All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

That's the 2nd vid I've seen. This one impressed me more than the first, both very nice tho.... Definitely want this guy too. Didn't catch him at eybl.

Could see him being an explosive contributor.

If I were to be nit-picky I'd say I would like to see him finish with his left hand a little more. He had plenty of drive and finishes on the left side, but always finished with the right hand... That's that new generation stuff.

Anyways i know the staff would make him work on that, not sure how comfortable he would become with the left though, also if he tries to dunk on 50%+ of his drives it's nothing to worry about.

He looks like he'd be a great get, get em coaches.

I've made/seen that same observation with many of these videos. Kids finish with that reverse right hand layup all the time on the left side these days. However, its important that this is a mix tape, those reverse finishes are a bit flashier looking and would likely make the video where as the left handed vanilla finish wouldn't. He very well could be finishing with his left in other spots, just didn't make the highlights like the reverse did.

Love his motor, plays like many with the dreads often do (crazy generalization alert), all out.

Hmm, aren't Jarvis and Alex supposed to drop *after* they commit to the Gophers? LOL.

Both those guys have been top 100 players and 4* for a long time (more than a year, I believe), most recently in the 80's. At one time Jarvis was in the 50's or 60's. Everything I've seen this summer supports that (Jarvis had a subpar start to the summer, but has looked himself again lately). I think Rivals isn't paying attention.

Yeah their drop in ranking doesn't bother me one bit. I've seen enough of both of them to know that they are great players and I couldn't care less where they are ranked. I doubt schools rely too much on these type of rankings, but hopefully it helps a little bit to keep other programs away.

Yeah their drop in ranking doesn't bother me one bit. I've seen enough of both of them to know that they are great players and I couldn't care less where they are ranked. I doubt schools rely too much on these type of rankings, but hopefully it helps a little bit to keep other programs away.

+1

Jimmy Whitt is for real. He made a bunch of TOUGH plays, and that was just one camp.

Don't think we were very much in it at this point but Jalen Adams has committed to UCONN.

That's the first I've seen of Clarke, definitely want!

Fans would love him. I've seen him a bunch of times and his effort and motor are always 110%. Has a huge impact on every game and always finds ways to score without the ball being in his hands all the time.

I try not to get tied into any one kid, but Chris Clarke looks to be the difference maker we need. I thought his strength was rebounding and was surprised the film didn't show any. I would be surprised if his recruitment doesn't explode shortly.

I've made/seen that same observation with many of these videos. Kids finish with that reverse right hand layup all the time on the left side these days. However, its important that this is a mix tape, those reverse finishes are a bit flashier looking and would likely make the video where as the left handed vanilla finish wouldn't. He very well could be finishing with his left in other spots, just didn't make the highlights like the reverse did.

Love his motor, plays like many with the dreads often do (crazy generalization alert), all out.

I know exactly what you mean, one can/should not get too excited or pessimistic over a mixtape.
I just saw a few opportunities in the vid in which a left hand finish over some tough defense would have impressed me more the switching back to his right for the unorthodox finish (shows me he MAYBE limited)
and even when he had opportunities for the vanilla left hand finish he didn't show case it..
But like u and I both said I wouldn't worry about that for various reasons, I was just playing devils advocate and nit-picking....(jumpshot is a little slow too. Lol)

I see him being a difference maker left hand or no left hand. One of my favorite recruits based on the limited info and vids of them all.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Good visit at Minnesota! &#55356;&#57280;</p>— Billy Wampler (@LaVerdadII) <a href="https://twitter.com/LaVerdadII/statuses/482980577956462592">June 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per CBS:

Jimmy Whitt looking in and out of state

When Kim Anderson took over the Missouri job in the spring, one of the first things people said he needed to do was make sure the Tigers are on the list of Jimmy Whitt, a top-50 prospect from Columbia, Mo.

And Missouri is still in the mix for Whitt.

"Being able to stay home is something you think about," Whitt said. "All the people that supported you since you were little. That's something to think about."

Arkansas, Illinois, Wisconsin, Wake Forest, Colorado, Creighton, SMU and Kansas State are in the mix, while Kansas head coach Bill Self is expected to watch him in July. North Carolina and Wake Forest have also reached out, and Indiana is on his list.

"Indiana is a basketball state to me," Whitt said. "The atmosphere up there in the gym, during games. They love IU basketball, and that's huge to be able to play in front of fans like that, I think that's really great."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...01550/nbpa-top-100-camp-emptying-the-notebook

Go Gophers!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Gophers?src=hash">#Gophers</a> have been in touch with Trevor Manuel in the past, but I'm hearing he's a serious target now. The newest name to watch...</p>— Matt Jessen-Howard (@mjessenhoward) <a href="https://twitter.com/mjessenhoward/statuses/483769536664334336">July 1, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6'9" 215 lb. PF from Oak Hill Academy 4* (Rivals #93, 247sports #86), other offers include Michigan St, Michigan, Oregon, Florida St.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HzXlzBpuhwM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kind of reminds me a bit of Aaron Gordon. Definitely needs to put on some weight though.

Zags Blog: DuPree McBrayer Enjoys Minny, Seton Hall Visits; Targeting Prep School Decision

Dupree McBrayer, a 6-foot-4 2015 guard from The Patrick School in Elizabeth, N.J. and New Heights, enjoyed recent visits to Minnesota and Seton Hall, and expects to pick a prep school soon.

McBrayer visited Minnesota last week.

“The campus was great, the facilities was nice even though it was getting worked on, it was real nice and the weather was good, too,” McBrayer told SNY.tv by phone. “You hear a lot about Minnesota, you think it’s cold, but it was real hot out there….You thinking of cold all the way.”

McBrayer said coach Richard Pitino is making him a priority.

“It makes me feel good but I gotta keep working so when I get there I can contribute right away,” he said.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/dupree...n-hall-visits-targeting-prep-school-decision/

Go Gophers!!

Zags Blog: DuPree McBrayer Enjoys Minny, Seton Hall Visits; Targeting Prep School Decision

Dupree McBrayer, a 6-foot-4 2015 guard from The Patrick School in Elizabeth, N.J. and New Heights, enjoyed recent visits to Minnesota and Seton Hall, and expects to pick a prep school soon.

McBrayer visited Minnesota last week.

“The campus was great, the facilities was nice even though it was getting worked on, it was real nice and the weather was good, too,” McBrayer told SNY.tv by phone. “You hear a lot about Minnesota, you think it’s cold, but it was real hot out there….You thinking of cold all the way.”

McBrayer said coach Richard Pitino is making him a priority.

“It makes me feel good but I gotta keep working so when I get there I can contribute right away,” he said.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/dupree...n-hall-visits-targeting-prep-school-decision/

Go Gophers!!

Interesting that this statement is positioned there. I wonder if that statement is in context. If so- he's pretty serious about the Gophers...

Nice size, nice offer list. Assuming we sign 2 wings this year, the only thing I ask, is that they are the type that shoot first and ask questions later.

Interesting that this statement is positioned there. I wonder if that statement is in context. If so- he's pretty serious about the Gophers...

I agree, but he arguably sounds even more serious about Seton Hall based on the rest of the article...

The week before the Minnesota visit, McBrayer tripped to Seton Hall, where his Patrick School teammate Angel Delgado is an incoming freshman.
“It was good. My mom was with me, she loved it, I loved it,” he said. “She mostly loved the campus, the education. All the classes were small.”
McBrayer said he’s “cool” with all the incoming players and said he and Delgado “are like best friends.”
Isaiah Whitehead also tells McBrayer, “I should come play with them, it will be a good fit for me.”

Big Wilson fan on the court, he's got a lot of tools. He has size (in-person looks taller than 6'1), strength, athleticism, can play both gaurd positions, and if his jumper is as nice as it was against henry Sibley (9 three's).

Personally I think he may be a better get than Jarvis and some of are other targets at gaurd, nothing against JJ i like him too.

I have wondered why the Gophs hadn't made an offer to Wilson yet, this article makes me think it has to do with his grades.

Hope he gets it together and Coach P is monitoring the situation.

Marshawn an off guard Jarvis a lead guard. Marshawn took too many plays off last season. Pit not likely to offer unless ACT. GPA . and effort issues are resolved. Could be a future JUCO transfer recruit.

Marshawn an off guard Jarvis a lead guard. Marshawn took too many games off last season. Pit not likely to offer unless ACT. GPA . and effort issues are resolved. Could be a future JUCO transfer recruit.

I think that's true about the GPA stuff. Not sure of any effort issues... I hope he gets it together and coach P pay attention. He has a lot of game, special talent.

Hill-Murray is a good academic institution, I think they are working everything out.

I'd hate to lose out on him to recruiters who were watching his situation close and recruiting him hard.

El-Amin Fan, I agree too and now I'm assuming he has this offer list with questionable grades which speaks volumes.
And that statement is not a knock on Sacar because I like him.

But on-court I think Wilson is quite possibly better than Johnson and some of our other gaurd target. That's not meant to be a knock on jj either, just a testamony as to how I feel about Wilson's game.

Was Marshawn the #1 Minnesota recruit in the 2015 class a couple years ago or am I making that up? Seems like his stock has gone down slightly the last couple years, for whatever reason.

Well if he can bag a good to go ACT offers will follow. Sacar is locked and loaded academically /ready to play.

Was Marshawn the #1 Minnesota recruit in the 2015 class a couple years ago or am I making that up? Seems like his stock has gone down slightly the last couple years, for whatever reason.

I don't think he was ever #1, but he was definitely #2 for a little while.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/Sacar_Anim15">@Sacar_Anim15</a> (2015 SF) tonight at Pulley Practice on a <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Gophers?src=hash">#Gophers</a> offer, which may come before July is over: "It'd be a dream come true."</p>— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/486682258942615552">July 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom