All Things Gophers Basketball Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

Dunn will be on an official at the same time as Jayden Pierre the same day as Gophers take on Ohio State

Based on 247:

Dunn - 6'6", 190
Ola-Joseph - 6'6", 200
Okpara - 6'6", 195

Based on 247:

Dunn - 6'6", 190
Ola-Joseph - 6'6", 200
Okpara - 6'6", 195
I've seen Chisom Okpara listed as big as 6-7, 220. It's been my impression he is more of a big while Dunn and Ola-Joseph are wings. Who knows, kids still growing at this age and basketball is positionless.

Take all three if they want to play for the Gophers. There's room.

I've seen Chisom Okpara listed as big as 6-7, 220. It's been my impression he is more of a big while Dunn and Ola-Joseph are wings. Who knows, kids still growing at this age and basketball is positionless.

Take all three if they want to play for the Gophers. There's room.
Yeah, the pictures I looked at seemed as though Chisom was pretty well put together, at least upper-body wise. I guess what I don't want is to get like Dunn and Ola-Joseph and have one of them be unhappy and transfer out after a year.

Yeah, the pictures I looked at seemed as though Chisom was pretty well put together, at least upper-body wise. I guess what I don't want is to get like Dunn and Ola-Joseph and have one of them be unhappy and transfer out after a year.
If that starts happening then you know you have arrived in the recruiting world.

Chisom was listed as a Guard on the team that he played with Thompson.

there will be plenty of PT to go around if they land them both. would imagine if the roster ends up that young those guys are going to be rotating heavily

I get it, but you're thinking about players who don't even play here yet already transferring. Take anyone who has talent, let the coaches coach, worry about the rest later.

Based on 247:

Dunn - 6'6", 190
Ola-Joseph - 6'6", 200
Okpara - 6'6", 195
We haven’t seen the new BenBall. Fill the team with 6-6, 195 players and cycle the ball like the Harlem Globetrotters. Blend in some hockey cycling and changing players on the fly. It will be fun to watch.

It does seem to be the way the game is evolving - both in the college game and the pros. Get one big man, one point/combo guard and then a whole bunch of wing players in that 6'5" 6'6" range who can shoot 3's or drive to the basket. (and hopefully guard somebody....note to T-Wolves...)

Competing with Virginia for a player not from Minnesota, somethings changed.
I would be very surprised if it was UVA as they have 4 to give and will only use 3 and they are in the lead for 3 in a big way. Dunn has blown up and would be ranked top 100 if they did it today.

I would be very surprised if it was UVA as they have 4 to give and will only use 3 and they are in the lead for 3 in a big way. Dunn has blown up and would be ranked top 100 if they did it today.
I'm glad to see someone on this board is locked into UVA recruiting.

You do not have to read it. Thought some might find opinions that relate to one of our targets interesting. Just like some may find your comment interesting even though it is not about a targeted recruit.
It was good info, never said there was anything wrong with your comment and it directly related to someone else we offered. There are three sure things in life: Death, taxes, and Built having info on Virginia recruiting.

Does anyone know how/when 247Sports updates their recruiting ratings? I notice several of our targets are still unrated. I assume they wait for the actual season to start, but thought they might base things off AAU.

It was good info, never said there was anything wrong with your comment and it directly related to someone else we offered. There are three sure things in life: Death, taxes, and Built having info on Virginia recruiting.
Just know it is not always good. Teenagers change their minds and like most non blue bloods if they do not get their top guys early they do not get them. Great program for the U to model, high character, smart and tough teams, great defense.I just know Marcus Jenkins is very respected for his abilities and drive. This staff has some impressive pieces.

Last edited:

Just know it is not always good. Teenagers change their minds and like most non blue bloods if they do not get their top guys early they do not get them. Great program for the U to model, high character, smart and tough teams, great defense.
You take yourself far too seriously, but I'm sure you already know that.

Does anyone know how/when 247Sports updates their recruiting ratings? I notice several of our targets are still unrated. I assume they wait for the actual season to start, but thought they might base things off AAU.
I'd rather not remind them, we don't need more blue bloods sniffing around Pharel Payne.

Minnesota: “Coach Ben Johnson is clear on what he is trying to build and shared how I fit in very nicely. They have expressed very strong interest and continue to be very very keen on me being part of the team. My teammate from last year is now there.”

Go Gophers!!
Ya know he is not super clear on the ‘how’

Top Bottom