Chanhassen OT Frank Ragnow is going to Arkansas

What school do you think Frank Ragnow announces on Friday?

• Minnesota

Votes: 87 56.9%
  • Arkansas

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Florida State

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dad thinks Frank is going to the NFL because he's in the SEC. That's what the decision boiled down to.

I don't have to live in Arkansas either. Failed to see your point on that one.

Welcome back DeltaHog. I've been waiting to hear from you. Congrats on getting Ragnow, and I, for one, hope he does ya proud.

Welcome back DeltaHog. I've been waiting to hear from you. Congrats on getting Ragnow, and I, for one, hope he does ya proud.

Thanks. Yeah. Just found out. Been out of the loop. Finally got internet here in Arkansas.

Thanks. Yeah. Just found out. Been out of the loop. Finally got internet here in Arkansas.

Like someone said earlier, I just hope BB is fired or leaves so I can root for your football team again. We're only pissed because we care, which means you got a good one.

and he would have immediate playing time. .

Put me down for he never sees the field. Pittman is stockpiling four star o linemen

I'm not anti GopherNot Hognow. More impressed with pittmans recruiting results

Was Pirsig as highly rated and sought after as Ragnow? (I didn't follow his recruiting)

Was Pirsig as highly rated and sought after as Ragnow? (I didn't follow his recruiting)

It was similar, but Pirsig committed during the summer prior to his senior year. He would have had many more big offers if let his recruitment drag on.

I think this is a very disappointing loss. While I agree with those who believe that our OL line will be fine, I still think losing out on a 4 star Minnesota football recruit is very troubling. Coupled with our failure to land any of the top 4 Minnesota basketball recruits in the class of 2014 is very troubling. A big factor in the latter is the relatively short time Coach Pitino had to recruit this class, and I expect him to have more success next year and beyond, but I'm concerned with the lack of state loyalty on the part of our best in-state talent. I understand that we can't expect every elite recruit to stay home, and we may still keep Jeff Jones, but I'm still dismayed by our inability to keep the state's best talent home. I understand that the football program in particular has been anemic for a long time, but we are finally showing some promise and I would hope that Minnesota kids would want to be a part of turning the football program around, and would recognize how much they would be revered locally and the personal career implications for themselves if they were to help make that possible.

In Frank's case, the choice of Arkansas is especially difficult to understand. Others have spelled out the problems with the Arkansas program, such as their SEC record last year and the risk of an Arkansas coaching change in a year or two. While Frank probably believes that Arkansas will increase his chances of making it to the NFL, I doubt that playing for Arkansas will make the likelihood of that happening significantly more probable than had he chosen Minnesota. The more significant difference is how his choice will affect his career if he does not make it in the NFL. I don't think there is any question that Minnesota would have given him more career opportunities than Arkansas. Arkansas is a very beautiful state, especially in the Ozarks where Arkansas is located, but it doesn't have an economy anywhere near as strong as Minnesota. Yes it does have Walmart, but I think that's about it. Additionally, academically, I believe that Minnesota has much more to offer than Arkansas.

We need to persuade our elite instate talent that Minnesota is a very special opportunity for them. Continuing to improve on the field and court should make a big difference. That in part will require making a large investment in facilities. Let's get it done.

I think this is a very disappointing loss. While I agree with those who believe that our OL line will be fine, I still think losing out on a 4 star Minnesota football recruit is very troubling. Coupled with our failure to land any of the top 4 Minnesota basketball recruits in the class of 2014 is very troubling. A big factor in the latter is the relatively short time Coach Pitino had to recruit this class, and I expect him to have more success next year and beyond, but I'm concerned with the lack of state loyalty on the part of our best in-state talent. I understand that we can't expect every elite recruit to stay home, and we may still keep Jeff Jones, but I'm still dismayed by our inability to keep the state's best talent home. I understand that the football program in particular has been anemic for a long time, but we are finally showing some promise and I would hope that Minnesota kids would want to be a part of turning the football program around, and would recognize how much they would be revered locally and the personal career implications for themselves if they were to help make that possible.

In Frank's case, the choice of Arkansas is especially difficult to understand. Others have spelled out the problems with the Arkansas program, such as their SEC record last year and the risk of an Arkansas coaching change in a year or two. While Frank probably believes that Arkansas will increase his chances of making it to the NFL, I doubt that playing for Arkansas will make the likelihood of that happening significantly more probable than had he chosen Minnesota. The more significant difference is how his choice will affect his career if he does not make it in the NFL. I don't think there is any question that Minnesota would have given him more career opportunities than Arkansas. Arkansas is a very beautiful state, especially in the Ozarks where Arkansas is located, but it doesn't have an economy anywhere near as strong as Minnesota. Yes it does have Walmart, but I think that's about it. Additionally, academically, I believe that Minnesota has much more to offer than Arkansas.

We need to persuade our elite instate talent that Minnesota is a very special opportunity for them. Continuing to improve on the field and court should make a big difference. That in part will require making a large investment in facilities. Let's get it done.
I couldn't agree more. This hurts only because he's from Minnesota. We need to change the perception of our program in state first and this doesn't help.

I surprised that so many people are shocked by Ragnow's decision. Disappointed, sure, but given what Ragnow wants, his choice makes sense.

Ragnow has stated he wants to go pro. Bielema and Arkansas give him a much better chance than the Gophers.

Ragnow has said he wants to play for a winning team. The Razorbacks have a recent history of success and so does Bielema. We have had three mediocre years in the past decade and have been in the toilet of the big ten for almost 50 years. There is no way Arkansas will fire its coach after two or three years.

I agree 100%. Before we can persuade our elite instate talent that Minnesota is worth their talent, we have to put together some winning years. Unless a top a recruit is extremely mature and wants to play for Minnesota pride, it'll be very difficult to persuade top recruits to come here.

Disappointed, no doubt, but getting over it pretty quickly. I'd rather focus my attention on the players that want to be a part of gopher football as opposed to those that choose to go elsewhere. I doubt he'll even be a thought in anyone's mind come regular season.

Meh...repeating what I have said twice before...would have loved to have him but not a huge loss. He isn't a top 100 type recruit at a position of need. Still more excited about the two recent WR commits, JJ & the potential commits left on our board.

If Arkansas is promising early playing time at center and that is his path to the NFL, best of luck, I won't be watching regardless unless he gets drafted by the Vikes in a few years.

A talented offensive or defensive lineman is always a big loss. The lines are what win championships.

It all depends on what you want. If you like your 30 seconds of fame, go wherever you want. If you want to attain "legendary" status, you've got to stay home. The fact of the matter is that unless Ragnow is a Top-10 pick in 2018 or thereabouts, after he enrolls, his name is going to fade into the background. No one in Arkansas is going to care about him unless he's a marquee draft pick.

E=MZBKA;840571]I surprised that so many people are shocked by Ragnow's decision. Disappointed, sure, but given what Ragnow wants, his choice makes sense.

Ragnow has stated he wants to go pro. Bielema and Arkansas give him a much better chance than the Gophers.
[/QUOTE]
Bunch of crap.

Anyone find it interesting that his stated goal is the NFL, but there is only one NFL center starter his height and none taller? I'm not sure I'd be excited to get pegged into a huge area of need instead of grow into a position that fits my body and skill set, but to each there own.

He'll end up a guard but they want him to be able to play center also.

E=MZBKA;840571]I surprised that so many people are shocked by Ragnow's decision. Disappointed, sure, but given what Ragnow wants, his choice makes sense.

Bunch of crap.[/QUOTE]

I surprised that so many people are shocked by Ragnow's decision. Disappointed, sure, but given what Ragnow wants, his choice makes sense.

Ragnow has said he wants to play for a winning team. The Razorbacks have a recent history of success and so does Bielema. We have had three mediocre years in the past decade and have been in the toilet of the big ten for almost 50 years. There is no way Arkansas will fire its coach after two or three years.

I agree 100%. Before we can persuade our elite instate talent that Minnesota is worth their talent, we have to put together some winning years. Unless a top a recruit is extremely mature and wants to play for Minnesota pride, it'll be very difficult to persuade top recruits to come here.

Good lawd, you're a miserable prick.

A talented offensive or defensive lineman is always a big loss. The lines are what win championships.

Oh thank you hogbreath for your wisdom. How have I made it this far without it. Now if we only had a talented offensive line without Ragnow. Or maybe my point was we already have a young talented and deep offensive line and while Ragnow would have been great it isn't a make or break situation. Now go back to your board and play fatty cakes with your head coach like a good hogboy.

He'll end up a guard but they want him to be able to play center also.

You are secretly Burt Bulemia aren't you. What happened, did you run out of cheetos and got bored so you decided to troll our board?

Who is Frank Ragnow? Is that what Burt Beilema trip on that one time? I'm being serious, by the way....

I believe the Ragnows are also 'clients' of Levi Bradley.

Minnesota Recruiting

We need to let this go. The Chanhassen kid picking Arkansas is totally out of anything Kill can control. Arkansas over Ohio State and Florida State? The kid has to have some screws loose....but it's his decision not ours. To me this would actually be something to fret over if he chose Iowa or Wisconsin.

At the end of the day we need to lock up the borders against the teams we compete against every year and not against teams that kids select on a whim.

I will forget about this kid the same way I did that one guy that chose Clemson (then quit) and the one that went to South Beach so his dad could become a rapper. They don't mean anything to this state in my opinion. Give me a 2 star with a work ethic any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom