All Things Tyler Johnson Thread

Good news. Kill has really established a strong in-state recruiting program.

Ignore these fools with terrible reading comprehension. Most of us appreciate what you add to the board. You sure as hell contribute more interesting information than most people on here, myself included.

Very well said.

I think I figured out why Fawkes gets chastised: Not one single post on Mitch's belly fire in any given game. Does he even watch football? How could he possibly be connected?

Guy is the most informative poster on this site, and it's not even close. I could care less where it comes from, as long as he fills these threads with 2016 RECRUITING gold. After all, that's why we all come here. Not to read 100 different people saying, "sweet! welcome!" to a 17 year old kid who isn't going to read it.

Ignore these fools with terrible reading comprehension. Most of us appreciate what you add to the board. You sure as hell contribute more interesting information than most people on here, myself included.
Be nice to see him get walk on spot for hoops after football season. Between him and Sharp, that would be two pretty good players for walkons

Uphill or downwnhill, with the wind or against the wind, natural turf or pretend turf, electric timed or hand timed?

Since you now live in Arizona it would be mountain time.

The sky is the limit for this kid. DB or WR ? Possible basketball walk on down the line?

An interview with him said he was recruited "as an athlete" and he's willing to play anywhere. He doesn't expect to play QB. DB, WR, safety seem like likely possible roles.

Very well said.

I think I figured out why Fawkes gets chastised: Not one single post on Mitch's belly fire in any given game. Does he even watch football? How could he possibly be connected?

Guy is the most informative poster on this site, and it's not even close. I could care less where it comes from, as long as he fills these threads with 2016 RECRUITING gold. After all, that's why we all come here. Not to read 100 different people saying, "sweet! welcome!" to a 17 year old kid who isn't going to read it.

I don't care that Fawkes posts information from the pay site. He's a tool because he acts like he's an insider when he's clearly not. Name one piece of information he's ever posted that wasn't known by others? My grandma knew Coffey and Curry were going to commit, that's hardly a leap.

He's literally regurgitating exactly what Burns writes within hours of Burns posting it. But I'm glad you found a hero.

Nah, Travis was a U lean the week up to his decision. Decided Stanford a night before. I was hearing the exact same thing Guy Fawkes was as were many others. Can’t fault him for that.

Maybe, maybe not. Point is, as others have said, I have yet to see anything from Guy that shows he actually has information other than what we all get from pay sites and other reporters (and then adding speculation or conclusions). Alleged "questions" or "issues" with Tyler Johnson have long been reported by Scout and GI, and Guy just repeats it here with the claim that he doesn't want to say what those issues are (in reality, he likely doesn't know what they are because Burns and others chose not to report them).

Personally, I find Tyler Johnson's recruiting saga very strange and perhaps concerning. He's a great athlete and had "real" offers from both Wisconsin and Iowa this summer, along with Minnesota of course, and could have committed to any of them this summer... but almost waited so long that none of them were commit-able (IA and WI aren't, and I'm guessing he had 2 weeks more, at most, for the Gopher offer, with all those db's visiting on Halloween). And recently it did seem that we were reluctant to take his commitment. Having heard nothing about grades or any behavioral issues, I would speculate that the "issues" involve he and our staff getting on the same page about his football future/desire/commitment (seems apparent that if he had the opportunity, he'd have rather played high major bb).

Very well said.

Crap. I agree with a "The Bulldog" post. Double crap.

Another Minnesotan that will be an impact player. Great news!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

STrib: Polars QB Tyler Johnson brings pride back to North Side

Tyler Johnson steps through a set of double-doors into a windswept cement courtyard between the two buildings that make up Minneapolis North High School, looking nothing like the superman he’s become.

There’s no cape on his quarter-zip gray sweater, and the closest thing to an “S” on his chest is a North Polars logo. Fawning adoration is hard to detect. He gets a handshake from one of the few students enjoying a sunny, late autumn day, a bro-hug from another. In this setting, Johnson is more Clark Kent than his alter ego.

But make no mistake, the 6-3 185-pound quarterback is clearly someone worth noticing. His movements, on and off the football field, are measured yet graceful. He’s lean, but there’s no sign of awkwardness, even with his pants slung low in the current fashion mode. He’s one of those kids who moves easily through space, cool without trying to be.

“His level of humility is amazing,” North boys’ basketball coach Larry McKenzie said. “He’s different than most young athletes in that he’s very humble. He doesn’t let things go to his head.”

Johnson will lead Minneapolis North in the Class 1A championship game in Saturday’s Prep Bowl, the first Minneapolis public school to play in the 34-year-old tournament.

It’s a crowning achievement for the school, once targeted for closure due to falling enrollment, and speaks to Johnson, who also stars in basketball, as arguably the most influential prep athlete in Minnesota.

http://www.mnfootballhub.com/news_article/show/576334

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

This looks like Stefon Diggs. I think his spot is more at WR than FS. He's a QB in hs and his place is on offense, making plays.
If we lose Snelson, this is the kid that'll help me get over it..

Might end up as our best recruit and the most athletic.

Nice catch. Curious to see what side of the ball he lines up on for the Gophers. Talented kid.

Nice catch. Curious to see what side of the ball he lines up on for the Gophers. Talented kid.

Perhaps he will get reps on both offense and defense......old school football style when guys were expected to play both in some capacity. If I recall correctly, doesn't Jabril Peppers from Michigan do double duty (including some kick return work)?

I have only seen Johnson play once in my life (prep bowl) so I am not an expert, but I hope he plays offense. I was not impressed with his tackling and even though Minneota has a good program I am sure they are a looonnnggg ways from the Big Ten.

Might end up as our best recruit and the most athletic.

I agree with this assessment 100%. Just because there are so many great players in the 2016 class from Minnesota, he probably doesn't have as much hype as he would most other years. I think most guys that follow recruiting though, realize that Tyler Johnson is a pretty important recruit for Minnesota. We just don't get as many athletes like him in our backyard that often. Hopefully the class of 2016 is not an aberration because recruits like Johnson and Hiemelwski that can run, and jump out of the gym are rare for Minnesota. I can see why they are a confident bunch when you can create mis-matches like that and know your good, it's hard not to be a little confident.

Top Bottom