so-important choice of college and celebrate whatever they decide to do. And do you really blame them when you've got multiple news reports on it, and even here in the Hole a post with over 200 responses? Give the guy a break. Is he immature and does he lack self-awareness to do this? Yep and yep. But so was I as a teen and I bet just about all the posters here were too. Hopefully he'll grow out of it and realize the world isn't all about him. I wish him good luck.

That's why you have parents. They should help "immature" teenagers with decisions like this and help them through them. I blame the mentors (coach?) and the parents. Tacky and classless way to announce. You can over analyze all you want.

The only logical reason for Ragnow to go to Arkansas over Minnesota was because he wants to be able to bench press more than the Quarterback. :)

I'm a little shocked over this. I thought he could catch up in Mitch in a few years.

Call it tacky or tasteless the way he announced his college choice. He is still a young kid who enjoys all the attention. Credit Arkansas for giving him a line he wants to hear.

You can promise anything you want to get a kid to sign ala Lane Kiffin. That doesn't mean what is promised it is a certainty. I wish him good luck.

Did Jerry Kill know about his decision early on? Is that the reason for the Jared Weyler commitment?

What will bother me more is if he had strung Jerry Kill all along knowing he is going elsewhere. That will be a missed opportunity to focus energy elsewhere on another recruit early on.

Good luck to Frank Ragnow. I hope he realizes going with Fat Bastard is like marrying into a highly dysfunctional family, but he seems like a great kid. If by chance things don't work out as a Hog (and there is a very good chance of that), I would welcome him back home happily.

That's why you have parents. They should help "immature" teenagers with decisions like this and help them through them. I blame the mentors (coach?) and the parents. Tacky and classless way to announce. You can over analyze all you want.

Exactly. I know my kid would never be allowed to do this. But entitled kids usually have entitled, egotistical parents. Mom and dad love the attention too.

Maybe wish him good luck because he's a hard working MN kid who will represent the state well. I knew him personally a couple years ago - he's not cocky and has his head on straight. I don't understand all the hate on an 18 year old kid.

Sorry, but NO ONE has their head on straight and purposely moves to Arkansas.

Best of luck to him but if you go and play for a coach like that you were never a Gopher fan to begin with.

Ski-u-mah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom