Cam Christie is entering the Transfer Portal

Yes. Just nagging injuries, nothing too serious.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? Are you like this in your daily life?

You legit are hoping a kid gets hurt so he comes back to play for the team you cheer for. How selfish are you?

I got to stop unmuting you...

It was the same as it was with Amir.
Which made even less sense because Amir had put in 3 years at the U. Being whiney and bitter he didn't return for his senior year is just ludicrous. There was not much chance he was going to improve his position so if he had a chance to move on it made sense to.

Which made even less sense because Amir had put in 3 years at the U. Being whiney and bitter he didn't return for his senior year is just ludicrous. There was not much chance he was going to improve his position so if he had a chance to move on it made sense to.
I don't remember a lot of the specifics from when Amir left but people being mad about guys going pro just seems so odd to me.

Then again there are people who can find reasons to get upset about anything so I guess it shouldn't be all that shocking.

I don't remember a lot of the specifics from when Amir left but people being mad about guys going pro just seems so odd to me.

Then again there are people who can find reasons to get upset about anything so I guess it shouldn't be all that shocking.
Well stated

The problem is that a lot of people were expecting that Cam would be the catalyst to another year of improvement, especially after Payne and Hawkins left. Cam had the potential and the swagger to be a difference maker and a lot of people around here talked about that. They also thought when he entered the draft that there was little chance he would be advised to leave and since originally he had not entered the portal everything seemed great.

Then everything went sideways and some just couldn't get over being spurned. All of a sudden he wasn't good enough and the NBA scouts were mistaken and he is replaceable. Makes sense at first, bitterness is normal. But the more obvious it becomes that he made the right choice the more they seem to get bitter and double down and that is just sad.

Look does this likely mean that the team will be rough to watch next year...yes. Is having a player come in and after 1 season be a legit draft pick possibly end of the first round? Absolutely not.
I don't know about others. But I'm not bitter about Christie getting drafted. He would have transferred anyway.

I know my take on hoping for nagging injuries sounds ridiculous. But it actually makes some sense...unlike Payne & Hawkins being very popular with advertisers in Texas.

If you want to stay positive...wish Payne, Hawkins, & Christie well...enjoy the NCAA Tournament without the Gophers in it...that's fine. But don't expect Gophers fans to enjoy it. Or people who think that schools shouldn't be paying the students.

Final big boards and mocks are getting posted. ESPN Insider (Jonathan Givony) has Cam as his #32 prospect. The Ringer (Kevin O'Connor) has Cam as his #43 prospect. So the range is late first to mid-second -- we'll know in a few days.

I think I honestly was only ever upset when Voshon Lenard almost left early, mainly because he had no chance to be a high pick and I knew we needed him his senior year. That was totally selfish though and if he had chosen to leave I would have no ill will or pretended he all of a sudden wasn't as good as I thought he was like people around here are doing.

Final big boards and mocks are getting posted. ESPN Insider (Jonathan Givony) has Cam as his #32 prospect. The Ringer (Kevin O'Connor) has Cam as his #43 prospect. So the range is late first to mid-second -- we'll know in a few days.
Didn't need big boards to state the obvious. A prospect that could have gone anywhere in the country doesn't stay in the draft to not be drafted

Didn't need big boards to state the obvious. A prospect that could have gone anywhere in the country doesn't stay in the draft to not be drafted
The obvious is that this leaves the Gophers with one big wing and they need two big wings. Only the stupid can't see that!

He couldn't have gone to the top programs out of high school. He was rated around #130 most of the time...then moved up to around #80 on some services.

I think I honestly was only ever upset when Voshon Lenard almost left early, mainly because he had no chance to be a high pick and I knew we needed him his senior year. That was totally selfish though and if he had chosen to leave I would have no ill will or pretended he all of a sudden wasn't as good as I thought he was like people around here are doing.
You can be happy for Payne & Hawkins too.

You upset me

He couldn't have gone to the top programs out of high school. He was rated around #130 most of the time...then moved up to around #80 on some services.
Illinois is absolutely a top program though...and my og comment was in reference to this year not last year (could have gone to any program)

Listen, I am not on here to say I saw this coming from when he first committed, but I saw exactly one full game last year and saw that he was a pro

His height, age, and brothers success only compounded those observations. I think he gets drafted at the end of the first now.

Last edited:

Illinois is absolutely a top program though...and my og comment was in reference to this year not last year (could have gone to any program)

Listen, I am not on here to say I saw this coming from when he first committed, but I saw exactly one full game last year and saw that he was a pro

His height, age, and brothers success only compounded those observations. I think he gets drafted at the end of the first now.
I think he’s a late first round pick because is a fluid athlete who can handle the ball and shoot.

I almost think his stock his high despite his brother and not because of it. The truth is that his brother has not been a very good pick and he wasn’t a very good college basketball player. Unlike Cam, he also more of a rigid wing type player.

Parker Fox just said on the Power Trip Morning Show that Christie was never planning to transfer to another school if he hadn't entered the draft.

No way of anyone refuting this, and we love a "he loves us, he really loves us" as much as anyone, so I believe Parker!

Go Cam's Gopher Loyalty!!

Not sure why Parker Fox would lie about it.....but nothing is a definite.
I'm not saying parker fox is lying... But our pg came out on twitter that he was staying put... A few weeks later that was a lie. So while cam may not of had an intention to transfer the insane amount of $$ that would a been thrown at him to go elsewhere... Would of been impossible not to take . Especially with all the injury talk in his portal post

I'm not saying parker fox is lying... But our pg came out on twitter that he was staying put... A few weeks later that was a lie. So while cam may not of had an intention to transfer the insane amount of $$ that would a been thrown at him to go elsewhere... Would of been impossible not to take . Especially with all the injury talk in his portal post

Maybe, maybe not. Hawkins likely doesn't have an NBA career ahead of him whereas Christie obviously does. So I can understand why Hawkins would make the move to get paid while he can. Christie may not have seen the value in uprooting himself for one more season at a different team.....considering that he's got NBA money coming to him.

Parker Fox just said on the Power Trip Morning Show that Christie was never planning to transfer to another school if he hadn't entered the draft.
LOL then why did he enter the transfer portal?

He obviously would have transferred. Someone would have made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

LOL then why did he enter the transfer portal?

He obviously would have transferred. Someone would have made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Fox said that he entered his name into the portal because that allowed Coach Johnson and his staff the ability to go out and recruit other players and freed up NIL $$$ to offer those players because it removed him from the roster for the time being.

Again....who knows. But this came from Parker Fox....and he wasn't speculating.

Fox said that he entered his name into the portal because that allowed Coach Johnson and his staff the ability to go out and recruit other players and freed up NIL $$$ to offer those players because it removed him from the roster for the time being.

LOL once again. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

You had to add the "Again...who knows?" at the end...because of the absurdity of Fox's statement.

I appreciate your reporting on this though.

LOL once again. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

You had to add the "Again...who knows?" at the end...because of the absurdity of Fox's statement.

I appreciate your reporting on this though.

What's absurd about what Fox said? Entering the transfer portal relinquished the scholarship and gives the coaching staff freedom to recruit his spot and the collective the ability to offer the NIL that would have been offered to Christie.

Now that I think about it.....the fact that it doesn't make any sense to you only lends it more credibility.

What's absurd about what Fox said? Entering the transfer portal relinquished the scholarship and gives the coaching staff freedom to recruit his spot and the collective the ability to offer the NIL that would have been offered to Christie.

Now that I think about it.....the fact that it doesn't make any sense to you only lends it more credibility.
LOL do you want to re-think what you just said? Give your brain a little time.

I understand the M/G colored glasses thing. To an extent. But this off-season has been nuts in here.

Top Bottom