All Things Gophers Basketball Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

So you think carrington and payne are 0 stars? Not good players?
I think both are solid 3 stars and i know so many players that were 3 stars that became multiple conference champions, national titles, all conference players and NBA players. Time will tell exactly what these two win and how well they play. will really enjoy watching it play out.

Prince Aligbe? Not many options? Gophers mens basketball has sunk to the point where we get psyched about 0 stars because we think our local sports writers know more about top talent than people who get paid to rank players and the top programs who recruit them.
247 still has a lot of fixing to do from this summer. Rankings are still screwed up from Covid and lack of seeing them last year. Check back in September and you’ll probably be happier by the rankings

247 still has a lot of fixing to do from this summer. Rankings are still screwed up from Covid and lack of seeing them last year. Check back in September and you’ll probably be happier by the rankings
Not much to evaluate from about mid March 2020 until play this summer

not to mention with distance learning some HS kids probably didn’t have a lot of access to HS coaching and facilities.

I think both are solid 3 stars and i know so many players that were 3 stars that became multiple conference champions, national titles, all conference players and NBA players. Time will tell exactly what these two win and how well they play. will really enjoy watching it play out.
I know you know! I was asking San Diego gopher fan! 0 stars basically mean they havent been evaluated not that they're terrible.

I think prince really only has Boston College as a power five commitable offer at the moment

If I had to guess I’d say penn state but I would love to be wrong〽️

I know you know! I was asking San Diego gopher fan! 0 stars basically mean they havent been evaluated not that they're terrible.
I realize that. I was responding generally not at you. I know coaches that have evaluated both of them.

Sure sounds like JOJ is a near lock to be a Gopher within the week. Now I think Ben can focus on a few higher end guys now that he has 2 maybe 3 locked in.
I'd expect 1-2 spots saved for spring/transfer mkt.

Always fun the speculate how this class will finish up…but once Josh commits this week we will have a heck of a start….and I would guess they will prioritize the PG/wing positions andlooking at who we are after and who has us on their short list here is how I would really like to see it….
PG….one of Pierre, Aberdeen(CG), Ziegler
Wing….one of Byrd/Essegien/Dunn

With how the roster outlook is for 2022 I’m not sure if they would take another PF/Combo forward in this class but at the same time they won’t/shouldn’t say no to a top 100 kid like Okpara if he wanted to come a board…And the other Player would maybe be Lee as that true stretch 4 but had heard so little with him and the Gophers lately

I would guess they will save a spot for the spring at the PG spot for sure for a grad transfer or even taking a super senior year from Stephens or Lowe depending how things shake out this upcoming season? I can’t imagine they plan to play all freshman at the point next year. And I just don’t see them taking more then 5 freshman in this class unless right high end player is looking at joining….

of course recruiting is very fluid and things change fast. Just a knee jerk reaction on a Sunday night

Don’t encourage them to ever come back to this board. All they are is negative.

What’s going on with Prince Aligbe? Perhaps I missed an update, but I haven’t heard/seen anything on him in awhile.

Shaping up to be a very nice class. Carrington kinda reminds me of Austin Hollins, maybe not quite as athletic, but also a better shooter as well. Similar frame. Payne has incredible lower body strength, not quite as polished as Oturu was, but I think Payne has the outside touch to turn into that player as an upperclassmen, he definitely has that tenacity that Mbakwe had, I think he will be a fan favorite. Ola-Joseph reminds me of David Roddy when he was at Breck, be interesting once he's here how he will fit in for playing time with Battle, Fox, Ihnen and potentially another freshman at the 2/3 spots. The Pierre kid, watching his tape, at first I was thinking he's similar to Nate Mason with that pull up mid range game, but he also looks quicker and has quicker hands. His tape kinda reminded me of Jarvis Johnson back when he was at De la Salle. As far as wings go I think I like Dunn a little more than Byrd, little more physically developed than Byrd, but would be happy with either if we take five freshman.

Top Bottom