All Things Malik Rucker Thread

Evan Flood ‏ @Evan_Flood247
Minneapolis (Minn.) Robbinsdale Cooper CB Malik Rucker says #PennState, #Cal, and #UCLA have started showing interest.

Evan_Flood247 Evan Flood
See what three-star CB Malik Rucker had to say about the #badgers and possibly earning a UW offer http://t.co/wRgZnhKJ via @247Sports

So is this a recruiting violation? http://instagr.am/p/KoXunYQwNA/

Another tweet that I saw: Malik Rucker ‏@MRuck2
Minnesota is soo behind in everything
Collapse
Reply Retweet Favorite
8:11 PM - 9 May 12 via web · Details
I sure hope not, because we did the same thing for Alex Mayes.

But to answer your question, no, it's not. Oregon gave LaMichael James his own comic book for cripes sakes.

Not sure if that tweet is directed at the school or at the state, but in either event I've never felt terribly confident about Rucker. Some people read too much into his comments about what a dream it would be to get a Minnesota offer (or something like that). Everyone wants an offer until they get another one they think is better. I hope he likes corn and the smell of pig *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

I sure hope not, because we did the same thing for Alex Mayes.

But to answer your question, no, it's not. Oregon gave LaMichael James his own comic book for cripes sakes.

Not sure if that tweet is directed at the school or at the state, but in either event I've never felt terribly confident about Rucker. Some people read too much into his comments about what a dream it would be to get a Minnesota offer (or something like that). Everyone wants an offer until they get another one they think is better. I hope he likes corn and the smell of pig *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

The one difference, and I believe this would be the key, between what he got and what Mayes shows that he gets from the gophers is the picture. If you look at what Mayes shows, they are pictures of him, but they are either just of him in street clothes or his high school uniform/game pictures. The ones Malik Rucker is getting from Iowa State, and there have been other ones Rucker has shown of the same variety, depict him in an Iowa State uniform. My belief is that it is a violation to simulate a player in a team uniform, although I am not sure. If that is the case, it would be fine what the Gophers are doing, but Iowa State's would be a violation.

Although I do say that with little, if any knowledge of the actual rules.

Boy, I sure am glad we waited so long to offer him.

Are we sure he wasn't referring to the state of MN? I believe the Gophers have sent similar stuff to Rucker.

I have been high on Rucker for a long time and posted such on another recruiting thread. I see from Rivals he picked up his offer from UMN, so that is fantastic as far as I am concerned. Although he has a total of 9 BCS offers, based on his interview it's my guess he will verbal to the Gophers. I think he is a good in-state get and I for one will be thrilled!

LucasTrickleGI Lucas Trickle
RT @BlairRIVALS: Malik Rucker names top 7 - #Minnesota, #Iowa, #IowaState, #ArizonaState, #Illinois, #Kansas, and #NCState.

LucasTrickleGI Lucas Trickle
RT @BlairRIVALS: Malik Rucker names top 7 - #Minnesota, #Iowa, #IowaState, #ArizonaState, #Illinois, #Kansas, and #NCState.

I know we can't read too much into it but he didn't do it in alphabetical order!

Malik Rucker to Iowa

From Lucas Trickle:

I have confirmed that Malik Rucker has indeed chose Iowa over Minnesota, Iowa State, ASU, and others.

Alright guys, let's not go too hard on him. Swinophobia is a real problem for some people, they have to make sure they take precautions to never get near pigs.

It appears the Iowa coaches avoided the sorority houses on his visit though...

Disappointing, we haven't lost a Minnesota kid to Iowa for quite a while (Binns/Eubanks?).

If only Josh Sternquist was still around.

Doubt we ever had a chance. Sounds like his dad and buddies all hate the U cause they never got looks back in the day. I don't think he ever grew up liking MN.

Doubt we ever had a chance. Sounds like his dad and buddies all hate the U cause they never got looks back in the day. I don't think he ever grew up liking MN.

His coaches at Cooper all went to the U...You would think that would play in the U's favor...

Damn, this hurts almost as bad as the time Andre McDonald went to Vandy.

Damn, this hurts almost as bad as the time Andre McDonald went to Vandy.
I wouldn't go that far, McDonald IMO is a far superior prospect at a skill position. Plus they've already got a commitment from Keelon Brookins and have Kierre Rhodes waiting in the wings. Still it does sting a bit.

My life is ruined i can't take it anymore i'm walking down the center line of 694 and taking my chances!

I'm not saying Kill has to offer every in-state kid early, but if this class doesn't end up including Rucker or Cottrell, I don't think that's a good sign. These are both talented Big 10 caliber football players. It isn't a very deep in-state class this season for us to be losing out on these kids of recruits.

Oh well, I liked what Kill did the last couple of years, so this isn't a Kill bashing post.

Top Bottom