All Things Tyler Johnson Thread

I hated how our QB hit Wolitarsky right in the hands on a deep ball in the Bowl Game.

I'd love a thread to be able to voice my opinion of Woli. I'm so sick of seeing that happen over and over. How do you break CA receiving records with hands of stone?

I'd love a thread to be able to voice my opinion of Woli.

It's a real shame that posters can't start threads to discuss the things that they're interested in discussing.

It's a real shame that posters can't start threads to discuss the things that they're interested in discussing.

Agreed. I guarantee if I started a bash Woli thread that I would be tarred and feathered in the GH.

Anyway, I shouldn't have derailed Tyler's thread. I'm really excited for him in M&G.

There have been plenty of plays left on the field in the last couple of seasons by every position. As our talent level increases I expect that to continue, but we'll see more dynamic plays.

Am I the only one that wants TJ on defense? Winning starts there.

Tyler yammed on some kids from downstate on Saturday.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QoLLL4DlbTg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QoLLL4DlbTg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The kid needs to grow up. Throwing yams on someone is never acceptable.

Johnson has some very easy "ups."

Yes. I saw him play defense in high school... He is a great athlete, not a great defensive football player.
He is a great athlete. That is what counts going to the next level. I like him at receiver myself.. City conference player of the year in football and basketball three years in a row. He is a special talent.

If I have a concern, it's with his attitude. If you've watched North play FB or BB, you see a lot of very undisciplined play from multiple players. I suspect the Gopher FB coaches are going to keep a pretty tight rein on Johnson until they make sure he's got all of the "high school" stuff out of his system.

Great talent - no dispute about that - but I've talked to coaches who played against North, and they did not have a lot of good things to say about the sportsmanship - or lack thereof - from the North players.

Where to even start on this. So coaches that get their butts handed to them don't like it? Surprise. North plays uptempo and are they the most disciplined? Heck no but undisciplined nope. This kid is a 3.5 student volunteers in the community. This kid has a great chance to show kids in our biggest city that it is cool to play sports and go to the u. It's a shame how many d1 football players come from our biggest city. This kid has a real chance to be an impactful player and more importantly is a great kid. High school stuff not sure what that means don't want to assume.

If I have a concern, it's with his attitude. If you've watched North play FB or BB, you see a lot of very undisciplined play from multiple players. I suspect the Gopher FB coaches are going to keep a pretty tight rein on Johnson until they make sure he's got all of the "high school" stuff out of his system.

Great talent - no dispute about that - but I've talked to coaches who played against North, and they did not have a lot of good things to say about the sportsmanship - or lack thereof - from the North players.

Where to even start on this. So coaches that get their butts handed to them don't like it? Surprise. North plays uptempo and are they the most disciplined? Heck no but undisciplined nope. This kid is a 3.5 student volunteers in the community. This kid has a great chance to show kids in our biggest city that it is cool to play sports and go to the u. It's a shame how many d1 football players come from our biggest city. This kid has a real chance to be an impactful player and more importantly is a great kid. High school stuff not sure what that means don't want to assume.

Yeah I am rooting Tyler and North. They took a school that was very close to closing and brought some of the athletic prestige back to the school. Red Lake had a great season too by the way. I would like to see Braham play North as I think it would be a great game.

I've heard the same from North faculty. Lots of talent but need more discipline. Work ethic in practice was lacking as well, but they just kept winning anyway. It's probably why they lost in the playoffs two years ago and then at the state title this past season.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've heard the same from North faculty. Lots of talent but need more discipline. Work ethic in practice was lacking as well, but they just kept winning anyway. <b>It's probably why they lost in the playoffs two years ago and then at the state title this past season.</b>

Wow. Just wow.

Too much sterotyping here. From all indications Tyler is a great kid and a source of pride to the North Side.

Too much sterotyping here. From all indications Tyler is a great kid and a source of pride to the North Side.
Not stereotyping, just going off what coaches were telling my friends who are North faculty. I'm guessing he's a great person, tremendous athlete and has the potential to bring in more athletes from Minneapolis to the U.

Saw the tourney today- TJ is the best athlete this team has had since Marqueis. we'll be lucky he doesn't switch to roundball.

He is a great athlete. That is what counts going to the next level. I like him at receiver myself.. City conference player of the year in football and basketball three years in a row. He is a special talent.

I have the same exact thoughts as you.

Saw the tourney today- TJ is the best athlete this team has had since Marqueis. we'll be lucky he doesn't switch to roundball.

As long as it's Pitino, I'm ok with it. The kid has all the tools for both sports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom