Bowl Game Projections?

Same old non-argument on repeat.

Irrelevant.

Hey, but make sure you send really snarky emails to the Charlotte committee! That will win the day. I put the email address above. :)

You do realize that you've been rapid posting conjecture in this thread nonstop, right? It's bizarre.

And no....I'm not going to email the Mayo Bowl. I'm sure they know about the third full stadiums they manage on gamedays.

CBS's Jerry Palm (the guy some think is a dink) predicts Mayo Bowl against Florida State. He has been right on bowl placements more than he's been wrong. For what it's worth, here's the latest:

And has Maryland in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl. Seems like the right idea to me.

CBS's Jerry Palm (the guy some think is a dink) predicts Mayo Bowl against Florida State. He has been right on bowl placements more than he's been wrong. For what it's worth, here's the latest:

Sports Illustrated chimes in - once again Mayo Bowl vs. Florida State:

Problem with these is that they haven't incorporated the recent news that the Rose wants Penn State, which pushes Ohio State to the Orange.

And with a team in the Orange, we lose the Outback (ReliaQuest).

Citrus stays Purdue, but now the MC can pick either Iowa or Illinois. Whomever they don't pick can be selected then by the Mayo.

That leaves Minnesota, Maryland, and Wisconsin for the Pinstripe, Phoenix (Guarantee Rate), and Quick Lane.

If SG's idea about not wanting to send Maryland out West actually holds any water, then switch Maryland and Wisc.

CBS's Jerry Palm (the guy some think is a dink) predicts Mayo Bowl against Florida State. He has been right on bowl placements more than he's been wrong.

Well, that doesn't mean much to me unless I see the success rate and it's impressively high. Right more than wrong could be 55% right and that means he's not much better than a coin flip.

Nope. Only because you want a fake reason to somehow discredit my posts, since you can't do so by making counter-arguments.

Discredit your posts? You aren't placing teams in bowls. You are making guesses and then getting angry when anyone disagrees.

You're throwing a temper tantrum. It's bizarre.

Sports Illustrated chimes in - once again Mayo Bowl vs. Florida State:

Athlon - Mayo Bowl vs. NC State (I'd like to see this match-up)

My question is -
Has anyone eve tried Duke’s Mayo?

Never seen it in grocery aisles here and not when I lived in the cities either, late 80s - late 90s.

Problem with these is that they haven't incorporated the recent news that the Rose wants Penn State, which pushes Ohio State to the Orange.

And with a team in the Orange, we lose the Outback (ReliaQuest).

Citrus stays Purdue, but now the MC can pick either Iowa or Illinois. Whomever they don't pick can be selected then by the Mayo.

That leaves Minnesota, Maryland, and Wisconsin for the Pinstripe, Phoenix (Guarantee Rate), and Quick Lane.

If SG's idea about not wanting to send Maryland out West actually holds any water, then switch Maryland and Wisc.

Most have (5-7) Rice in the Quick-Lane Bowl vs. MAC.

And has Maryland in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl. Seems like the right idea to me.
There is no logical reason to have Maryland to have Minnesota above wisconsin. Contrary to what gopher4life says they don’t have a bigger fanbase and their 19 fans won’t be excited to go to Charlotte.
It makes more sense for Wisconsin (who beat them and have same conference record as them) to jump them than for Minnesota to jump wisconsin.

The only logical reason would be a west coast/east coast thing.

The problem or issue with all the speculation is that a lot of the system depends on the individual whims and desires of the individual bowl committees.

You or I could advance a perfectly reasonable and logical argument as to why MN "deserves" this bowl as opposed to that bowl.

But to quote William Munny, "deserve's got nothing to do with it."

If a particular bowl committee doesn't like MN for whatever reason, or doesn't want MN, then MN is not going to that bowl.

and - like it or not, MN is not a helmet school. MN does not have a recent tradition of excellence.
MN is not on the front page of the ESPN website.

the B1G will lobby on behalf of its member schools, but I don't believe the B1G can force a bowl to take a team it doesn't want.

bottom line - if you want a better bowl, then win more games. If you don't win more games, then you take what you can get.

The only bowl I'll consider is music city. Anything less and i'm saving my money.
This is my view.

Charlotte: We're visiting UNC next year. If I really want to see Charlotte I'll take a day-trip then.
Phoenix: Traveled to this bowl last year. Arizona was nice of course, but not two years in a row.
NYC: I'm sure Christmas time in NYC is great but I'd rather be there in warmer seasons.
Detroit: Speaks for itself, plus the game is on the 26th.

There is no logical reason to have Maryland to have Minnesota above wisconsin. Contrary to what gopher4life says they don’t have a bigger fanbase and their 19 fans won’t be excited to go to Charlotte.
It makes more sense for Wisconsin (who beat them and have same conference record as them) to jump them than for Minnesota to jump wisconsin.

The only logical reason would be a west coast/east coast thing.
Or, maybe illogical reasons factor in! 💡

The problem or issue with all the speculation is that a lot of the system depends on the individual whims and desires of the individual bowl committees.

You or I could advance a perfectly reasonable and logical argument as to why MN "deserves" this bowl as opposed to that bowl.

If a particular bowl committee doesn't like MN for whatever reason, or doesn't want MN, then MN is not going to that bowl.

and - like it or not, MN is not a helmet school. MN does not have a recent tradition of excellence.

the B1G will lobby on behalf of its member schools, but I don't believe the B1G can force a bowl to take a team it doesn't want.

bottom line - if you want a better bowl, then win more games. If you don't win more games, then you take what you can get.
Nailed it.

Been trying to get at this. Guess better to just say it bluntly.

This is my view.

Charlotte: We're visiting UNC next year. If I really want to see Charlotte I'll take a day-trip then.
Phoenix: Traveled to this bowl last year. Arizona was nice of course, but not two years in a row.
NYC: I'm sure Christmas time in NYC is great but I'd rather be there in warmer seasons.
Detroit: Speaks for itself, plus the game is on the 26th.
Yep.

Nashville for NYE would be fun as hell. The others: as you say here. And NYC is $$$$.

such as what?
The Mayo committee hoping/believing that Maryland fanbase will take the abundant, short, cheap, easy flights from DC/BWI airports to Charlotte, plus ACC fanbase that already lives in Charlotte.

You better make sure you email them!

Nailed it.

Been trying to get at this. Guess better to just say it bluntly.
Lol that’s not at all what you are saying

He is saying he doesn’t know because there are a lot of unknowable factors such as the individual whims of bowl executives

You are saying you know based on something that is factually inaccurate

And then you say that’s exactly what he is saying LoL

No one knows anything for sure. Least of all me.

My projecting confidence in my assertions is just my version of pouting about what I think is going to happen.

No one knows anything for sure. Least of all me.

My projecting confidence in my assertions is just my version of pouting about what I think is going to happen.
Even your hypothetical takes have horrible reasoning

Minnesota could very well end up in Pinstipe. I would take it as probably 50/50 at this point. If they end up in NY it has nothing to do with Maryland attendance in Charlotte

Even your hypothetical takes have horrible reasoning

Minnesota could very well end up in Pinstipe. I would take it as probably 50/50 at this point. If they end up in NY it has nothing to do with Maryland attendance in Charlotte
It has everything to do with the Mayo selecting Maryland.

That's how it actually works. You'll never be able to argue otherwise. Only try to waive your hands about what you think their reasoning was. I know what I think it will be.

Most Iowa fans and beat writers seem convinced they're going to the Music City...so I'm going with that, although the PSU news does throw a wrench in things. I bet the conference would negotiate to have the Mayo take Illinois in that case so Iowa can still get the MCB. That still puts Minnesota in the Pinstripe with Wisconsin and Maryland as a coin flip for Guaranteed Rate and Quick Lane.

Personally, I'm all in on attending the Music City for any opponent and the Mayo if they play FSU. Probably no others...so I'll be adding to the self-fulfilling prophecy that Gophes fans don't travel. Sorry.

My question is -
Has anyone eve tried Duke’s Mayo?

Never seen it in grocery aisles here and not when I lived in the cities either, late 80s - late 90s.
The more you know:

While it is the third-largest mayonnaise brand in the United States (behind Hellmann's and Kraft), its popularity was at first largely limited to the South.[5][6] It is used in regional favorites such as tomato sandwiches, cole slaw, deviled eggs, pimento cheese, and potato salad.[7][8][9] Duke's Mayonnaise contains more egg yolks than other mayonnaise products and no added sugar.

Most Iowa fans and beat writers seem convinced they're going to the Music City...so I'm going with that, although the PSU news does throw a wrench in things. I bet the conference would negotiate to have the Mayo take Illinois in that case so Iowa can still get the MCB. That still puts Minnesota in the Pinstripe with Wisconsin and Maryland as a coin flip for Guaranteed Rate and Quick Lane.

Personally, I'm all in on attending the Music City for any opponent and the Mayo if they play FSU. Probably no others...so I'll be adding to the self-fulfilling prophecy that Gophes fans don't travel. Sorry.

We have the same record as Illinois. Is there any reason to think that they couldn't be placed in the Pinstripe Bowl if all that came to be? Got to remember that the Gophers were jumped by Wisconsin and Purdue last year with the same records despite beating them head to head. Not sure there's anything keeping Illinois from dropping this year. Who really knows?

You're not saying anything that people don't already know. The problem is that the choices can't always be left to the bowls. The conference has to flex its muscle sometimes. If they don't, some schools will always be discriminated against. We were told a few years back that the conference was trying to do that more.

I am trying to be positive about the Pinhead Bowl but checking the hotel prices in New York puts a stop to that.

You're not saying anything that people don't already know. The problem is that the choices can't always be left to the bowls. The conference has to flex its muscle sometimes. If they don't, some schools will always be discriminated against. We were told a few years back that the conference was trying to do that more.
We were? Link?

I really don't think the Big Ten gives a s__t about the bowls below the Music City.

I think they just want to win the big bowl games against the SEC. The others, meh. Collect the pay out, golf clap if we win, move on.

The more you know:

While it is the third-largest mayonnaise brand in the United States (behind Hellmann's and Kraft), its popularity was at first largely limited to the South.[

So, it's something you would put in your potato salad while also eating boiled peanuts and drinking sweet tea. Perhaps you could finish with sweet potato pie for dessert.

I am trying to be positive about the Pinhead Bowl but checking the hotel prices in New York puts a stop to that.

I doubt they would be any worse than Nashville during special times and events. Nashville hoteliers can really jack up prices on certain holidays or event times (like the big music industry convention).

Top Bottom