Chanhassen OT Frank Ragnow is going to Arkansas

What school do you think Frank Ragnow announces on Friday?

• Minnesota

Votes: 87 56.9%
  • Arkansas

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Florida State

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh. His Twitter account isn't even funny. Happy to never open it again.

Arkansas has NEVER won an SEC championship....what success? The two 10 win seasons they had in the middle of a bunch of middling average seasons?

When is the last time either team:

Finished top 5 in conference?
Finished top 25 in the AP poll?
Finished top 25 in any poll?
Went to a BCS bowl?

Who has had more 10 win seasons in the past 20 years?

If you can't understand why he chose Arkansas, you're just being dense. I wish he would've stayed here, but the Gophers have been in the B1G's toilet for most of 4 decades. One 8 win season and a horrible bowl performance wasn't enough yo convince him that we're on the right track. It wouldn't convince me either if I had to make such an important life choice.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

I think that having a press conference to announce that you are going to disappoint virtually everyone in your home state is off taste.

True that. How did the crowd react? A standing O, or, more expectedly, the polite clap?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>You see the emotion from Frank and you know Minnesota was right there. Hard to argue with his Arkansas selection. Great school for an OL</p>— Eric Kraushar (@EricKraushar) <a href="https://twitter.com/EricKraushar/statuses/429366082856431616">January 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Local reporter.

When is the last time either team:

Finished top 5 in conference?
Finished top 25 in the AP poll?
Finished top 25 in any poll?
Went to a BCS bowl?

Who has had more 10 win seasons in the past 20 years?

If you can't understand why he chose Arkansas, you're just being dense. I wish he would've stayed here, but the Gophers have been in the B1G's toilet for most of 4 decades. One 8 win season and a horrible bowl performance wasn't enough yo convince him that we're on the right track. It wouldn't convince me either if I had to make such an important life choice.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

This has zero logic. By this logic, he should have chosen a perennial powerhouse program. Of the 3 on his list, FSU fit that category, URKansas (and the toilet bowl of the world it is contained in) most certainly did not.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>You see the emotion from Frank and you know Minnesota was right there. Hard to argue with his Arkansas selection. Great school for an OL</p>— Eric Kraushar (@EricKraushar) <a href="https://twitter.com/EricKraushar/statuses/429366082856431616">January 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Local reporter.

These sort of tweets are just classic. Reminds me of the Reid tweets after his decision. B.S. we were all that close. A kid knows early on if they want to leave home.

bret-fall.gif

Good luck to Frank - could have been a good player for us but happy to just focus on the players we have - I like our young talent at OT - Lauer, Prisig, Alex Mayes and Rasmussen are all good kids with lots of potential. not having Ragnow doesn't hurt us that much.

If we get Jeff Jones, Craig James and can use the spot reserved for Frank for another decent DB I will be giving this recruiting class an A- .

This has zero logic. By this logic, he should have chosen a perennial powerhouse program. Of the 3 on his list, FSU fit that category, RKansas most certainly did not.

FSU had filled it's OL before Ragnow picked today.

Something the Gophers would know a lot more about then Arkansas during your lifetime. Quit hating on him.

I guess no recruits should have ever picked Auburn after 2012, they must be screwed forever.... wait, teams rebound???

My reflection was not on Arkansas as a whole, but on their coach. Good luck to Frank.

We need a new poll on the number of years before he tries to transfer back home.

"They want me to play early and they want me to play center," he said. "I was nervous about it to start. It was a weird idea, but I'm excited about it after to talking to Coach Pittman. After talking to him, it sounds like a good idea."

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1371343.html

I'd feel better about this if he was going to Florida St. Just don't get Arkansas. Oh well, next?

I don't wish Frank success at Arkansas. I hope he graduates and he gets his degree/coaster and that he doesn't get injured. However, I will not cheer for the kid. These press conferences to announce that you're leaving your own state are in really poor taste. It's the same reason that I'll root for Tyus but I will not root for Reid. It's ego out-of-control.

Arkansas likes hiring complete jerks, so it'll probably go from Petrino to BB to Lane Kiffin. He'll have fun finishing his career playing for him and by that time he can have another press conference to announce his return to Minnesota. He'll need it, none of us will care.

FSU had filled it's OL before Ragnow picked today.

So, you're saying his first wrong was waiting too long to commit to FSU, and then he compounded that wrong by moving to f*#(#$@ Arkansas. Oh well, you learn by your mistakes, right? If so, he'll be a genius soon.

Wish these guys could stop with all the drama. If you're not coming here, stop stringing us along.

So, you're saying his first wrong was waiting too long to commit to FSU, and then he compounded that wrong by moving to f*#(#$@ Arkansas. Oh well, you learn by your mistakes, right? If so, he'll be a genius soon.

Maybe he felt Arkansas gave him a better shot of going pro than FSU?

I don't wish Frank success at Arkansas. I hope he graduates and he gets his degree/coaster and that he doesn't get injured. However, I will not cheer for the kid. These press conferences to announce that you're leaving your own state are in really poor taste. It's the same reason that I'll root for Tyus but I will not root for Reid. It's ego out-of-control.

Breaking on Twitter! Frank saw your post, saw you weren't going to cheer for him and decided to be a Gopher!!

(Does announcing publicly you're not cheering for the kid constitute ego out-of-control?)

Breaking on Twitter! Frank saw your post, saw you weren't going to cheer for him and decided to be a Gopher!!

(Does announcing publicly you're not cheering for the kid constitute ego out-of-control?)

+1

Arkansas likes hiring complete jerks, so it'll probably go from Petrino to BB to Lane Kiffin. He'll have fun finishing his career playing for him and by that time he can have another press conference to announce his return to Minnesota. He'll need it, none of us will care.
Agree with this I'm the same way.

Love seeing Gopher fans attack other Gopher fans because they are disappointed in his decision. You should just take a break from the board if it irritates you to see people not happy about this.

Oh are we only posting about things that the subject of the posts will actually care about? I'll remember that. So we better not talk about any playcalling, recruits, or just about anything. Another moronic take Maximus. Keep em coming.

Nope, it doesn't. My post was a response to another poster who said "good luck Frank". Was that poster's ego out of control as well? I mean, what kind of ego would someone have to have to think Frank would care about getting a "good luck" from him? Yep, your argument is absurd. You are full of zeros today.

This isn't even comparable to Reid in terms of what it means to the program IMO. The way he made his announcement was similar but this won't affect the football program nearly as much as Reid staying home would have affected the basketball program.

We'll be fine without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom