All Things Citrus Bowl/Orlando Travel Tips, Plans, Hotels, Tickets, Actities and More

The Hyatt Regency is located on International Drive, across the street from the OC Convention Center - about 15 to 20 minutes from downtown Orlando. There are many restaurants etc. on I-Drive, but it is also a very busy tourist zone.

Unreal deal $914 12/30-1/3 for two airfare/hotel

Expedia.com

tickets not included.

orlando deal.jpg

The DoubleTree Hilton is located on the northern fringe of the downtown area, somewhat removed from the downtown bar scene (long walk). The Embassy Suites, Grand Bohemian and Aloft Orlando are more centrally located.

What are some of the Hotels people are staying at, looking for ideas.

The DoubleTree Hilton is located on the northern fringe of the downtown area, somewhat removed from the downtown bar scene (long walk). The Embassy Suites, Grand Bohemian and Aloft Orlando are more centrally located.

Last year the City of Orlando ran a free shuttle from downtown (Amway Center) to the Stadium and back. Might want to put that into your price considerations as it saves Taxi and Parking costs.

Yes it is per person and was $644 at 7:30 this morning. We tried to book and it jumped in price:(

I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but why not have a gopherhole fundraiser/ tailgate before the game to raise money for the website. If the alumni assoc is going to try and raise money, why not the site. I get more benefit from the site than the assoc. just a thought

If the bowl game doesn't work, I think it would be a great idea at one of the home games next year.

The question is, would everyone have to wear name tags with their Gopherhole name?

If the bowl game doesn't work, I think it would be a great idea at one of the home games next year.

The question is, would everyone have to wear name tags with their Gopherhole name?

There's so many names on here I'd like to put with faces! That'd be a kick.

I've always said I'd like to see personalized Gopherhole Tees sold as fundraiser with moniker on back. It would be fun to meet people at games, tailgates, etc. Then, at last home game, have a tailgate with yearly "Goldies" Awards given out for Newbie of the Year, Post of The Year, Recruiting Post / Insider", Rant of the Year, Lifetime Service Award to DL for those awesome summaries, etc. Would be a blast.

Eff it. maybe i'll tell the fiance we're getting in the car and driving all the way haha. I really don't wanna miss this game

My brother and I came to the same conclusion. Took the week off, so unless Sun Country comes up with something really good for just flights, eff it, were doing the 22 hour drive to Florida.

Field level red zone tickets are sold out now as well. Must be approaching 3k by now.

I've always said I'd like to see personalized Gopherhole Tees sold as fundraiser with moniker on back. It would be fun to meet people at games, tailgates, etc. Then, at last home game, have a tailgate with yearly "Goldies" Awards given out for Newbie of the Year, Post of The Year, Recruiting Post / Insider", Rant of the Year, Lifetime Service Award to DL for those awesome summaries, etc. Would be a blast.

I would like to just go ahead and nominate myself for "rant of the year" after the Illinois game. Finally ready to own up to that whopper. Ha! :p

I'm still waiting to hear more about the "actities" mentioned in the title.

Maybe. Keep in mind that, unless the charter is a same day there and back kind of thing, the revenue has to cover the cost of four separate flights: there and back sometime before the game, there and back sometime after the game. <b>They aren't going to leave their plane and crew sitting in Orlando overnight</b>.

Filling the plane is irrelevant if the costs of this extra flight are too high. There are an awful lot of factors to consider (fuel costs, staff costs, misc overhead costs, market potential for selling tickets going the opposite direction, aircraft availability, etc) before the airline can decide if there is actually a viable opportunity here.

I'm here to solve problems. How about everyone who buys a ticket agrees to allow one crew member to sleep in their room?

The G'hole version of the Dundies.

I'm still waiting to hear more about the "actities" mentioned in the title.

Does anyone have anymore details on the Alumni Party (location, times, etc) The details on the page are lacking...but would like a place to hangout before the game.

Their 3-day plan is about $300 less than their 6-day plan???? Sun Country is getting a lot of tweets and e-mails asking for an air-only option. Keep em coming! At these prices that is my only hope of getting to Orlando....

I know. I was excited when I saw the three day plan....until the price.

Has anybody thought of getting on other teams' sole charter flights?
I know it would be painful to do, but I'd love to hear of Gopher fans (traveling incognito) on the Hawkeyes Charter. I can see it now.......The Gazette reporting RECORD TRAVEL on Charter Flights this year.
200 people get off plane and head to Orlando!
What just happened? " Oh, we don't charter singles out of MSP so we thought we'd hop on yours in disguise and ruin your 2015 as well!"
"What the heck is with that carry-on you're toting?" "Oh, nothing, just a Bronze Pig of ours. Have a nice day." "Send Cougar Chicken our regards"

The week between Christmas and New Year's is the biggest week of the year in Central Florida. Been down there many times and a couple of times during that period. The New Years Eve fireworks show at Walt Disney World then was spectacular. They shot fireworks up 12 at a time and you could see them throughout the property. That went on for at least 25 minutes. When the parks closed we didn't get back to our on property hotel for well over an hour.

Great show if you get the chance to see it.

This year the Holiday Season ends Sunday, January 4, 2015. That's why hotel prices are so high and our car rental is coming to around $220 for 12/30 to 1/2. If we could pick it up on Sunday, that same Mid Size car goes for $92.50 a week.

Airfares down there are always a little high during this period. Can't blame the big jump in airfare from here yesterday though on that Holiday Season.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but why not have a gopherhole fundraiser/ tailgate before the game to raise money for the website. If the alumni assoc is going to try and raise money, why not the site. I get more benefit from the site than the assoc. just a thought

Thank you, we appreciate it! We do a donor drive every year...ironically, we provide more and more free content, but donations have gone down. Feel free to donate if you like the work we do: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...ve-Donate-for-prizes-no-ads-and-to-support-GH!

FYI: Creative Charters has added 3 day plans. Linky below:

http://www.travelingopher.com/bowl-trip-information.html

I wish they would have had this a few days ago...still tough as it's almost as much as 6 days, but I think if they were closer to the $1000 price point, they'd fill up plane after plane.

I actually put on a GopherHole tailgate for The Leukemia Lymphoma Society every spring game, $25 gets you the food we throw down at our tailgates (which is pretty incredible) and all the beer you can drink...plus, it goes to a good cause. Would love to see more GHers there, we put a ton of work into it, and it's a great party.

If there's demand for this, my friend owns Big Frog Plymouth...I could have her mock up a design, and people could order individual sizes and names. Would be under $20 a shirt, and it would be custom made.

The Billd's (4 of us) are going the MSP-ATL route and driving to MCO (Orlando). This makes sense for us because Atlanta is home and Dad's still with us.

RT airfare via Southwest for travel to Atlanta on 12/30/14 and return to Mpls-StPaul on 1/3/15 for four = $1310
Rental car from airport = $233
Tickets thru UM at $85/tix = $340
Parking permit at stadium = $32 [highly advised by TAW; concur]

We're saving $$$ for the 7-hour drive from Atlanta down and back...probably $800 to $1000...but still that' a long couple of days of travel. On lodging while down there, we have a Cocoa Beach house for a couple of nights for a $100...so we're really lucky there.

If this is pursued by any other 'Holers consider a detour to the Andersonville National Monument for the Prisoners of War Museum. Not that far off the path from I-75 and it's well worth it. Really impressed my two Minnesota-raised kids.

Still, if you've got the wherewithal a party of 4 for $2000 or so is not too bad...

Go Gophers!

Thank you, we appreciate it! We do a donor drive every year...ironically, we provide more and more free content, but donations have gone down. Feel free to donate if you like the work we do: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...ve-Donate-for-prizes-no-ads-and-to-support-GH!

I wish they would have had this a few days ago...still tough as it's almost as much as 6 days, but I think if they were closer to the $1000 price point, they'd fill up plane after plane.

I actually put on a GopherHole tailgate for The Leukemia Lymphoma Society every spring game, $25 gets you the food we throw down at our tailgates (which is pretty incredible) and all the beer you can drink...plus, it goes to a good cause. Would love to see more GHers there, we put a ton of work into it, and it's a great party.

If there's demand for this, my friend owns Big Frog Plymouth...I could have her mock up a design, and people could order individual sizes and names. Would be under $20 a shirt, and it would be custom made.

And we could have Ruppert's wife do the marketing for all of these. I have heard, from a very unbiased source of course, that she is quite good apparently. :rolleyes:

And we could have Ruppert's wife do the marketing for all of these. I have heard, from a very unbiased source of course, that she is quite good apparently. :rolleyes:

That is what AJ Barker's Mom's friend said...

Top Bottom