All Things Malik Rucker Thread

So what do you think the logic was not offering him at Junior Day? Just out of curiosity. I know it doesn't matter because he got the offer, and sometimes a little waiting is good, but still.
He didn't have an Iowa offer at junior day; he does now.

I suspect there were 75+ kids around on Jr. day. Perhaps Coach Kill wanted to present the offer when there were less people around and he had more time to discuss the subject with Rucker. Just a guess on my part.

That's what I was thinking as well.

I suspect there were 75+ kids around on Jr. day. Perhaps Coach Kill wanted to present the offer when there were less people around and he had more time to discuss the subject with Rucker. Just a guess on my part.
They gave Brookins an offer after junior day.

How soon till he commits? Lets go, gopher nation is building momentum. Each MN kid that decides to play at the U just adds more reason to love the home state team.

So what do you think the logic was not offering him at Junior Day? Just out of curiosity. I know it doesn't matter because he got the offer, and sometimes a little waiting is good, but still.

Kill doesn't make offers until he speaks to friends, teachers, family, and other acquaintances of each player. He's made that clear in the past. With the other players that he has offered, that homework has already been done. Likely, that is what was done here.

Kill doesn't make offers until he speaks to friends, teachers, family, and other acquaintances of each player. He's made that clear in the past. With the other players that he has offered, that homework has already been done. Likely, that is what was done here.

To piggy back on this, I feel like Kill vets the in-state guys a litte more/harder because when the offer is made there is no going back on it. It seems like he talks to a lot people in the community about each kid before giving that offer. If Iowa pulls Ruckers offer in Sept no one in the Iowa fanbase cares, if Kill would pull an in-state offer there would be a ton of negative feedback. He just chooses to take a little more time on these guys. Agree with it or not, it appears that is his strategy.

To piggy back on this, I feel like Kill vets the in-state guys a litte more/harder because when the offer is made there is no going back on it. It seems like he talks to a lot people in the community about each kid before giving that offer. If Iowa pulls Ruckers offer in Sept no one in the Iowa fanbase cares, if Kill would pull an in-state offer there would be a ton of negative feedback. He just chooses to take a little more time on these guys. Agree with it or not, it appears that is his strategy.

Very good point

That's a really good point on the in-state guys, furthermore, I also think it can often be an administrative matter. They have to go through a ton of tape and maybe they had just not gotten done reviewing Malik's tape. It's still so early in the process, i'm sure they told Malik that they just wanted to review some more tape and they'll get back to him.

Malik and his dad were at Nebraska this weekend to watch the start of spring practices. He doesn't have an offer there yet however because they are still evaluating him due to a new DB coach starting last week. His dad and brother both played there however. They also had Bill Belichick onsite there this weekend.

I've heard (from a reliable source albeit) that he has not committed yet because he does not like to commit to a school until he has evaluated them in person. It might just be that one of his handlers is still watching tapes (They're backlogged this time of year) But I am sure that if he is truly a B1G caliber player he will be committing to the Gophers after spending more time with Coach Kill and evaluating his skills.

I've heard (from a reliable source albeit) that he has not committed yet because he does not like to commit to a school until he has evaluated them in person. It might just be that one of his handlers is still watching tapes (They're backlogged this time of year) But I am sure that if he is truly a B1G caliber player he will be committing to the Gophers after spending more time with Coach Kill and evaluating his skills.
I take it you do not agree with the coaching staffs decision to hold the offer for 2 weeks?

I take it you do not agree with the coaching staffs decision to hold the offer for 2 weeks?

No I just figured I might be able to reignite a pissing match or two... Blame it on the masochist in me.

Rucker just received an offer from Arizona State. His current BCS offers are: Arizona State, Boston College, Duke, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Minnesota, and NC State.

#Minnesota DB Malik Rucker plans to visit both the #Iowa #Hawkeyes and #IowaState #Cyclones this weekend.

Take it for what it's worth: Rucker's Twitter profile picture is him in the new Gophers football helmet and a Gophers jacket. Rucker also recently tweeted: To be great you have to be different .. You have to be uncommon !!! I wonder if that uncommon is related to the Gophers off-season video.

Take it for what it's worth: Rucker's Twitter profile picture is him in the new Gophers football helmet and a Gophers jacket. Rucker also recently tweeted: To be great you have to be different .. You have to be uncommon !!! I wonder if that uncommon is related to the Gophers off-season video.

I wonder if he was there for the Dungy day.

Isn't that a secondary violation, putting him in a uniform like that?

It likely is but I believe putting him up on the scoreboard like that is also a violation, as is displaying him in the team's uniform.

I'm actually in an NCAA Compliance class this semester and it is indeed a violation if ISU produced this.

here is the Bylaw:
13.7.3 Activities During Unofficial Visit. An institution may not arrange miscellaneous, personalized recruiting aids (e.g., personalized jerseys, personalized audio/visual scoreboard presentations)...

It looks like a photoshop.

I say it is a violation. The appropriate punishment should be that Floyd is banned from Iowa for another year!

Didn't Gophers get hit for secondary violation when recruiting Seantrel Henderson by putting him on the jumbotron for his official recruiting visit at the bank?

Didn't Gophers get hit for secondary violation when recruiting Seantrel Henderson by putting him on the jumbotron for his official recruiting visit at the bank?

Yes they did! Brewster was banned from making anymore cut out football players from his Barbie and Ken cut out book.

Top Bottom