All Things Malik Rucker Thread

Considering all the crap we are cleaning up from the Brewster era and his recruiting, I have no problem with Kill holding the line on offering until he has seen him at camp or play in person. What concerns me about this kid is why didn't he attend any camps last summer? If you are serious about playing big time college football camps are an absolute must...and camps before your junior year lead to invitations to the top camps before your senior year.

Considering all the crap we are cleaning up from the Brewster era and his recruiting, I have no problem with Kill holding the line on offering until he has seen him at camp or play in person. What concerns me about this kid is why didn't he attend any camps last summer? If you are serious about playing big time college football camps are an absolute must...and camps before your junior year lead to invitations to the top camps before your senior year.

I thought he was at Junior Days?

I didn't say "the first 15 seconds"...

but you didn't qualify which 15 seconds to watch.. so the assumption is any 15 seconds.
rasholives: 1 dpod: 0

also, what are his 'measureables'? a lot of guys on this board will freak out if we offer a guy w/o solid measureables and who has not attended at least 2 dozen camps... and he is running track??? a red flag... why isn't working to increase his vertical by .05 instead?

also, what are his 'measureables'? a lot of guys on this board will freak out if we offer a guy w/o solid measureables and who has not attended at least 2 dozen camps... and he is running track??? a red flag... why isn't working to increase his vertical by .05 instead?

Just shut up. You can't even keep you BS lines straight.

not a basektball standout, doesn't run track, ...these are all red-flags. if i could watch him play basketball, i could learn about his timing, hands, strength, explosiveness off the floor, etc.. track would tell me about his flat-out speed...

Just go away instead of repeatedly displaying your ignorance.

but you didn't qualify which 15 seconds to watch.. so the assumption is any 15 seconds.
rasholives: 1 dpod: 0

No sh1t, Sherlock. That's exactly my point. The fact that it is any 15 seconds is what made his reply incorrect, you freaking moron.

Well he now has two BCS offers, so I'd say he's doing alright.

I support Kill's independent ability to offer whomever he wants, but when local kids start getting BCS offers, you don't want to get caught holding all of your cards. We need at least 2 more defensive backs for this class (we took a lot last year, but most of them were JUCOs). Unless he has a good feel about 2 guys he's already offered (Tedric Thompson seems like a decent get in addition to Brookins), I think he should pull the trigger on Rucker.

No sh1t, Sherlock. That's exactly my point. The fact that it is any 15 seconds is what made his reply incorrect, you freaking moron.

wow, dpod.. others aren't chiming to your defense because this is a swing/miss for you.

'any 15 seconds'... okay, i'll take the first 15 seconds.. per you....

wait for it..
wait..
wait..

yup.

still haven't got it?... re-read the one on my signature about the balloons.. same logic.

wow, dpod.. others aren't chiming to your defense because this is a swing/miss for you.

wait for it..
wait..
wait..

yup.

still haven't got it?... re-read the one on my signature about the balloons.. same logic.
Your hard-on for dpodoll is so obvious it's not even funny.

wait for it..
wait..
wait..

yup.

You make my brain hurt.

Actually, Dpo is correct....

He said "You can watch the video for 15 seconds and see that (Rucker is a BCS player)"

Now if you really want to get into one of these nonsensical debates about semantics, lets break down that phrase.

He does not say that if you watch the video for 15 seconds you WILL see that he is a BCS player. He is saying that you COULD watch the video for 15 seconds and see he was a BCS player. If you watch the first 15 seconds and the video, it wouldn't show you anything. However, that does not make his statement false.

For example, you can go to Chipotle and order a burrito. The fact that you could go there and order tacos does not make the fact that you "can order a burrito", false.

Now if Dpo said, if you watch 15 seconds of his tape, you will see that he is a BCS caliber football player. Than, saying, "not if I watch the first 15 seconds", you'd be right. But he used the word "can" and not "will".

Actually, Dpo is correct....

He said "You can watch the video for 15 seconds and see that (Rucker is a BCS player)"

Now if you really want to get into one of these nonsensical debates about semantics, lets break down that phrase.

He does not say that if you watch the video for 15 seconds you WILL see that he is a BCS player. He is saying that you COULD watch the video for 15 seconds and see he was a BCS player. If you watch the first 15 seconds and the video, it wouldn't show you anything. However, that does not make his statement false.

For example, you can go to Chipotle and order a burrito. The fact that you could go there and order tacos does not make the fact that you "can order a burrito", false.

Now if Dpo said, if you watch 15 seconds of his tape, you will see that he is a BCS caliber football player. Than, saying, "not if I watch the first 15 seconds", you'd be right. But he used the word "can" and not "will".

again, the statement:

"You can watch the video for 15 seconds and see that (Rucker is a BCS player)"

1.) dpod didn't specify which 15 seconds. i think we all agree. so dpod loses that point.
2.) you are saying this is implied: "OR you can watch the video for 15 and see that Rucker is NOT a BCS player".. you assume the emphasis on 'can'.. i don't see it.

but i do get your point..

however, what if i told you this:

"you can see this gun in my hand and know that i want you wallet".

you would assume I don't want you wallet? I dont think there's a judge in town that would agree. but i do see you angle.

Blah, blah, blah

You really don't understand this logic stuff do you.

For example, in your "killer" burn of Dpo below:

dboy: "if i have 11 items, ex: balloons, and none of them inflate, the 2nd-best is 'not good'. "

That means that the 2nd one is equally as good as any other one, thus, Dpo's quote is accurate.

You won't agree with me, because it doesn't square with what you want to hear.

You really don't understand this logic stuff do you.

For example, in your "killer" burn of Dpo below:

dboy: "if i have 11 items, ex: balloons, and none of them inflate, the 2nd-best is 'not good'. "

That means that the 2nd one is equally as good as any other one, thus, Dpo's quote is accurate.

You won't agree with me, because it doesn't square with what you want to hear.

Gonorrhea is probably the second best STD to get, I still wouldn't want to catch it.

I'm enjoying how some of you are getting caught up in a pissing match between GH's versions of Carl Winslow and Steve Urkel. The semantics of a statement regarding 15 seconds of a high schooler's highlight video have never been so spectacularly gripping and enjoyable. Also, depressingly revealing about how we choose to spend our free time.

Thanks for the entertainment! Spring practice cannot come soon enough.

I'm enjoying how some of you are getting caught up in a pissing match between GH's versions of Carl Winslow and Steve Urkel. The semantics of a statement regarding 15 seconds of a high schooler's highlight video have never been so spectacularly gripping and enjoyable. Also, depressingly revealing about how we choose to spend our free time.

Thanks for the entertainment! Spring practice cannot come soon enough.

Your rapist wit has really cut to the core of me, Baxter.

Could you shake things up for a change and try not obsessing over me in a disproportionate number of your posts? Three posts in the last 6 weeks, and two of them are obsessing over me.

Most recent post: Pop culture references from 1991 are always awesome!

Third most recent post: You used your freaking annual survey to obsess over me. I mean, seriously. Perhaps it's time to reassess your priorities when posting here.

Sixth most recent post: Defending some tool from North Dakota who was ripping on my audacious desire to keep the board on-topic.

Tenth most recent post: Wishing "debilitating carpal tunnel syndrome" on me. Always super classy, and of course falling right in line with your desires to see other teams' players suffer season-ending knee injuries.

Eleventh most recent post: Ripping on me directly for my audacious desire to keep the board on-topic.

I issue you a challenge. Let's see how many posts you can go without using this Gophers football forum as an outlet to express your obsession with me. Prove to someone, anyone, even yourself, that you're not completely useless as a poster on this forum.

Actually, it'd be more because you're showing advanced level idiocy and we all know better than to point it out as you are too dense (or trolling to hard) to notice or care.

Your rapist wit has really cut to the core of me, Baxter.

Could you shake things up for a change and try not obsessing over me in a disproportionate number of your posts? Three posts in the last 6 weeks, and two of them are obsessing over me.

Most recent post: Pop culture references from 1991 are always awesome!

Third most recent post: You used your freaking annual survey to obsess over me. I mean, seriously. Perhaps it's time to reassess your priorities when posting here.

Sixth most recent post: Defending some tool from North Dakota who was ripping on my audacious desire to keep the board on-topic.

Tenth most recent post: Wishing "debilitating carpal tunnel syndrome" on me. Always super classy, and of course falling right in line with your desires to see other teams' players suffer season-ending knee injuries.

Eleventh most recent post: Ripping on me directly for my audacious desire to keep the board on-topic.

I issue you a challenge. Let's see how many posts you can go without using this Gophers football forum as an outlet to express your obsession with me. Prove to someone, anyone, even yourself, that you're not completely useless as a poster on this forum.

"Useless" is ambiguous and arbitrary. I think I speak for quite a few posters who are unwilling to speak up to you because they either are too mature to to do so, don't have the time, or both (That's right, I'm immature. Revel in that admission, as I'm sure you are/will). I appreciate input from quite a few on this site, and then there's you, with your ego which has manifested itself to massive proportions due to delusions of importance stemming from a trip to an airport over a year ago and researching/analyzing all naysayers into the ground at a blitzkrieg pace.

It's really as simple as this: You are completely and utterly obsessed with yourself and how much smarter you are than almost everyone else on this site in regards to general intelligence. If you weren't a complete jackhole and didn't lord your self perceived superiority over people who you thought were lesser than you, or people you wrote off as idiots because of their perspective, I wouldn't say a damn thing to you. Unfortunately, you're one of the reasons that people remain lurkers. You may be a huge microphone for our Gopher teams, but you intimidate the piss out of people you don't agree with, and no one of significance raises their voice to you because they either rise above it all, unlike myself, or you ostracize them into submission.

Me? I'll speak up for those who have the audacity to write something that can just be ignored if it doesn't belong, which is what normal, well adjusted posters on forums usually do. My posts are generally in response to your asshattery to someone else, or your asshattery in general. Someone with half a brain has to, because your attitude does not help this website when that ego implodes in response to some kind of perceived wrong. Also, you are way too easy to get a rise out of.

Am I "obsessed?" Barely. At least not in the jilted lover, b(s)jm ;O) fashion. But I don't need to qualify the value of particular posts to anyone, let alone you. I'll post about Gopher football when I want to, and I will point out your flaws when I feel the need arises. Let the mods sort it out, as they likely will with this one. Outside of that, ignore me. I'm quite surprised you haven't to this point, but it always comes down to that ego and the necessity to criticize and minimize the significance of others, right?

I look forward to your scathing reply, and I'm your huckleberry (another 90's reference FTW).

It's really as simple as this: You are completely and utterly obsessed with yourself and how much smarter you are than almost everyone else on this site in regards to general intelligence. If you weren't a complete jackhole and didn't lord your self perceived superiority over people who you thought were lesser than you, or people you wrote off as idiots because of their perspective, I wouldn't say a damn thing to you. Unfortunately, you're one of the reasons that people remain lurkers. You may be a huge microphone for our Gopher teams, but you intimidate the piss out of people you don't agree with, and no one of significance raises their voice to you because they either rise above it all, unlike myself, or you ostracize them into submission.

But it's probably true. ;)

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I usually enjoy dpodoll68's posts. Yeah, sometimes I don't agree at all with what he's saying. But I think some people take him way too seriously. JMO.

Top Bottom