All Things Tyler Johnson Thread

per Joe:

Rivals.com ranks Johnson as the No. 2 recruit from Minnesota, behind Eden Prairie linebacker Carter Coughlin, who committed to the Gophers this spring.

The Gophers now have 18 commitments for the Class of 2016, including 10 from Minnesota. Other in-state recruits include: Jojo Garcia, Sam Schlueter, Phillip Howard, Drew Hmielewski, Kamal Martin, Thomas Barber, Matt Kegel and Conner Olson.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...hnson-a-minneapolis-north-standout/331940351/

Go Gophers!!
Thank you for this!

Good Lord. Do we need to go through this again? Guy gives solid info which many of us appreciate. It's clear to me that he has some connections beyond paying for a website and he's been kind enough to pass along what he has heard or what he believes. Please keep posting, Guy. Count me as a supporter.

Reid Travis clearly was a last minute change that didn't make Guy's info bad or wrong at the time it was shared. A teenage kid changed his mind. Those who are still unable to grasp what happened need to take a deep breath and a knee bend and move on.

That said, I'm really excited that nearly all the state's top players want to stay home.

Ski-U-Mah!!!

Agreed! In this case, GuyF was just adding his opinion on the matter, I don't see the big deal. Glad for the recruiting get, either way.

Agreed! In this case, GuyF was just adding his opinion on the matter, I don't see the big deal. Glad for the recruiting get, either way.

GuyF is no different than Zach or Burns or any of them. They all stole from Kyle Kesell.

Guy Fawkes is a tool because he acts like he's an insider. It's fine that he posts updates, but he is simply regurgitating what Burns says on the pay site. He is not in any way linked in.

Isn't Guy F. the guy who claimed Reid Travis would be a Gopher? And now this crap. He is a tool. I have an inside source who told me last week Tyler was a lock.

Impressive class. Big Mo on our side with the facilities improvements, positive win on the road, young guys stepping up all over the field. Love what this staff is doing.

We deleted a couple of posts that went way off-topic. Johnson's commitment is a biggie for Minnesota and we'd like to keep this thread focused on that.

Welcome Tyler! Thanks for staying home, where you will be appreciated long after football...

Welcome Tyler Johnson

Welcome Tyler to the U and Ski-U-Mah! Always appreciate when Minnesota guys stay home and pick the U.
The Minnesota guys are helping build that brick wall around the state we have all dreamed about.
We will always need other players but the Minnesota guys will build the heart and soul of this program and return
some of that faded pedigree.
Congratulations and Go Gophers

That's great. Wisconsin was not shut out of Minnesota either way. I hate when Ruppert's Wisconsin obsession makes me have to correct errors in their favor.

I assume he means shut out for players that we offered.

Welcome aboard Tyler! This incoming class just keeps getting better!

The sky is the limit for this kid. DB or WR ? Possible basketball walk on down the line?

The sky is the limit for this kid. DB or WR ? Possible basketball walk on down the line?

Sounds like they're bringing him in strictly as an athlete and will figure out his position later.

Stupid question of the day: Does he play defense in high school? Watched a couple of minutes of highlights.. only offense.

Stupid question of the day: Does he play defense in high school? Watched a couple of minutes of highlights.. only offense.

Yes he does. die hard gopher posted a video of him playing defense in post #13 of this thread.

Keep the defensive side of the ball athletic. I'm all for making him a D back.

He should be a d back in college, I'd very surprised if he wasn't.

Any chance he plays hoops too at the U? I get that it would take a special athlete, but he looks the part on the field and on the court. So smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignore these fools with terrible reading comprehension. Most of us appreciate what you add to the board. You sure as hell contribute more interesting information than most people on here, myself included.

Again I didn't say it wasn't solid, I just said I find it surprising from what I have heard in the past, obviously things have been worked out since then. You and others took my skepticism as fact, when it was purely speculative on my part from what I heard in the past. I like how people want to call me out on things I'm clearly being speculative of like this but will turn a blind eye when I report that Amir and Curry will both be committing during the week before your precious "insiders" or before the players even announced that will be making their decisions. If you don't care for the info I provide, thats fine move on, but complain about it, from the messages I get, others actually care for it, and I post for them not you.

Top Bottom