Chanhassen OT Frank Ragnow is going to Arkansas

What school do you think Frank Ragnow announces on Friday?

• Minnesota

Votes: 87 56.9%
  • Arkansas

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Florida State

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weather is nice their but it is defininately a culture shock if your not from area.

Sorry, but NO ONE has their head on straight and purposely moves to Arkansas.
This I can understand from my travels in that state.

Good luck to Mr. Ragnow on his football career in Arkansas, may he find what he is looking for. Arkansas is not a place I would choose to live beyond the weather is nice in the winter, but to each is own.
Restaurants and stores are not nearly as well kept up as here in Minneosta, that is the thing I noticed most, very messy floors, and raunchy bathrooms, cleanliness standards for restaurants or stores and gas stations, are just bad or cannot be the same. They must have a lot of problems with gas runoffs and broken card readers at the gas pumps, very dirty bathrooms and issues paying for gas at gas stations and really rude cleks in many parts of the state. Some of the largest cochroaches at newly built hotels like Hampton inns and Holiday Inn expresses. Spent some time traveling in Arkansas for a former employer. Wal-Mart is like a cult down there. People really call you out for having a different accent too.
It is a different place from a lot of places I have been, food is very different tasting( a lot of grease and things I didn't care for) even at the chain restaurants in Arkansas. Also you would think that Wal-Mart being the proud and joy and state emblem holder for largest employer in Arkansas that they would take a little more pride and effort in how they present things and have cleaner stores. You would think the stores would be kept up a lot better than what they are, not just age but a lot of dumpy shabby looking stores and rotten shopping carts. A lot of messes and just disorganization in the stores down in West little Rock, West Memphis and even some of the suburbs that would not be tolerated amongst a lot of there Northern Regions or counterparts by the managers I have visited up here. They get away with being a lot lazier as employees than we ever even think about being in Minnesota. What is tolerated in that place would not go over well with customers and managers alike.
Oh well good luck to Frank, but I'm not going to follow him now that he is not a Gopher and don't really care what he does for Bielema as his coach.

Like usual, awesome insight.
I'm confused by his insight. board·er 1 (bôr′dər, bōr′-)
n.
One who boards, especially:
a. One who pays a stipulated sum in return for regular meals or for meals and lodging.
b. One who goes on board a vessel as part of an assault or military action: repel all boarders.

Oh. Maybe he meant "borders" as in the part or line that forms an outer edge.

Frank chose Arkansas and somehow the world still seems to be moving forward. Go figure. Good luck Frank and most of all Go Gophers.

Frank can go to college and play football where he damned well pleases.

Frank chose Arkansas because he wants to be able to major in "huntin and fishin". I'm fine with that!

*He just better hope that he makes it to the NFL, because if he doesn't, a degree from Arkansas won't do him $hit in the real world after college.

Best of luck to him but if you go and play for a coach like that you were never a Gopher fan to begin with.

Ski-u-mah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So true, no true Gopher fan could ever play for that coach. Makes you feel like he just used the Gophers for the fame and all the freebies he could get. I don't think I could string on another school like that and look at myself in the mirror. What it is saying, is if you are a highly rated recruit from Minnesota is that if you do not commit early, then the U shouldn't wait for you. They will fill your spot with players that want to be at the U, they are not going let you use them.

The only reason I'm upset he left is because it kills recruiting momentum. Anybody dumb enough to go play in the mud down in Arkansas with that pig Petrino 2.0 (beliemia) isn't worth Minnesota's time. Also kind of mad he wasted our time with recruiting.

Here is what you all are really thinking. Admit it. FU--K FRANK RAGNOW!!! HE IS A TOTAL POS for texting and not calling Coach Kill. I hope he gets the worst case of clap in the history of clap and his dick falls off!! BTW, nice to be in
Florida.

Meh...repeating what I have said twice before...would have loved to have him but not a huge loss. He isn't a top 100 type recruit at a position of need. Still more excited about the two recent WR commits, JJ & the potential commits left on our board.

I totally agree, Philly. I would take Holland over Ragnow any day. I actually feel sorry for him going to Arkansas. I don't get why someone who grows up here wouldn't want to be a Gopher. We are heading upwards. Fatboy bullemia has the hogs going down.

From now on, let's just take the high road and speak very highly of Fred Ragnow.

Kind of like, "We'll never forget you, Bert"

This I can understand from my travels in that state.

Good luck to Mr. Ragnow on his football career in Arkansas, may he find what he is looking for. Arkansas is not a place I would choose to live beyond the weather is nice in the winter, but to each is own.
Restaurants and stores are not nearly as well kept up as here in Minneosta, that is the thing I noticed most, very messy floors, and raunchy bathrooms, cleanliness standards for restaurants or stores and gas stations, are just bad or cannot be the same. They must have a lot of problems with gas runoffs and broken card readers at the gas pumps, very dirty bathrooms and issues paying for gas at gas stations and really rude cleks in many parts of the state. Some of the largest cochroaches at newly built hotels like Hampton inns and Holiday Inn expresses. Spent some time traveling in Arkansas for a former employer. Wal-Mart is like a cult down there. People really call you out for having a different accent too.
It is a different place from a lot of places I have been, food is very different tasting( a lot of grease and things I didn't care for) even at the chain restaurants in Arkansas. Also you would think that Wal-Mart being the proud and joy and state emblem holder for largest employer in Arkansas that they would take a little more pride and effort in how they present things and have cleaner stores. You would think the stores would be kept up a lot better than what they are, not just age but a lot of dumpy shabby looking stores and rotten shopping carts. A lot of messes and just disorganization in the stores down in West little Rock, West Memphis and even some of the suburbs that would not be tolerated amongst a lot of there Northern Regions or counterparts by the managers I have visited up here. They get away with being a lot lazier as employees than we ever even think about being in Minnesota. What is tolerated in that place would not go over well with customers and managers alike.
Oh well good luck to Frank, but I'm not going to follow him now that he is not a Gopher and don't really care what he does for Bielema as his coach.

Well theres your problem lol. Northwest Arkansas is actually really nice...most SEC fans rate Fayetteville as a top 5 town in the SEC. But the rest of the state is pretty meh

Talked to a friend from Red Wing who doesn't follow the Gophers at all. Red Wing has a terrible football team but they have one really good lineman. I think his name is Nick Connelly ( who is a junior and getting some attention). We talked about the match-up in the fall when Red Wing played them and then again early this afternoon a few hours before the announcement. My friend was a college lineman himself so he watches those match-ups. He thought Connelly may have got the best of Ragnow and if not, it was a draw. He said Ragnow was neutralized in that particular game. I don't know much about offensive linemen so I am just taking him at what he saw. I'm sure it would have been nice to have him but time to move on.

From now on, let's just take the high road and speak very highly of Fred Ragnow.

Kind of like, "We'll never forget you, Bert"

Yeah, but in light of the "Russel Wilson" debacle, "We'll never forget you, Bert" may not have been intentional in hindsight :)

I don't want to come off as petty because the kid can play wherever he wants, but if my kid were being recruited and he had to break the news to two coaches who had spent considerable time and effort to get him, he would damn sure call them instead of sending a text. That's disrespectful and a chicken$hit way to avoid an uncomfortable situation. If you're man enough to play major college football you're man enough to have a couple of phone conversations.

I don't want to come off as petty because the kid can play wherever he wants, but if my kid were being recruited and he had to break the news to two coaches who had spent considerable time and effort to get him, he would damn sure call them instead of sending a text. That's disrespectful and a chicken$hit way to avoid an uncomfortable situation. If you're man enough to play major college football you're man enough to have a couple of phone conversations.

I agree it is a cowardly thing not to at least give a call to a coach who has spent at least two years getting to know you and your family.

Talked to a friend from Red Wing who doesn't follow the Gophers at all. Red Wing has a terrible football team but they have one really good lineman. I think his name is Nick Connelly ( who is a junior and getting some attention). We talked about the match-up in the fall when Red Wing played them and then again early this afternoon a few hours before the announcement. My friend was a college lineman himself so he watches those match-ups. He thought Connelly may have got the best of Ragnow and if not, it was a draw. He said Ragnow was neutralized in that particular game. I don't know much about offensive linemen so I am just taking him at what he saw. I'm sure it would have been nice to have him but time to move on.

I'm glad you posted this because I had heard the same thing this past fall, that there was a junior from somewhere that supposedly more than held his own against Ragnow, but I couldn't remember who it was. It it was this kid from Red Wing, I sure like that Ricky Foggie is his new Head Coach!

I agree it is a cowardly thing not to at least give a call to a coach who has spent at least two years getting to know you and your family.

Agreed, and as WindyCity stated as well, that'd be the first thing I, as a parent, would have him do. Pick up the phone and call them personally. Tacky on both fronts - the kid, and the parents.

Frank can go to college and play football where he damned well pleases.

Who said he can't? The point most *passionate* fans on here are making is that the press conference was extremely disrespectful to the fans and the coaches. Clearly the parents are not the classiest folks in MN. I can't imagine letting my kids pull a stunt like that. Inability to perceive other's emotions or visualize cause and effect of your behavior on others is an important component of the sociopathic. Maybe I'm gettin old (yup) but it seems like narcissism is out of control. I

What I perceived as a jovial attitude in hindsight was more like childlike naivete. He and his parents ate up all the crap fed by Pittman and Bielema. But now...it seems like a match made in heaven. I don't care if he's a nice kid or not. The point is his ACTION was much worse than his WORDS.

I was raised Lutheran and I understand the whole deferential aw shucks thing in MN. MN Nice. It's real. It doesn't exist in most other places. People are clinically nuts on the coasts. Trust me. But MN could use some more passion in their fanbase. If you aren't pissed off about this you ain't human! It's not OK to turn your back on your homestate in this public fashion.

Anyone here hear how the crowd reacted or were they mostly friends/family/classmates who simply supported their friends decision?

We'll I used to know his Dad, and am guessing the Hooch got in the way of him intervening in any of Frank's affairs.

Ragnow has to be one of the stupidest recruits in history. Piss away a chance to play for the national champion Seminoles? Say no to South Beach and San Francisco? Doesn't even visit Ohio St.? Spurn the homestate Gophers and rub it in our faces by having a f*cking press conference after the Reid Travis show? Waste 2 years of Jerry Kill's and Limegrover's life when you were never going to stay home? All to play for a team that was 0-8 in the SEC and lost to Bama and South Carolina by a combined scored of 104-7? And play center at 6'6", a positon you've never played? For a program that will be forced to fire Bielema if they have another season like last year?

Hopefully he finds Will Johnson down there for some bonding time....

Ragnow has to be one of the stupidest recruits in history. Piss away a chance to play for the national champion Seminoles? Say no to South Beach and San Francisco? Doesn't even visit Ohio St.? Spurn the homestate Gophers and rub it in our faces by having a f*cking press conference after the Reid Travis show? Waste 2 years of Jerry Kill's and Limegrover's life when you were never going to stay home? All to play for a team that was 0-8 in the SEC and lost to Bama and South Carolina by a combined scored of 104-7? And play center at 6'6", a positon you've never played? For a program that will be forced to fire Bielema if they have another season like last year?

+1 to all of this!!!!!

there is nothing wrong with holding a press conference when you're making an announcement like that. More often then not when a big 5 or 4 star recruit has a big press conference he does go to an out of state school. The press conference is not intended for the fans of the in-state school. it is intended for everybody in that particular HS. As the tweet said there were a lot more Ragnow fans that were happy that he is going to be a D-1 ball player then gopher fans who really wanted him to come here and that is what you would expect, i don't know why you wouldn't. I don't see why most of you don't realize that.

Frank was definitely considering us big time and we were probably the leaders for a lot of the time. I don't see why you can't rap you're head around the Arkansas thing. Ragnow is the exact type of recruit that Bielema has used to win big ten Championships and he is a perfect fit for them(even if Bielema wasn't the position coach) Also they were his only SEC offer and he would have immediate playing time. They were a top 5 team two years ago. I personally would pick Arkansas any day of the week to lose a top in-state recruit to them over a school like Notre Dame. I don't mind losing recruits to schools as much to similar programs to us or lesser ones. i just hate losing out to helmet schools.

So a 3-star guy who wasn't even ranked top 250 nationally that drags out his recruitment and feels the need to have a big annoucement ceremony invites all the local media picks a team that will start him at a new position in the SEC?

Talk about a arrogant dude who think's he's much better than he is lol. He will fit in perfectly with Bert and the rest of the Arkansas mentality. Best of luck Frankie!

Frank was definitely considering us big time and we were probably the leaders for a lot of the time. I don't see why you can't rap you're head around the Arkansas thing. Ragnow is the exact type of recruit that Bielema has used to win big ten Championships and he is a perfect fit for them(even if Bielema wasn't the position coach) Also they were his only SEC offer and he would have immediate playing time. They were a top 5 team two years ago. I personally would pick Arkansas any day of the week to lose a top in-state recruit to them over a school like Notre Dame. I don't mind losing recruits to schools as much to similar programs to us or lesser ones. i just hate losing out to helmet schools.

lol. I can't wrap my head around The Arky thing. His dad made then choice and in the end it's never good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom